[DE]Helen

Fortuna: Live Now on PC!

You guys keep talking about complaining making the game better, but how are you going to make the game better by telling DE not to hype their own game? NOT hyping it will result in lower player counts. They've worked hard on this for a long time, and all anybody has to say is "stop hyping it, that's disgusting" and "I hope they reworked a bunch of unrelated stuff as well." PoE saw a lot of tweaks after it was released, and that was pretty successful. They're trying to make fortuna even more successful than PoE was, so of course they are hyping it.

Of course a paying customer has the right to give their opinion, but if your goal is to make the game better, you might want those opinions to actually be constructive. Saying "I hope there are high-level areas" or "please make the next version of eidolon fights work differently than on PoE" is constructive feedback. Saying "it's disgusting that you are hyping your own game" is not.

• Applause 7

Hope it gets out today, crappy internet is going to make it a nightmare to play during the weekend with the hotfixes and all

Edited by Laogaeth

14 hours ago, xcenic said:

100 may have tried warframe because it is simply free and requires low equipment performance, but on the other hand it is paid and from that same count it may be that only 10-15 have bought it, much less if we add the high requirement that it asks for. The comparison would be unfair.
Many attribute the bad handling to the cost of DLC. (but let's say in my case) buy desinty 2 and DLC: $ 80. But that same year I bought the package of mirage and zephyr for 150 every 1.
You do not see anyone complaining when you get the -75% purchase and spend $ 50 on plat to buy cosmetics. But they lose their heads when an AAA company asks for $ 12 for a DLC.

games like final fantasy 14 charges you monthly $ 15 plus $ 50 per expansion and nobody says anything. Last 3 years playing final fantasy 14, 7 years in the wow, 3 years in anarchy online. I come from a long career of paid games, that of complaining about the charge has never affected me and for one of the most striking reasons that complain about destiny. This is a free game but 70% of the time we spend doing the 23+ range is hydron or ESO. But it's free let's praise the system and down everything else.

Hi.

I have gamed continuously since the VIC-20, so the total amount of money I have put into games is staggering. But what a game costs and how much you like to spend time with it (or "in" it) is not that connected. That has more to do with business models and with the general and universal "pay upfront" vs. "try it first, pay later"-approach to business (which is in use everywhere, not just in gaming). However, I would argue that in gaming especially this difference have power. That is because ALL gamers have been "burned" by games that did not live up to the hype or to our expectations, if you "paid first" you have lost that money, if you can "try first" you have the possibility of making a more informed decision. That is why I (after hundreds of games) prefer the "try first, pay later"-model. Some game companies take this is even one step further, by allowing you to play without paying anything at all (play for free). This is something I sincerely and truly respect, since it gives me full control over if and how much money I spend AND it shows that the game developer believe both in their product and in a continuous support and development. So with around 35 years of gaming experience, I like and respect DE. But that is the developer, not the game, even if DE's business model and continuous support of course also reflect back into the game itself.

So, discussing the monetary part of games is different than discussing how much you actually like the game itself. Which was the focus of the original "sub-thread". And where the logical conclusion was that the real reasons there is more negative criticism about Destiny from Warframe players than there is about Warframe from Destiny players is that either Destiny players haven't tried Warframe that much, or they have tried and liked it (so they don't gripe about it). And that the negative criticism from Warframe players comes from the fact that they have also tried Destiny, but have a reason or feel the need to compare it unfavourably to Warframe. Since there are so many different kinds of gamers (also just in Warframe), this has very little significance for if anyone will like one game better than another. But what it really does, is that it logically shows that you cannot generalize and claim that Destiny is a "better" game than Warframe. I am not even trying to defend Warframe, just pointing out a logical conclusion...

There are things about Warframe that I don't like. While I actually like the riven function (allowing further changing & enhancing weapons), I truly hate the insane plat pseudo-market economy around rivens. To me part of the "current meta"-syndrome compares to the latest "haute couture" on the catwalks in France & Italy (which is, "yeah, well, wtfc") and the sheer insanity of paying huge sums of money for "designer clothes". I thing the "biggest" (or should that be "biglyest" nowadays 🙂) miss many players do in Warframe is thinking that the game is about "progression". It truly isn't, it is about enjoyment, and there is an enormous potential of enjoyment to be had from the interaction between warframes, weapons and mods, both for your own equipment combo and, especially, for a team of four Tennos. There is a lot of fun and effective potential there, coupled with an extensive and functioning damage/weapon system. Much, much more than just blindly striving for the "ultimate meta". Checking most weapons and all warframes out "in depth" also allows you a continuous partial reboot of your progress, and while it is a fact that this WILL cost you real money (in the form of potatoes, forma, all kinds of slots) it is also quite rewarding. Coupled with the devs continuously adding more functional content (and I am referring to gaming consistency, not bugs) and staying true to the "free play"-model Warframe is, IMO, one of the better games out there. And while there is an end-of-life for Warframe somewhere, it is not currently on the map, or even on the radar. The graphics are good enough and the (paying) player base is still growing, so Warframe might be going for on for quite a few years. Compare this to many other games, where you know from the start that you will get 1-3 "expansions". Very few games survive the state of "all possible content already mastered by owner" for long.

Whoops, this is what happens when you write a post during an extended coffee break...

Edited by Graavarg
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 3

12 hours ago, Azrael said:

You guys keep talking about complaining making the game better, but how are you going to make the game better by telling DE not to hype their own game? NOT hyping it will result in lower player counts. They've worked hard on this for a long time, and all anybody has to say is "stop hyping it, that's disgusting" and "I hope they reworked a bunch of unrelated stuff as well." PoE saw a lot of tweaks after it was released, and that was pretty successful. They're trying to make fortuna even more successful than PoE was, so of course they are hyping it.

Of course a paying customer has the right to give their opinion, but if your goal is to make the game better, you might want those opinions to actually be constructive. Saying "I hope there are high-level areas" or "please make the next version of eidolon fights work differently than on PoE" is constructive feedback. Saying "it's disgusting that you are hyping your own game" is not.

I never said that Digital Extreme should not tease and create hype. I know, probably more than you the influence that the hype and tease can create on old and new players. But ther's a limit. You can post evert single hour something new. Tease on tease, hype on hype. There is a limit. And i don't say

12 hours ago, Azrael said:

"it's disgusting that you are hyping your own game" is not.

Never. I say all this uncontrolled hype is bad. You can hype and tease as much as you want but you have to do that on some good ways and furthemore you can do that in some more efficent and smarter way. Like discord server. That was cool actually. But tweet every single things , every hour. not that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rajey04 said:

So today(Wednesday) or tomorrow?

If i had to guess, then it'd either be tomorrow or friday. As much as i'd love for it to come today, i highly doubt that'll be the case

3 minutes ago, KlampFer said:

Almost everyone say tomorrow.

My bet is on friday, cuz DE released most of the bigger updates on fridays. Actually im not hyped, im calm, so when its actually out i will be surprised 😄

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KlampFer said:

Never. I say all this uncontrolled hype is bad. You can hype and tease as much as you want but you have to do that on some good ways and furthemore you can do that in some more efficent and smarter way. Like discord server. That was cool actually. But tweet every single things , every hour. not that.

Psh, this isn't nearly the highest level of hype the community has reached compared to the past and that was before DE even put their hand into generating hype.

Edited by ShadowExodus

My guess is Thursday (possibly Wednesday) since this would allow DE the possibility of quick-fixing a few potentially "bad" bugs before the über-extensive play-testing that will be performed by millions of Tennos during the weekend. And we are ALL guessing at the moment...

There are also some rumours "out there" that DE is keeping the release date & time secret in order to frustrate parties that, for one (rumoured) reason or another might be inclined to launch a DDOS at release. This is rumoured to have happened occasionally...

Activating a botnet manually "live" is technically quite possible, but currently both easier to stop/mitigate and much riskier to do than setting a timed activation trigger in advance.

• Woah 1

40 minutes ago, Amanecer_Plateado said:

I'm hoping a good melee 3.0 comes out during or a little after this update. I'm curious as to what it will change.

no melee 3.0 is coming with fortuna they did mention that.....melle 3.0 will be released next year probably when railjack hits...they did mention this on one of their devstream so stop say melee 3.0 is coming..its NOT!!!!!

the only thing to consider is that a so called huge company like blizz activision gives destiny for free at the same time the fortuna release comes so they can hit DE and gain some players , it says a lot for the so called small company and how huge warframe really is and the drive it has and the momentum and everything. if a giant afraid of a small person it says a lot . end of story.   
warframe is free and never asks for money you can farm anything in the game and gain plat for free. if you dont know how to play its your issue not the game's problem.

Destiny is a wannabe warframe and always will follow cause you cant copy a success. success comes from originality not copying

• Applause 3

1 hour ago, Graavarg said:

Hi.

I have gamed continuously since the VIC-20, so the total amount of money I have put into games is staggering. But what a game costs and how much you like to spend time with it (or "in" it) is not that connected.....

Whoops, this is what happens when you write a post during an extended coffee break...

Cant quote whole post, but i can tell you this: Amen. 

Im agreed with you. 

the only thing to consider is that a so called huge company like blizz activision gives destiny for free at the same time the fortuna release comes so they can hit DE and gain some players , it says a lot for the so called small company and how huge warframe really is and the drive it has and the momentum and everything. if a giant afraid of a small person it says a lot . end of story.   
warframe is free and never asks for money you can farm anything in the game and gain plat for free. if you dont know how to play its your issue not the game's problem.

Destiny is a wannabe warframe and always will follow cause you cant copy a success. success comes from originality not copying

I recommend you, take advantage of this conjuncture to do one of two things:
1. Enjoy warframe that is free forever and take advantage of and before critical in a bad way Destiny you try, it's free will not cost you anything. Only have a PC that can run it at least in average quality. So benefit from what you may think is a campaign war between companies.

2. Play a single game and sit on the bank of the river, throwing stones at the one you think is your enemy, who wants you to be a friend, and never appreciate the two sides of the coin.

I am the kind of client to whom you will never see him faithful blind, I am always critical and demanding, no gambling company or console will see me being part of his battalion of war against other companies that do not even know that I exist and only need my money and my free promotion
You will never see me retweeting or anything like that in a post of a game or giving a share on Facebook, they do not pay me for promotion, On the other hand I pay them to bring me entertainment. I am your client and not an employee.

In my case I thank two things: Free and clean competition between two brands, since the beneficial one is the client that receives the best product every day. If you give it to a brand, you will not mind innovating or improving, in the end you will consume it as a slave zoombie you belong to it.

Edited by xcenic
  • Applause 1

24 minutes ago, -GrT-kostasp99 said:

Well, that is a big assumption. Unless you work for those people and are on a need-to-know upper-management level, you can't possibly know. This is a good example of how misinformation spreads...

Destiny 2 was released for free until Nov. 18 because of its first anniversary, at least that is the official reason. Coinciding with Fortuna's release? Yes. Doing it on purpose to attract new players? Absolutely. Doing it so they can "hit DE" or because a "giant" being "afraid" of Warframe? I seriously doubt that one. (For the record, I have never played any Destiny game, nor interested to.)

• Like 1

It is now day three of this week and Fortuna is nowhere in sight. The days of boredom have become longer and longer. I'm not sure how long I can hold out for this fabled update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

Well, that is a big assumption. Unless you work for those people and are on a need-to-know upper-management level, you can't possibly know. This is a good example of how misinformation spreads...

Destiny 2 was released for free until Nov. 18 because of its first anniversary, at least that is the official reason. Coinciding with Fortuna's release? Yes. Doing it on purpose to attract new players? Absolutely. Doing it so they can "hit DE" or because a "giant" being "afraid" of Warframe? I seriously doubt that one. (For the record, I have never played any Destiny game, nor interested to.)

Within hours of Destiny announcing its promotion, Digital Extreme packed the web with news and Hype of fortune. In Point of view all this is so beneficial for destiny and because many people including me entered and consumed their product and for Digital extreme that captive with its launch Hype without date.
Without the announcement of Fortuna soon there might not be a free destiny , and without the announcement of a free Destiny there would not be an interest in digital extreme in accelerating fortune, then it is a winning for the clients that are us.
Now I wonder ... which of the two companies was more hasty?
Bungie who gave his product in physical with an established date with no fictitious margin or Digital extreme that resumed something that was wise but with another color? Announce the launch of something without a date is not tangible, we are going to mid-week and do not know anything in particular, I say that Bungie put extreme digital On turbo.

Edited by xcenic

20 minutes ago, Kitsune_Legend said:

It is now day three of this week and Fortuna is nowhere in sight. The days of boredom have become longer and longer. I'm not sure how long I can hold out for this fabled update.

Do you realize it's just 9AM where DE are?

Edited by Pr1A
  • Applause 1

27 minutes ago, Zenko001 said:

no melee 3.0 is coming with fortuna they did mention that.....melle 3.0 will be released next year probably when railjack hits...they did mention this on one of their devstream so stop say melee 3.0 is coming..its NOT!!!!!

Not sure if you are arguing that it is indeed coming out on time with fortuna and that I shouldn't insinuate that it may not or you are saying that others like myself are saying that DE mentioned that 3.0 may come out with fortuna and you are arguing that it isn't.

11 minutes ago, Sergent-Qc said:

Yes .... This week, if everything goes to plan !!

:tongue:

This week ? Thanks ! Thats very specific. 

• Like 1