Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #118!

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

I dont even do eso anymore i just do kuva hydron and bounties so im definitely not doing it after eso its about 5x as boring with even worse rewards its onlt good reward is really rare

I finally got Khora and stopped SO, I haven't done ESO for anything. I think I'd only go into SO or ESO for focus with my Octavia and Eidolon Lens.

24 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Absolutely, and it's astounding that it took this long to do. They made vacuum cross-compatible across Sentinels for that very same reason.

Vacuum isn't especially powerful or game-breaking, but it does vastly improve the game experience for most players. I have yet to encounter a compelling reason as to why it shouldn't simply be applied as an optional innate Warframe property.

Nor will you ever find one. You'll get opinions, but won't find any arguments. A game that's loot dependent not having a vacuum of some sort doesn't make sense.

6 minutes ago, Mach25 said:

Nor will you ever find one. You'll get opinions, but won't find any arguments. A game that's loot dependent not having a vacuum of some sort doesn't make sense.

I don't think the Warframes should have a Vacuum. If they did that then Sentinels and Pets would lose their value really fast.

10 minutes ago, Rachnera said:

why even bother be a high risk/high reward frame when the risk outweighs the reward
one stray bullet and you're dead, that double damage bonus is bad in a game where you oneshot pretty much everything anyways

You aren't thinking things through very far are you? Use prime flow quick thinking and hunter adrenaline alongside your 2 and 3, then throw in some arcane guardians and even adaption and you can sit pretty comfy at 2 health for as long as you want. I think she's gonna be able to tank quite a bit

31 minutes ago, Izanagi009 said:

To the fine folks at DE

I would like to take the time to comment on Garuda and her abilities. In a short abstract, I like her first 3 abilities but her 4th ability doesn't feel right in terms of her overall play style. 

To provide more context, I'm assuming her 1 is meant to be a defensive/offensive hybrid with an initial mobility portion. her 2 to be a health regen and her 3 to be health depletion for gaining energy and increased damage. the way I see it, her 3 feeds into over all damage while her 2 allows her to keep the frame at a stable state of health and her 1 allows her to move slightly and gain some defenses that can be converted into an offensive ability. The gameplay loop for the first 3 abilities make sense but I fail to see her 4 comes in. When I saw the 4th ability, I saw a Vacuum and damage within area skill. This seems to not feed into the game play loop of keeping health within a stable range and seems purely offensive without the mobility or defensive aspects of the 1. in addition, while i will admit i don't have full knowledge, i don't see any synergies between the 4th ability and the other abilities so the 4 just feels like an outlier

In conclusion, I like the idea of Garuda being a frame that requires attention to health to maintain optimal damage but find one aspect of her kit to be an outlier

agreed, this is the one thing about her kit that I don't think will be too useful. The only thing that I'm curious about is if you can, with high range, use this more like a vaubans 4 for cc rather than for damage. if pulling in and ragdolling a large group is possible it might have its uses, but I can't help but feel it needs more synergy. does it provide any additional bonuses? It would be pretty cool if you could still be able to do something, or at least use her other abilities while it's active. 

Yeah from the looks of it garuda will be worse then limbo i will hard pass her mainly because i will never do anything more then ghoul purge my favorite thing i wont even do plague star when it returns on console in i think 6 or 7 days because of how fast i kill the hemocytes at under 15 seconds each

So yeah there still not strong enough with the level 80 dead in just 9 seconds

Very nice frame DE, I will get her BUT there's a few things to note : 
1) Her Gore abilities seem to work only on normal human enemies : pay attention and you will see that no Moa gets cut in several parts. GORE 2.0 might be a thing to consider (please).

2) Her ultimate looks cool buuut a bit unoriginal. Also, not enough Gore in that as well.

3) Moas can crouch & follow you, but rescue targets currently can't (and they used to before). Can you address this please? (Crouching is ESSENTIAL for Stealth, and a 100% Stealth Rescue is a very fun challenge)

4) Will her skillset be useful for the squad? How so?

5) Is her 1st a single target ability? Same question for the impale one? (would be interesting if you could have several impale spots & you could rip several people in half at once, muhuahahahahaha)

6) About the Switch version : what's up with crossplay? Account migration,etc? Will PC players have to start all over?

Keep up the good work DE, and let's hope that the Switch release makes the game even more interesting to even more people!

Edited by unknow99

Mixed feelings on the vacuum thing. It really should just be an auto-loot option (like WoW) that you can turn on and off. Making the mod was nice, but it really should just be an innate effect. 

That being said, STILL no mention of Wukong who's in dire need of a rework. Why is he not even being looked at? Please don't wait until his prime to make the changes, just seems like a cash grab at that point. 

Still beyond tired of hearing about kdrive nonsense and venus tours extended. I want to be able to explore the world on my own, it's like watching a movie trailer.

If everyone is too busy with Fortuna for resources to be spared elsewhere, I'd be happy with no devstreams until then. Honestly these are just uninformative and could easily be typed out in a few sentences to describe what you want to tell us. Player questions barely get touched and the ones that do are no even close to what the majority is asking. 

Hopefully things get better after Fortuna.

• Like 2

il y a 1 minute, Zyneris a dit :

Mixed feelings on the vacuum thing. It really should just be an auto-loot option (like WoW) that you can turn on and off. Making the mod was nice, but it really should just be an innate effect. 

That being said, STILL no mention of Wukong who's in dire need of a rework. Why is he not even being looked at? Please don't wait until his prime to make the changes, just seems like a cash grab at that point. 

Still beyond tired of hearing about kdrive nonsense and venus tours extended. I want to be able to explore the world on my own, it's like watching a movie trailer.

If everyone is too busy with Fortuna for resources to be spared elsewhere, I'd be happy with no devstreams until then. Honestly these are just uninformative and could easily be typed out in a few sentences to describe what you want to tell us. Player questions barely get touched and the ones that do are no even close to what the majority is asking. 

Hopefully things get better after Fortuna.

The hype clearly went a lot on open worlds since PoE, making a bunch of content rot in the corner, true. Looks like they're finally going back to older tilesets (Jupiter 2.0 looks gorgeous) though! Let's hope there's other reworks for other tilesets/planets (Neptune,Pluto are the first that come to mind) + old bosses (Nef Anyo is in the works) in progress. 

Now Pet can pick up items is good. But Sentinel still got Sacrifice to save player and Regen to save itself if they die. Not to mention other more helpful mod for during a fight.

I doubt only an item pick up mod can do much change on that list.

Creature companion is fundamentally missing critical functions to be a functional companion.

Edited by Scarletwing
typo

Just now, unknow99 said:

The hype clearly went a lot on open worlds since PoE, making a bunch of content rot in the corner, true. Looks like they're finally going back to older tilesets (Jupiter 2.0 looks gorgeous) though! Let's hope there's other reworks for other tilesets/planets (Neptune,Pluto are the first that come to mind) + old bosses (Nef Anyo is in the works) in progress. 

My only concern with the Jupiter rework is are we going to get incentives to even go there? I mean, I'm all for reworking older tilesets, but it can't just be visual, otherwise there's no point to going back unless farming or sent there by sortie.

But yeah, I know the content got pushed aside, and again if they can't dedicate the resources to a properly address some of the bigger issues with older content, they should just stop the devstreams and focus on getting Fortuna out. I mean, how much quicker could they have released that if the idea of 'no streams' had been enforced already with a few updates via the forums/twitter. Idk, I'm not them so I can't say what works best for their team.

1 hour ago, Julian_Skies said:

Mining isn't color-based, actually! You have a target marker to hit that's shown.

It's a white rectangle I didn't even notice was there to begin with and i'm not colorblind, but visibility of the marker aside there IS a clear marker of where to hit and it's not based on color recognition.

Ugh... typical.

That's not even what I was referring to.

I couldn't see where she was supposed to shoot at the resource until she shot at it.

I can see the white rectangle on the wheel.

I can see the current version tracing border around resources.

What I can't see, is a cluster of colored pixels inside a larger cluster of similarly colored (to my vision) pixels.

I had to ask a friend to describe what she was actually targeting to arrive at that description.

You normal color-sighted players that can't SEE what the issues could even be for color-deficient players. lol 😛

Just further expanding on color deficient vision accessibility.

I've been reviewing the footage and I can only see the "blob" you're supposed to shoot at in less than half of the examples shown in the stream.

I understand this is all WIP, so please allow me to suggest an alternative to the blob,
(click image for an un-squished view)

unknown.png

I'm just calling it a "Targeting Thingy" for lack of better name.

But as you can see in the mockup, It's a tri-forked reticle that spins.

The fact that it is a high-contrast element that is moving in a predictable pattern helps color deficient visioned players see what it's actually trying to show.

Again, this is just a suggestion, and really anything that gives this kind of visual cuing would suffice.

It's just something I whipped up for example sake.

2 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Not happy about you giving in and adding vacuum to pets. Was buffing the abilities of other companions to be worth it really that difficult? I hope you will at least draw a hard line at warframe based vacuum. There's gotta be at least *some* cost involved, and a single mod slot just isn't enough.

This why we can't have nice things. Because of the fact that people like this "special case" exist.

I think garuda’s kit is amazing, but maybe consider instead of making her ultimate a damage dealer you could make it so that she can control the blade floating around her and use them to attack enemies when you press the melee button. It would make it so much more badass and would still fit her elegant, ballerina of death theme

My thoughts on the whole thing (much words):

1. Mining.

Spoiler

Aside from not being able to see neither the cursor nor the outline on bright surfaces under direct light current mining seems just fine to me. Instead of this you decided to turn it into another performance/host/lag dependant QTE just like those infuriating Grineer consoles... why? QTE are cancer, stop, don't be like Nike, just DON'T do it. If you really want to change things around check out Starbound's fossil uncovering system.

2. Nyx.

Spoiler

1st ability changes seem interesting, but I do hope that it'll scale well with the enemy damage otherwise it'll still just be something to (never) use on the system map.

2nd ability turning into Mag's 3rd? Okay, will it at least be an AoE like Mag's or will it retain the form of useless bolts? I'd much rather have the ability to disguse myself as the enemy with Ivara's prowl mechanics, being able to pass through cameras/sensors undetected with rolls/bullet jumps breaking the effect, but debuff is fine, it'll work nicely on higher levels (if it's AoE and not bolts, they suck)

Now to the 3rd and 4th.

As it is right now these 2 abilities are working against each other, you NEED to resolve this anti-synergy. If enemies are affected by 3rd, most of them won't shoot your bubble wasting your energy and if you use 4th without 3rd, most enemies will continue to do whatever they were doing anyways (hacking interception consoles, killing defence target, shooting your teammates, etc.). Not to mention that 3rd doesn't really stop them from doing it either.

Easy fix to this would be: making agro levels of the enemies affected by 3rd higher than whatever priority action the had before (hacking, attacking defence target, etc.) and to make it work with 4th, make it so all the enemies affected by 3rd would get a 100% agro towards your bubble once you activate your 4th.

3. Naruto.

Spoiler

It's hard to judge without playing the frame, but from my point of view there is a pretty bug problem with Garuda's kit as it is now. 

All her abilities are melee/short range ones, you can use 1st as a gap-closer, but the animation duration will leave enough time for any high level shotgun wielder to blast you away the moment you land next to him. Adding AoE knockdown to the 1st skill might help with that.  Her 2nd's range pretty much ties you to one place working against your already short range kit. I'd much rather have a variation of Nezha's 4th or Nidus'es 1st, replenishing more health with more enemies that got into the "blood forest".

Now to the dissapointing 4th... It's just my opinion, of course, but you just released Revenant with exactly the same 4th (Inaros also comes to mind with his sand storm), not to mention that we can't directly use those massive claws outside of the 1st skill and that's just sad. I have no interest in Valkyr's kit, but with Garuda it would be really fun for me to jump around chunking enemies into bloody mist. >_>

Just an idea, but what about making those claws into her permanent melee weapon? That would be the 1st frame like this if I remember right and we would get to tickle/tackle all the things as much as we want. Mods on the claws could also improve the performance of her skills like Khora's and Gara's 1st skills getting affected by melee mods.

Also, still waiting on that awesome looking Nyx deluxe skin from Tennocon. >_>