Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #118!

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Hello Mr. "Instantly bailed out of discussing when he got destroyed by argumentation".

Not gonna respond to the other guy? Really, I guess they were right then?

There it is again. 

There is absolutely not reason for me to respond to the other guy, I read his post and I don't give a shat about what he said. The discussion is done. Why should I draw out a pointless discussion. Get of your high horse #*!%ing hell, it didn't even have anything to do with you, why are trying to make it a point of argument.

Edited by myuushii

Can Garuda"s ultimate not be another fire and forget murder everything ability?  Seriously, I thought DE was trying to move away from that.  Perhaps you could make it be an ability that starts off weak and doing very little damage but gets stronger as her kill rate goes up.  Something that requires us to actually play the frame and not just go in the direction of enemies and blow them up.  People are just going to build her for range and damage stand still and call it in. 

Just now, myuushii said:

I don't give a S#&$

Why do you respond then?

Before you ask me the same, I'l tell you. Because I DO care. People not understanding this game then asking for stupid changes that ruin stuff are the worst. And I dislike them. That's why I try to single them out and call them out on their bad ideas.

10 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Why do you respond then?

Before you ask me the same, I'l tell you. Because I DO care. People not understanding this game then asking for stupid changes that ruin stuff are the worst. And I dislike them. That's why I try to single them out and call them out on their bad ideas.

You did jack. You read a post and called the author (me) a r etard. Smart.

Not "understanding the game". Nice. Let me get my Warframe PHD after I see yours.
I don't see how I need to spell it out that no every frame need ultra rhino survivability for level 100 content when the majority of people playing this game never even attempt that difficulty, additionally a #*!%ing resistance for a game mechanics out of nowhere is not even remotely a good suggestion. We just got a mod adding incredible defensive options and if your playstyle is so bad that you need flat out damage immunity in certain situations then just stick to Rhino.
If Toxin is such a massive issue for him then he can build against it and in Garuda's case she may be very well be strong enough to heal through the toxin. Getting oneshot at 2 health is his problem if he thinks he needs to stick around that health threshold when he knows he can't deal with toxin or slash in a given situation. But please tell me more why we need more handholding in a game where "we can oneshot eveything" anyway.

Yes bohoo, you can #*!%ing die with Garuda. Sad times.

>Why do you respond then?

... I just told you I didn't respond to the very post I didn't care about.

Edited by myuushii

PASSIVE: The lower her health, the more damage she does.

ONE: Cast upon an enemy to tear them apart with your claws. Doing so summons a shield in front of you to protect you, for a set duration. Additionally, you harvest their blood that can the charged by draining your energy and thrown at enemies to do damage.

TWO: Cast upon an enemy to impale them, creating an AOE that drains their life force to heal you.

THREE: Cast to lower your health, giving you energy based on the amount of health drained.

FOUR: Summon a flurry of blades around you, pulling in enemies and shredding them. You can move around while in the vortex

Another morbid caster with useless abilities. I don't want a thematic animation, I don't want to have no health - even temporarily, I don't care about getting a minor buff, everything Garuda can do can be done way more efficiently with my weapons and we keep getting frames like this.

7 minutes ago, myuushii said:

You did jack. You read a post and called the author (me) a r etard. Smart.

Not "understanding the game". Nice. Let me get my Warframe PHD after I see yours.
I don't see how I need to spell it out that no every frame need ultra rhino survivability for level 100 content when the majority of people playing this game never even attempt that difficulty, additionally a #*!%ing resistance for a game mechanics out of nowhere is not even remotely a good suggestion. We just got a mod adding incredible defensive options and if your playstyle is so bad that you need flat out damage immunity in certain situations then just stick to Rhino.
If Toxin is such a massive issue for him then he can build against it and in Garuda's case she may be very well be strong enough to heal through the toxin. Getting oneshot at 2 health is his problem if he thinks he needs to stick around that health threshold when he knows he can't deal with toxin or slash in a given situation. But please tell me more why we need more handholding in a game where "we can oneshot eveything" anyway.

Yes bohoo, you can #*!%ing die with Garuda. Sad times.

>Why do you respond then?

... I just told you I didn't respond to the very post I didn't care about.

And yet you keep responding to me.

Your comment shows how you don't know how this game works. You DO need survivability skill if you want to play this game at higher level. Also if you think Rhino is peak survivability then you just confirm your lack of knowledge even further.

If you want to argue based on level 40 ish enemies then everything in the game can kill them in one hit, that's completely irrelevant.

There is a reason why this thread is people complaining about Garuda. She will be bad if they release her the way they shown her. She doesn't need to be overpowered. True, but she does need to be able to compete with other warframes, many of which could be considered overpowered.

3 minutes ago, Suska said:

Another morbid caster with useless abilities. I don't want a thematic animation, I don't want to have no health - even temporarily, I don't care about getting a minor buff, everything Garuda can do can be done way more efficiently with my weapons and we keep getting frames like this.

I think the great thing about warframe is the ability to pick and choose what you want to play.  If you are concerned about her abilities constructive criticism is always more beneficial, to the community, than "I don't want."

1 minute ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I think the great thing about warframe is the ability to pick and choose what you want to play.  If you are concerned about her abilities constructive criticism is always more beneficial, to the community, than "I don't want."

Yeah, which is why he provided said constructive criticism.

ballerinavent had a beautiful baby with harrow the once a great buffer, she floats around slowly in a small cloud of gore ... most of which is her own ... she's the caster of low health ... the glass ... well ... SUPER glass ... that's not a cannon! *sadface* gah! she's SO BEAUTIFUL! is that a power?

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Yeah, which is why he provided said constructive criticism.

3 minutes ago, Suska said:

wat? I've just explained... oh whatever

No.  Not really. 

helping to improve; promoting further development or advancement (opposed to destructive): constructive criticism.

I don't like
I don't want
I can do this better with this.

versus
This ability creates very slow combat it should be sped up by creating more damage on the initial cast

4 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

No.  Not really. 

helping to improve; promoting further development or advancement (opposed to destructive): constructive criticism.

I don't like
I don't want
I can do this better with this.

versus
This ability creates very slow combat it should be sped up by creating more damage on the initial cast

Abloo bloo bloo use the words I like and don't hurt my fragile soul.

Nah. Get over yourself and stop white-knighting.

Edited by HugintheCrow

20 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

And yet you keep responding to me.

Your comment shows how you don't know how this game works. You DO need survivability skill if you want to play this game at higher level. Also if you think Rhino is peak survivability then you just confirm your lack of knowledge even further.

If you want to argue based on level 40 ish enemies then everything in the game can kill them in one hit, that's completely irrelevant.

There is a reason why this thread is people complaining about Garuda. She will be bad if they release her the way they shown her. She doesn't need to be overpowered. True, but she does need to be able to compete with other warframes, many of which could be considered overpowered.

I respond to you not to him, what the hell is your point. And I used Rhino as an over exaggerated example. And Garuda has life steal + shield, why the hell would a new frame need to be directly catered to end game content with completely unrelated resistances. Why have those obstacles there to begin with one if people want everything just be superstacked out of the box with all they need to afk level 160 enemies. 

>If you want to argue based on level 40 ish enemies then everything in the game can kill them in one hit, that's completely irrelevant.

........ Do you listen to yourself? He made the point that the damage buff is pointless in a game where you can oneshot everything, not me. I don't think you can even follow this discussion.

And #*!%ing stop with the "lel u dont unerstdatzandf teh game oftzervall" point. I don't even know why I bother to respond to someone like you.

Also, speaking of OP Warframes. You have Saryn who obliterates entire maps, what survivability does she have? Molt... Or you do the opposite and gimp around with Rhino, Inaros or Nezha and just don't take damage at all.

Edited by myuushii

Why is one of Garuda's active abilities just the mod Rage?

Why does Garuda have three active abilities focused around balancing her health pool to make the most of her risk vs reward passive, when the reward is a damage buff for yourself on par with what a typical Rhino build does with its 3 button for everyone in your team?

Why did you bother making an ability that's a shield, on a frame that will assuredly be practically invincible via Defy-esque shenanigans?

Why do so many frames have an ability where they slowly rotate like a rotisserie chicken?

Edited by Emperrier
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, myuushii said:

I respond to you not to him, what the hell is your point. And I used Rhino as an over exaggerated example. And Garuda has life steal + shield, why the hell would a new frame need to be directly catered to end game content with completely unrelated resistances. Why have those obstacles there to begin with one if people want everything just be superstacked out of the box with all they need to afk level 160 enemies. 

>If you want to argue based on level 40 ish enemies then everything in the game can kill them in one hit, that's completely irrelevant.

........ Do you listen to yourself? He made the point that the damage buff is pointless in a game where you can oneshot everything, not me. I don't think you can even follow this discussion.

And #*!%ing stop with the "lel u dont unerstdatzandf teh game oftzervall" point. I don't even know why I bother to respond to someone like you.

1 minute ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

Yeeeah. You’re not getting irrational. 😂 Your response kind of shows who the more fragile of us is. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Aah, yes, blind to arguments, always in damage-control mode. See you again when we get flooded by "Garuda is trash" whining threads.

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Aah, yes, blind to arguments, always in damage-control mode. See you again when we get flooded by "Garuda is trash" whining threads.

Sure thing hun.  You do you boo. I see zero merit to discussing anything further with you.  You can’t even manage civil discourse.  It’s like telling a screaming baby to stop crying. 😂 

Hello DE, I hope you're reading this, because I have a few things I'd like to bring up about Garuda and what we've seen today:

Her passive...It's interesting. I can see a bit of micromanaging here, but it's a risk reward kinda thing and I'm wondering if there will be enough reward to warrant such a risk with her health. I'm not sure if this will be revised or not, but I don't want to see people just shredding their health to zero just to maximize damage output, as this can potential upset teammates when this is misused.

Her 1 is probably the ability I want revised the most looking at it now. The shield and the initial massacring of a unit I'm okay with...but I'm wondering that since this is reliant on killing or attacking an enemy if it will just be dead weight against bosses and such. The shield....needs some looks improved in my opinion, maybe not so much a shield as a damage reduction aura maybe? I'd feel that'd be better for her case. The Orb though, holy crap I hate the look of that...she uses those sick metal claws...to throw it...DE, come on, if you're going to give her those claws, have her use that blood and stab out with them to launch a lance of blood that explodes, that would look so much better and still fit with her theme. Otherwise, the scaling of the damage from the damage absorbed is great, though the casting of all this is a tad clunky. In my opinion, the 1 when pressed should just work as in the initial cast, shredding or dealing damage to an enemy to gain the shield/damage resistance, and just tapping it again would allow for more charges and refreshing of the shield. Then, you can hold down one to "focus" the blood and unleash it. This would allow a build up of a nuke for higher priority targets such as bombards and such and not require you to waste it on trash mobs as well as removing some of the clunkyness of the ability

Her 2, honestly I have no complaints, it looks sick, its devilish and badass in concept and function, I'm gonna love it. The only thing I saw that may require looking at is making sure the talon impaling the enemy matches the coloration of the talons, but that's minor and not really a complain, since you guys are good about getting those things matched up anyways.

Her 3 is okay in my opinion, but I feel that just trading life for energy is a bit wasteful. I mean, we already have rage for that...how about you inflict bleed on yourself and gain buffs from it so you don't immediately shred half your health for it? It would also prevent what I stated previously and also prevent someone from instantly downing themselves if they time the ability badly or don't see someone attacking them from behind, which is often something that can happen.

Her 4...I hate to say this about something you guys are creating but I honestly hate this ability. It's like a revenant ult but just themed for her and in close range. And the animation of Garuda during this? It doesn't fit her. It's not elegant, and just a swarm of blades fits Ash more than it does Garuda. I don't know what this should be replaced this with, but make it more unique and not just a damaging channel. We already have that with Revenant, as I said previously, and it would be a waste to have two warframes in a row with a very similar ultimate.

That said, I love the looks of her, I really look forward to playing her, and I hope that my suggestions have at the very least given you all some good ideas with witch to inspire or help with this amazing looking frame. Thanks again for all the hard work you guys put in, and best of luck with all the work going into Fortuna.