Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

There are few problems that I see.
1) Frame is just bad, But fun for solo play
2) Passive is weak, need extra effect or scale better
3) Exchange hp for energy and trigger passive sounds good, but needs more than that.
4) 4th ability....PRIME DISAPPOINTMENT!!! Why would I use it over ShatterShield of Gara or Dance Macabre of Revenant?! This ability needs to go away and be totally different
5) Claws are used only by 1 ability?! Really?! Why give her claws then which looks badass but serve almost no purpose?! Make her ultimate another Exalted weapon. Make claws useful

Things done right so far:
1)Visuals are great
2)Blood effects are nice
3)Animations look smooth and nice

To sum it up, if you giving her giant claws, Let us use them. It is not Ash who hides them and releases when bladestorm is activated. They cant be just for show. I will agree with another tenno suggesting shield surround her rather than from one side only. We dont need another direct damaging ultimate, especially the one that restricts movement. It simply looks like worse Dance Macabre at this point and possibly already ramped up shield of Gara.

I'm gonna be completely honest, I don't like her kit, like at all.

She has no CC whatsoever from what we saw, and damage abilities are just straight up bad in most cases, with a few notable exceptions like Mesa.

Her first ability is okay enough, the only change I'd make is to pull enemies to her instead of jumping towards them but that's just me.

Her second ability is a SINGLE TARGET CC (HOOOOLY COW) with lifedrain which is admittedly good but SINGLE TARGET CC THO.

Her third ability is basically a worse Hunter's Adrenaline/QT which is just horrendous, there's no defending it. Even worse in that it's not a channeled ability so you can't eat a bit of HP to top off your energy, no. You have to chomp down half you HP. I have no clue how this is good when Hunter's adrenaline, quick thinking, zenurik and energy orbs exist.

Her fourth is just Revenant's ult, but shorter range which again boggles my mind.

Okay here we go first time in my 5 years of playing im gonna try to make a rework have at it:

First ability: Lunge at an enemy and chop em up, get the blood shield (duration based) and blood orb (not duration based, stays with you even after the shield expires. Using her 1 again creates a new shield but keeps the orb around so you can keep building it up). Damage done to the shield powers up the the blood orb.

Second ability: spends your blood orb to cast an AOE team buff (affinity range, duration based) for +crit chance and crit damage, buff percentage is based off of the blood orb's absorbed damage. Im suggesting crit stats but it doesn't really matter which stat gets buffed, it could be melee speed and damage or whatever, the important thing is that this is a TEAM BUFF for TEAMS because having TEAM synergies is good.

Third ability: creates an area of blood...stuff, damage done to enemies inside the area becomes HEALING ENERGY (HP only, no shield restoration, cuz blood) for any players inside. (you still need to work for your heals, and if enemies are outside you can't get that heal cuz that'd be OP in my opinion).  Additionally, damage done to enemies inside the area powers up Garuda's blood orb if it's still available and hasn't been used (if this sounds too OP you can make it so the blood orb is always losing blood points over time, so you need to keep up with dealing damage during her 3 and absorbing damage with her 1 to keep the orb up so you can use it for BUFFS with her 2)

Fourth ability: Exalted blood claws but hold on these are weird, read on: Instead of blocking and channeling like the current melee you can still aim (if you wanna be fancy have some floating claws make a shield around you when you aim and give it damage reduction) and fire, which fires off individual claws/quills whatever they are at an enemy, and impale them. Each claw increases melee damage against the enemy so your melee is more effective. I thought about this one last minute so this probably sucks but its all i got.

Also her passive is bad, no amount of damage multiplier will make low HP a good prospect. Give her something like innate hunter's adrenaline/QT so she replenishes energy when damaged or something.

And give the design team a raise cuz dayum she looks good.

4 minutes ago, Zarlockk said:

3) Exchange hp for energy and trigger passive sounds good, but needs more than that.
4) 4th ability....PRIME DISAPPOINTMENT!!! Why would I use it over ShatterShield of Gara or Dance Macabre of Revenant?! This ability needs to go away and be totally different
5) Claws are used only by 1 ability?! Really?! Why give her claws then which looks badass but serve almost no purpose?! Make her ultimate another Exalted weapon. Make claws useful

1)Visuals are great
2)Blood effects are nice

To sum it up, if you giving her giant claws, Let us use them. It is not Ash who hides them and releases when bladestorm is activated. They cant be just for show. I will agree with another tenno suggesting shield surround her rather than from one side only. We dont need another direct damaging ultimate, especially the one that restricts movement. It simply looks like worse Dance Macabre at this point and possibly already ramped up shield of Gara.

only thing I don't agree with is the full radius shield. I think Garuda is supposed to be high risk high reward.

6 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

And?

Just trying to spitball some unique idea here.

Oh no, I wasn't against the forced slash process idea, but I do think health orb drops would be effective, as long as a player is running vacuum. Life steal is also very plausible as I mentioned in op. 

More ideas the better. 

1 hour ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

ULTIMATELY I felt like this was going to be IT, where the upcoming Warframe gets an exalted weapon of sorts. Seeing people hyped about that single pre-devstream image was crazy coining names like Gilgamesh from the fate series, Hela from Marvel, Irelia from League of Legends... but instead we got a blender.

I WAS REALLY THINKING SHE'S GOING TO RELEASE HER BLADES AND MAKE IT SUSPEND IN THE ATMOSPHERE AROUND HER, WALK UP TO ENEMIES (or run) AND DIRECT HER BLADES WITH HER FINGERTIPS TO ENEMIES, LACERATING AND MINCING, WHILE SHE GRACEFULLY MOVES LIKE A HIGH CLASS NOBILITY!

Bruh...

Just now, Squeekly said:

Oh no, I wasn't against the forced slash process idea, but I do think health orb drops would be effective, as long as a player is running vacuum. Life steal is also very plausible as I mentioned in op. 

More ideas the better. 

Yeah. I do think the forced slash proc would be a good pick due to her theme. But it's DE so we know that won't happen.

13 minutes ago, mufasas1lion said:

only thing I don't agree with is the full radius shield. I think Garuda is supposed to be high risk high reward.

I do think of this too. The way she drains her Health for energy and gain Health back for energy and throwing the Orb from her Shield when she brings it down, I do think Garuda is for Players who want to take Risks to deal Damage and stay alive. So like a Tanky Glass Cannon.

Only issue is the damage the blood ball does is exactly why Next mind control units currently suck. 

It's absorbing small amounts of damage meant for the players small health pool. Even if it bypasses armor,  the health scale on enemies would be difficult. 

Unless it's capable of Next assimilate levels...  Absorb ally damage also?  Your own melee damage? 

As most people are saying. She looks amazing, but her ultimate is really boring.

My suggestions for her in general are:

1 - make her "assault" skill faster. That animations was too slow. I think it should be like valkyr's hysterical assault. Fast and awesome shreding lol

2 - that shield she gets should be an AoE around her, not just im front of her.

3 - I'm not sure if her impale heals only her or all her team mates. Pls, make it heal everybody.

4 - now talking about her ultimate. For me, it was too similar to revenant. It hits everything around you and gives a benefit. Revenant has more range and gives overshields, garuda sucks enemies torwards her and gives health. I didnt like it at all (sorry). For her ultimate i suggest a exalted weapon. The consept is: she focus her energy at her claws, she shoots her claws at enemies. Kind of like excalibur exalted blade. But the difference here is that enemies hit in melee distance heal her and the claws travel just like a boltor projectile (impaling enemies at wall). The animation for that i imagine more like she flinging the claws, not really shooting them, that would have the melee distance bonus of healing health and it would fit in the "elegant gore frame"

For her passive... Dont make it a flat bonus. But a constant thing. If she is down 10% health, 10% bonus damage. If she is down 80% health, 80% bonus damage.

Thats all.

Thanks for all your great work.

Talking about fortuna... I have to quote Tyl Regor:

"I'm very excited now. The anticipation. Ooh." Lol

il y a 48 minutes, mufasas1lion a dit :

4-completely change it: garuda instead attacks in a frenzy!(yes exalted) drains (~7-15)hp+20energy per sec
garuda automatically attacks relentlessly with 150% attack speed steroid, but can barely walk.

Valkyr already does that, except for the slow part.
Keep in mind that the theme is "gore with style" and actually, it's succesful at giving this feeling, but the synergies are not there unfotunately

I liked her kit. I agree her 4 visually looks similar to allot of frames and lacks an active element as well as a wow moment. Basically 4 looks like activating super Sayan with out doing any Kamehameha. There all this stuff  around her like its charging something but there's no pay off which is why its being compared to absorb which is literally charging for an explosion. Maybe make blades shoot out at the end or make her able to do some melee slashes or something.  The one could use a bit of a boom when it hits its not visible how big the explosion is. 

5 minutes ago, Maryph said:

Valkyr already does that, except for the slow part.
Keep in mind that the theme is "gore with style" and actually, it's succesful at giving this feeling, but the synergies are not there unfotunately

Valkyr is unvulrable.
this Garuda version drains her hp and forces you to kill to sustain.

4-completely change it: garuda instead attacks in a frenzy!(yes exalted) drains (~7-15)hp+20energy per sec
garuda automatically attacks relentlessly with 150% attack speed steroid, but can barely walk.
^1 gains bonus(base) range but loses shield during 4. 1 gains 5% lifesteal during 4 and refunds energy on kill(or 50% reduced) 
^3 increases attack speed by another 100% for (~5-15sec) during 4

Edited by mufasas1lion

Oh no, I don't want to give negative feedback, I like this game, I love the devs, but Garuda is looking disappointing to me at this point. She looks so very beautiful though, which is probably part of the issue (expectations eh). Those forearm blades are such a prominent feature you expect them to be a big part of her kit, sadly they are not. Reminds me a lot of when we first saw Titania; it seemed like the Razorflies would be integral, I wanted to throw swarms of them, or be surrounded by them. Instead they just passively, and forgettably add minor damage to abilities that are a bit flawed (still hoping for a rework).

I think a big contribution to her current design is the desire to avoid crossover with Valkyr. We have a female frame, that looks lithe and nimble, she looks menacing, you expect her to be melee based (on account of those blades) and you expect to her to be mobile since she's so athletic looking. She's not. 

Passive - Increased damage as her health falls. I don't know, this has a few problems. As a gamer you want to be teasing out as much performance as you can get, running at low health to get more damage is likely just going to get you killed more often. The counter-synergy is that if we have frames that provide healing, or increase health orb drops, or anyone with a Rejuv' aura equipped is going to be working against you. Maybe instead she gains movement/attack speed as she loses HP? This would give you the option to either run or fight your way out of trouble.

Soul Bulwark - The animation is nice, this looks thematic. However the blood shield, and the orb seem incongruous. I don't personally like the shield mechanic, I don't like it visually. It feels like it encourages that you sit behind it and shoot things, not the play style Garuda feels like she should embody, she shouldn't be Volt. The orb is what, a mini Antimatter Drop? It's not exciting me. I imagine it scales better than a lot of Warframe damage abilities, but meh.

Sanguine Siphon - Again stylistically really nice, and tbh more like what I imagined her kit would resemble. But issues I have is the healing works against the passive and this may be a personal thing, but I do not want to be rooted to a small area. I want to be mobile, I don't want to be stood in one place. It's less fun and you're going to get shot at more.

Life Sunder - Just why? Your 3rd unlock and all it does is hurt you (I realise this an attempt at synergy with the passive) and give you energy? The Rage mod is a far better option.

Engulfing Blades - Oh no. it's been said already but this is functionally a lot like Revenants ultimate. Or maybe more like you become a Vauban Vortex? I don't think becoming a sluggish turret is engaging gameplay, nor do I find the small AoE to be that interesting. I would like more variety. This feels a bit copy/paste. I honestly wouldn't say no to an exalted weapon here.

Now I know Rebecca tentatively touched on the concept of theme, and gore is one that has been mentioned several times in relation to Garuda. So why are we not embracing that? Why not collect gibs an chunks on her claws for some stacking bonus, or that you can consume them later for some effect, like shish kebab! Why not use the claws to latch on to surfaces or enemies. Why not swing them around on chains? Let's use them to skewer and slice in creative ways. Why not use her claws/spines like Kimimaro from Naruto, or Hela (good suggestion) from Thor Ragnorok, in some visceral and violent way? Put a bit of animation work into them and lets see them flex, or spin.

Just spend some time on her please, it feels like Warframe releases are getting faster and less original lately. Please DE make something I want to play not just build for the mastery.

I was worried I might like Garuda more than Valkyr, and I just don't, and she's not mechanically perfect either. The difference is Valkyr has lore, and theme, she feels good to play, when she screams, when the claws come out, it's satisfying. Leaping and cleaving a baddie is cool, impaling them is cool, shields and orbs aren't. Maybe that's just me.

11 minutes ago, mufasas1lion said:

^3 increases attack speed by another 100% for (~5-15sec) during 4

This is where he meant Valkyr. WarCry let Valkyr give the Team and herself a higher Attack Speed than that. From what i saw in the Devstream, DE don't want her to be like Valkyr and more like herself.

First of all, I really liked the concept of the character, before I was a bit afraid of Garuda pulling a bit of the appearance of the Zephyr Base (which I do not like at all) but seeing this DevStream my fear became love, I loved the Frame Designer

Good Let's go to the main subject, Garuda's passive, so I understood her passive increases the damage to her life, so that's fine, but the problem is how this passive works

I managed to think of two ways it works, the first is good, the second is bad

1> The amount of life lost increases the Bonus, and Garuda can recover life that the counter does not drop (this is good because she can continue to deal high damage without getting low life)
2> The current amount of life turns the Bonus, how much less life, more damage, if you recover life the damage decreases

If the passive is the second, it would not be a big problem if it were not something inside the game, Procs of "Slach" and "toxin" that ignore the shield and directly attack the HP, and as in DevStream she managed to get 2 HP , a Bleed or Poison would be Hit Kill

Edited by walter100

Following the Concept of the character the first option I listed up there seems much more appropriate for the "Blood Magician", the Second seems much more to a "Berserker" than a blood user

But if it is the second option itself, it should have a second passive, "All Damage independent of the source has to go through the shields first"

1 hour ago, Zarlockk said:

1)Visuals are great
2)Blood effects are nice

I do agree with you

Perhaps instead of Gara shield, I was thinking more of Nezha's shield - allowing it to 'heal'/increase health of the shield when you perform the 1 ability on foes - further letting you stack multiple orbs. This would allow Garuda to stay at lower health while still having a barrier to stop being insta killed.

Just a buffer of sorts along with her 2 to keep her alive and kicking as the passive boosts damage.