Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #118!

[DE]Megan

Not happy about you giving in and adding vacuum to pets. Was buffing the abilities of other companions to be worth it really that difficult? I hope you will at least draw a hard line at warframe based vacuum. There's gotta be at least *some* cost involved, and a single mod slot just isn't enough.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom
  • Like 1

Hey hey! After just 2 years of pleading, Focus Buddy pNa3sLU.pngwill finally be a thing... kinda.

Spoiler

focusbuddy.jpg

PS. Please don't make mining Color Vision dependant. I'm quite colorblind and that new mode needs Color Deficient Accessibility.

What I mean by this...

Spoiler

I can see the white rectangle on the wheel.

I can even see the current version tracing border around resources.

What I can't see, is a cluster of colored pixels inside a larger cluster of similarly colored (to my vision) pixels.

I had to ask a friend to describe what she was actually targeting to arrive at that description.

How this can be fixed/avoided...

Spoiler

I've been reviewing the footage and I can only see the "blob" you're supposed to shoot at in less than half of the examples shown in the stream.

I understand this is all WIP, so please allow me to suggest an alternative to the blob,
(click image for an un-squished view)

unknown.png

I'm just calling it a "Targeting Thingy" for lack of better name.

But as you can see in the mockup, It's a tri-forked reticle that spins.

The fact that it is a high-contrast element that is moving in a predictable pattern helps color deficient visioned players see what it's actually trying to show.

Again, this is just a suggestion, and really anything that gives this kind of visual cuing would suffice.

It's just something I whipped up for example sake.

Edited by holyicon
Added specific explanation of issue and suggestion fixes towards upcoming WIP mining changes.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Not happy about you giving in and adding vacuum to pets. Was buffing the abilities of other companions to be worth it really that difficult? I hope you will at least draw a hard line at warframe based vacuum. There's gotta be at least *some* cost involved, and a single mod slot just isn't enough.

In a game where it is apparently acceptable for game-breaking powers to be used effectively without restriction, why is it so critically important to assign cost to a convenience function?

Why should Vacuum cost more than a mod slot? I don't think it's all that powerful.

3 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

In a game where it is apparently acceptable for game-breaking powers to be used effectively without restriction, why is it so critically important to assign cost to a convenience function?

Why should Vacuum cost more than a mod slot? I don't think it's all that powerful.

I actually like that they added a Vacuum mod for the pets. Everyone stuck with the Sentinels because of Vacuum. Time for me to take my cat out of the 2 year stasis, hope there are no after effects.

• Like 5

Thanks for that really fun stream.
About time we get vacuum on pets tho some of them could really use some utility upgrades like Chesa, Sunika etc.

Also please consider adding a dedicated "spawn point" in the dojo.
Instead of having us adjust the decors and limit creativity on a room, I think it's a lot easier to just have us pick a spot where we can consistently spawn.
This should at least prevent us from getting stuck on heavily decorated areas.
ie.
Bout 80% of the time this is what it looks like when I enter my clan doj. lol

Spoiler

8tNg79F.jpg

Edited by Oranji

8 minutes ago, holyicon said:

PS. Please don't make mining Color Vision dependant. I'm quite colorblind and that new mode needs Color Deficient Accessibility.

Mining isn't color-based, actually! You have a target marker to hit that's shown.

It's a white rectangle I didn't even notice was there to begin with and i'm not colorblind, but visibility of the marker aside there IS a clear marker of where to hit and it's not based on color recognition.

• Like 1

To the fine folks at DE

I would like to take the time to comment on Garuda and her abilities. In a short abstract, I like her first 3 abilities but her 4th ability doesn't feel right in terms of her overall play style. 

To provide more context, I'm assuming her 1 is meant to be a defensive/offensive hybrid with an initial mobility portion. her 2 to be a health regen and her 3 to be health depletion for gaining energy and increased damage. the way I see it, her 3 feeds into over all damage while her 2 allows her to keep the frame at a stable state of health and her 1 allows her to move slightly and gain some defenses that can be converted into an offensive ability. The gameplay loop for the first 3 abilities make sense but I fail to see her 4 comes in. When I saw the 4th ability, I saw a Vacuum and damage within area skill. This seems to not feed into the game play loop of keeping health within a stable range and seems purely offensive without the mobility or defensive aspects of the 1. in addition, while i will admit i don't have full knowledge, i don't see any synergies between the 4th ability and the other abilities so the 4 just feels like an outlier

In conclusion, I like the idea of Garuda being a frame that requires attention to health to maintain optimal damage but find one aspect of her kit to be an outlier

17 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

As unhappy as you are about pet vacuum there will be just as many (if not more) who are unhappy that we'll need to sacrifice a mod slot to get a function many feel should be standard on every warframe, not just the companions/sentinels etc.

I've already added like 8/9 forma to my pets so making it a mod may mean I need to have EVERY mod slot forma'd... also to be fair that mod is basically chesa's retrieve but with less range and we all know how well that precept works.... oh right it doesn't 90% of the time.  So I'm curious is the chesa getting a new precept?

Having said that the vacuum mod doesn't really bother me that much either way, I'm more 'concerned' with the changes to mining and fishing which look more time consuming and arguably harder than before even though DE are saying they're to make things 'easier'...

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, Zuhan said:

I actually like that they added a Vacuum mod for the pets. Everyone stuck with the Sentinels because of Vacuum. Time for me to take my cat out of the 2 year stasis, hope there are no after effects.

Absolutely, and it's astounding that it took this long to do. They made vacuum cross-compatible across Sentinels for that very same reason.

Vacuum isn't especially powerful or game-breaking, but it does vastly improve the game experience for most players. I have yet to encounter a compelling reason as to why it shouldn't simply be applied as an optional innate Warframe property.

• Like 4

Digging Garuda except for one thing and I guess it's subject to change but I don't like the shield floating above, it's kinda distracting and the frame shape of the bones looked odd to me.

I think it would be nicer if the shield was just blood streams (or whatever) swirling around Garuda getting more intense with the build up or just something more relatebale to being a shield.

Also I dunno the specifics about the ult but it might be good if the blades shoot out when the timer runs out becoming projectiles (imagine all the enemies getting nailed to walls). 

Also I second the color blind point for mining for a different reason. I struggle to see the nodes sometimes lol.

Edited by myuushii
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rachnera said:

garuda better have some sort of immunity to slash and toxin or she's going in the trash bin just like revenant
ult is also really bad, would be great if it provided damage resistance while you were in it

She has a shield ability 🤔

Questions i couldnt ask because 30 minute wait time to the next message(!?):

Can you heal Garuda while channeling her blood ball attack with Rechargers, Globes, Abilitys of other warframes?

How good is the chance we get the Landing Craft to choose in our loadouts as well?

My most important question (at least personal one): How much would you charge for a real life blood fountain statue (with flowing.... red water? Blood?) of Corpus or Grineer? Would be veeeery interrested in that hehehe

Will you also bring out some cold weather attachments, syandanas and weapon and warframe skins maybe?

Also: At least one of you were wearing some kind of halloween event costum instead of your casual stuff, Reb is getting more symphatic to me slowly. Now dont come up with wearing just a halloween hat next time, Reb at least dares to wear something else then the casual people do. My Respect to you to be different Rebecca!

P.S: He DID murder it! Thats why we shouldnt watch him, he murdered the poor duck moa in cold blood and digged a grave to let it disappear, somewhere hidden on a place only he knows!

2 minutes ago, myuushii said:

She has a shield ability 🤔

wow great I'm sure that'll help when I get hit with an AOE toxin proc from a high level ancient and get instagibbed
or, you know, enemies end up being behind me

Edited by Rachnera
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rachnera said:

wow great I'm sure that'll help when I get hit with an AOE toxin proc from a high level ancient and get instagibbed
or, you know, enemies end up being behind me

yes why not avoid every difficulty with every frame

1 minute ago, myuushii said:

yes why not avoid every difficulty with every frame

or maybe make frames not be complete garbage past level 30 enemies
if I use her as intended she's basically complete trash against infested because of the toxin proc spam, and you have to be very careful when fighting any grineer because of slash procs
why even bother be a high risk/high reward frame when the risk outweighs the reward

if the damage bonus for being at literally 2 HP is a double damage increase then it's not worth it
one stray bullet and you're dead, that double damage bonus is bad in a game where you oneshot pretty much everything anyways
and the ult is just a worse revenant ult, which is a worse mesa ult

• Like 1