[DE]Helen

Fortuna: Live Now on PC!

2 hours ago, KlampFer said:

But ther's a limit. You can post evert single hour something new. Tease on tease, hype on hype. There is a limit. And i don't say

The limit is when it starts to hurt the game. I see no evidence that is the case. And either way, it doesn't warrant using the word "disgusting" to describe it.

• Applause 1

I suppose it would be so much easier for every dev if they would just give out straight delays or say directly. "Not today."
I am aware that 60% of all players get extremely angry when a delay happens, but i am one of those players who rather hear it is delayed as no word at all.

To be fair tho i am more of a logical person. Tell me it isn't today, then i simply take my mind off of it and focus on something else. If you don't say anything but a mere estimate for this week i focus my whole week to it and look it up every few minutes.

Or like some people come up with the Thursby means Thursday theory. If that is indeed the truth, they should maybe somehow confirm it. If it isn't what they mean to say with it, they should deny it.

Edited by Derethevil
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Azrael said:

You guys keep talking about complaining making the game better, but how are you going to make the game better by telling DE not to hype their own game? NOT hyping it will result in lower player counts. They've worked hard on this for a long time, and all anybody has to say is "stop hyping it, that's disgusting" and "I hope they reworked a bunch of unrelated stuff as well." PoE saw a lot of tweaks after it was released, and that was pretty successful. They're trying to make fortuna even more successful than PoE was, so of course they are hyping it.

Of course a paying customer has the right to give their opinion, but if your goal is to make the game better, you might want those opinions to actually be constructive. Saying "I hope there are high-level areas" or "please make the next version of eidolon fights work differently than on PoE" is constructive feedback. Saying "it's disgusting that you are hyping your own game" is not.

While I agree with many of your points; I would like to point out most of the hype is directed at people already playing/aware of the game. So I think it is a moot point. If it were more directed at people who were not part of the current player base I could get on board with your statement.

The people who are excited for Fortuna have been for a while now, all of the features were went over in detail for months.

Just my 2c though.

As to your comment about the limit to hype being when it hurts the game.. Well that is tricky. If the product does not live up to the hype that can hurt the game for sure.

If people burn through content or see it as not well designed; they may quit and not buy a ticket to the next hype train.

And you see the negativity it is bringing out in some players.. That also hurts the game. Some people cruise a games forums to check out the community before playing.

Edited by Diveris

25 minutes ago, Diveris said:

While I agree with many of your points; I would like to point out most of the hype is directed at people already playing/aware of the game. So I think it is a moot point. If it were more directed at people who were not part of the current player base I could get on board with your statement.

The people who are excited for Fortuna have been for a while now, all of the features were went over in detail for months.

Just my 2c though.

As to your comment about the limit to hype being when it hurts the game.. Well that is tricky. If the product does not live up to the hype that can hurt the game for sure.

If people burn through content or see it as not well designed; they may quit and not buy a ticket to the next hype train.

I am not the one to dictate marketting guidelines but as a consumer I am always and I will be against speculation and promotions open to interpretation, as a project director that I am and I am currently working, what I am selling is a product with an established date, A goal to meet in a specific time.

Give the luxury of promotional something that even if you have a fixed date as established is low, leaves much to think and makes your product has a large list of expectations that in turn would be difficult to meet in time.

If the Saturday that was announced fortune in general for this week, in turn would have been: THIS THURSDAY, instead of this week is not known when but this week, in my humble opinion would have been more professional and much more respectful to their consumers .

THIS WEEK, makes people create a constant expectation, an unnecessary Hype, a constant sampling that in turn away from sight other things that may benefit the consumer more.

Instead of giving refresh to the forum to see if there is a news about the game, many would devote themselves to prepare for the specific date, eh even in my case I could even schedule my activities for a free day or I do not know which or which.
Tell me you will sell me something but tell me what day, so I come and efficiently I continue.

I leave this interesting article or analysis of why the HYPE is not good strategy in video games.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-games-keep-getting-ruined-by-hype/

Edited by xcenic
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, xcenic said:

I am not the one to dictate marketting guidelines but as a consumer I am always and I will be against speculation and promotions open to interpretation, as a project director that I am and I am currently working, what I am selling is a product with an established date, A goal to meet in a specific time.

Give the luxury of promotional something that even if you have a fixed date as established is low, leaves much to think and makes your product has a large list of expectations that in turn would be difficult to meet in time.

If the Saturday that was announced fortune in general for this week, in turn would have been: THIS THURSDAY, instead of this week is not known when but this week, in my humble opinion would have been more professional and much more respectful to their consumers .

Eloquent, concise and very spot on response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amanecer_Plateado said:

Not sure if you are arguing that it is indeed coming out on time with fortuna and that I shouldn't insinuate that it may not or you are saying that others like myself are saying that DE mentioned that 3.0 may come out with fortuna and you are arguing that it isn't.

they will not release melee 3.0 ..i can't find the devstream when they mention mellee 3.0 won;t be released  right when fortuna does....they did mention that ..its because they have lots to  work on it maybe around december or when railjack comes out

Some of you need to chill. It's coming this week, probably. Likely Thursday for you folk in America. Wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed if they find major bugs. Remember it's just a game and there are more things to do in life. Just do one of those in the meantime. Your life doesn't depend on whether it releases today, tomorrow or next week. Even if you knew the exact minute it will launch you'd still need to wait for it all the same, nothing would really change.

Edited by Scissorsmith
  • Upvote 2

For me it would be better if they didnt set the date, week, or month where the update’s going to drop, so we dont need to put pressure on them when it didnt happen.. i assume the community will go wild when DE cant keep their promise to release fortuna this week, so i prefer no update window set..

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Azrael said:

The limit is when it starts to hurt the game. I see no evidence that is the case. And either way, it doesn't warrant using the word "disgusting" to describe it.

They are building a lot of expetation. But like i also say on another answer on this topic or another , i don't remember, we will see. I won't change opinion about the stuff that i've said . 

I don't like all this, because if fortuna don't reach the expetations when it will be Online, all this hype will truly hurt the game. I hope i'm wrong , really. We will see.

• Like 1

>Be me

>I finally get a hold of Steve's phone number.

>I call him. Introduce myself as a fellow tenno. Tell him that I have a question. 

>He says, "anything man."

>I'm all hyped up. I ask "When are we getting Fotuna?"

> He says. "Soon my friend."

>He hangs up. I call him again. Straight to voice mail. Voice mail says "I can't answer the phone right now but I'll get back to you soon."

>"Heh, well played Steve" are the only words I can utter before I shoot myself. 

>The bullet didn't kill me, but I feel like the waiting will.

>I'm still waiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do you all think that this is a day when we finally getting Fortuna update?? 😏

20 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

tommorow... maybe

Even tho I trully hope it drops today, I'd rather wait few more days if that means the update comes less buggy and/or the servers can hold it. Always best to wait for the perfect toy than get it broken and unplayable.

• Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Laogaeth said:

Even tho I trully hope it drops today, I'd rather wait few more days if that means the update comes less buggy and/or the servers can hold it. Always best to wait for the perfect toy than get it broken and unplayable.

Yea but you know there is no way we are geting perfect day  if we wait for 2 or 20 more days,in the end is going to bee same result. But if we all playe then there is more chance for players that can show DE what next need to bee fix...

8 minutes ago, Zavenosk said:

DE TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽ つ

RUdPyQP.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Yea but you know there is no way we are geting perfect day  if we wait for 2 or 20 more days,in the end is going to bee same result. But if we all playe then there is more chance for players that can show DE what next need to bee fix...

Ofc it will never be perfect,but at the very least it will reduce how buggy it is,I'll take a buggy but playable and delayed update, than a rushed update poe launch level

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ecustom said:

So.. Anyone tell me that why this topic is still hot oven? 

because is the only thing we have closed to be a fortuna update. Oh and the youtuber insipid video that posted a 10 minute paid advertisement for a preview of fortune, more insipid than a sip of water on dirty hands.

• Like 1

hi for all, 

I hope you understand this, the human mind is so powerful and the sellers always play with it, the steps of the best seller are: create a need make the consumer imagine make the product unique and when the buyer is ready give him what he wants Just think if for DE we are really ready for what is coming. These post are your best market analysis, take into account comments, number of answers, ideas that we write to make changes to the final product. That's why there is a posting and a delay always. Do not doubt that seeing your ideas put into the game is because you posted them here and I took it. In my opinion it is a good strategy, but that does not make it real, it could only be part of my imagination as a salesman. 😄

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

I think it's very possible for today. It gives them 2 days to fix bugs while giving them a the weekend off still. 

However I wouldn't bet any plat on it releasing today either because nobody knows what's going on at DE. 

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

You will probably have more luck asking a magic 8 ball for the answer then guessing when DE may finally push out the update. 😛 

• Like 1