[DE]Helen

Fortuna: Live Now on PC!

Just now, Slamminslug said:

whenever I'm waiting for an update, I pick one arbitrary resource and grind it until launch. Now at 147k kuva, with no rivens in need of rolls

While I agree that is something to do and has some benefit to it later on. Some folks want to save the grind for new mats/faction.

Just now, DarkXenocide said:

Conrtrary to popular belief a week isn't from Monday to Sunday but  from Sunday to Saturday so Sunday is actually next week. Saturday at 23:59 is the deadline

who dare?   dun need rush it... some tenno had become impatient 

6 minutes ago, DarkXenocide said:

Conrtrary to popular belief a week isn't from Monday to Sunday but  from Sunday to Saturday so Sunday is actually next week. Saturday at 23:59 is the deadline

I am not 100% sure, but I believe that depends on which country you are in. ISO 8601 says the week is Monday-Sunday for a majority of the world.

Edited by Diveris

3 minutes ago, DarkXenocide said:

When someone says during this week, in this case de, they go by "popular knowledge". Even tho you are right, many people take sunday as the last day of the week, so it really doesn't change the shipping deadline. Atleast on DE's point of view

4 minutes ago, DarkXenocide said:

Sorry to break it to you, but that rule doesn't apply everywhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarkXenocide said:

That entirely depends on how your calendar is set up, and how one construes meaning from the word "weekend".

And even then, one must keep in mind that they operate almost entirely during weekdays--Monday through Friday. So their deadline is not 23:59 on Saturday. It's Friday, if they intend to keep it within the business week.

As others have stated/recalled, DE doesn't want to do it on Friday, either--so we're looking at either later today, or sometime tomorrow, on Thursday.

5 minutes ago, DarkXenocide said:

Actually, even better:
"According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week."

On 19/10/2018 at 16:15, [DE]Helen said:

Prepare-se, Tenno! Para visitar a cidade subterrânea de Fortuna e o Orb Vallis acima, você deve primeiro completar a Junção de Vênus na Terra.

Well, venus? Just the junction? i'm curious about lotus on fortuna now

6 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

Actually, even better:
"According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week."

You have omitted the rest of the information my friend.. on purpose or the information you found was lacking perhaps?

"but in the US, Canada, and Japan it's counted as the second day of the week"

While DE is Canadian it would work but yes I agree with you all that most likely they meant Sunday as the last day. Just hope they aren't so we get it sooner :p.

Just now, DarkXenocide said:

You have omitted the rest of the information my friend.. on purpose or the information you found was lacking perhaps?

"but in the US, Canada, and Japan it's counted as the second day of the week"

While DE is Canadian it would work but yes I agree with you all that most likely they meant Sunday as the last day. Just hope they aren't so we get it sooner :p.

Basically the same situation as the imperial system, they want to stay special and stubborn so they reject what is generally accepted.

Might not have been done on purpose as this information can be found incomplete on the net.

I do hope that this does not go all the way to the weekend for the release as I am off tomorrow and friday. I work on 10 days shift and have very little time to play otherwise.

6 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

Basically the same situation as the imperial system, they want to stay special and stubborn so they reject what is generally accepted.

Generally accepted in one country does not mean it is the same for all countries, and it makes no difference to Fortuna being released it will still done when its done and not before so you can call it the tenth day of the week if you want but we still wont get the patch any sooner,

2 minutes ago, Stormxdragon said:

Generally accepted in one country does not mean it is the same for all countries, and it makes no difference to Fortuna being released it will still done when its done and not before so you can call it the tenth day of the week if you want but we still wont get the patch any sooner,

Except that these things aren't accepted in one country, but rather by the greater majority of the world.

are you guys really going to disagree over something like this? just accept that de is probably following their home country's format and leave it at that. besides, if it'd be push into the weekend they'd  probably decide to push it into next week anyways, despite what they've stated.

If we are talking about the Metric system yes it is all but 3 countries. 

If we are talking about the week from sunday to saturday it's only 3 countries actually although it has the states and Canada. Nobody really work that way because of the weekend concept but that's the accepted rule, especially if you work at the government level. 

Just now, NightBlitz said:

are you guys really going to disagree over something like this? just accept that de is probably following their home country's format and leave it at that. besides, if it'd be push into the weekend they'd  probably decide to push it into next week anyways, despite what they've stated.

I wish they don't but considering their track record with release date it might happen. Although this time they went and hyped (way too much if you ask me) the update and release every day multiple time a day so it would look quite bad.

Hopefully they will be giving a more detailed time in advance... Or do they expect us to be watching Twitch 24/7 for the drops? Though... Assuming they wouldn't release on Fri-Sun, that would only leave Thursday, which is already under 24 hours away...

Edited by SotaVelho

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

So then they basically show us we can't trust them with any schedule what so ever, they already failed release dates before, this would mean they can't even pin down an entire week. If this happens I sure hope they're going to do something about the way they manage things because then it's really damn broken.

The problem isn't so much pushing release back as hyping a date and not being able to respect it .. they are quite bad at this

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, HallowedFlux said:

So then they basically show us we can't trust them with any schedule what so ever, they already failed release dates before, this would mean they can't even pin down an entire week. If this happens I sure hope they're going to do something about the way they manage things because then it's really damn broken.

look, game development is by no means an exact science. they intend for it to be out this week, but sometimes things happen and it doesn't work out. I want to play the update as much as everyone else you know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

look, game development is by no means an exact science. they intend for it to be out this week, but sometimes things happen and it doesn't work out. I want to play the update as much as everyone else you know

Even if it isn't exact, if they are unsure, you push the release ahead further and you announce a date. If you want your audience to trust you you gotta show them you're able to be trusted at some point. The fact everyone jokes about a next year release is cause next thing you know it might actually be that badly handled. You can call me entitled, but at some point you gotta stop teasing and give your audience something to hold onto.

Edited by HallowedFlux
  • Applause 1

44 minutes ago, Slamminslug said:

whenever I'm waiting for an update, I pick one arbitrary resource and grind it until launch. Now at 147k kuva, with no rivens in need of rolls

** for sacrifice it was cryotic, can afford several sibears still

Must try this myself, lol.

22 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

Except that these things aren't accepted in one country, but rather by the greater majority of the world.

So what? You missed my point that you can use whatever calendar you want but and ive said it multiple times Fortuna will be ready when its ready nothing that's been said in the past no amount of bitter forums posts will alter that

The guys who are having such a tantrum now because Fortuna hasn't landed yet will also be the first people to descend on the forums again complaining about bugs when it the patch is released

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stormxdragon said:

So what? You missed my point that you can use whatever calendar you want but and ive said it multiple times Fortuna will be ready when its ready nothing that's been said in the past no amount of bitter forums posts will alter that

The guys who are having such a tantrum now because Fortuna hasn't landed yet will also be the first people to descend on the forums again complaining about bugs when it the patch is released

It's gonna be bugged either way, so no, not exactly.