[DE]Helen

Fortuna: Live Now on PC!

Hey everyone. IT'S WEDNESDAY! (my dudes)

The middle of the dang week, keep y'alls panties out of a bunch.

The update will be here when it gets here. Do you not have anything else to do in life before the update drops?

Edited by Giveup12
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Giveup12 said:

Hey everyone. IT'S WEDNESDAY! The middle of the dang week, keep y'alls panties out of a bunch.

Indeed, it's wednesday, with still no information on when it comes out. It seems that Friday they don't wanna release since they'll have to work through the weekend, so all that's left is today or tomorrow, why is it so hard to nail down a date?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HallowedFlux said:

Indeed, it's wednesday, with still no information on when it comes out. It seems that Friday they don't wanna release since they'll have to work through the weekend, so all that's left is today or tomorrow, why is it so hard to nail down a date?

Because unforeseen stuff can pop up at any time when coding. Fortuna is bringing a lot of game engine (they use their own custom engine) changes to the game and a lot of content so i would rather them make it run as smoothly as possible anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

You never play with the hype. HYPE its uncontrollable, hype damage reputation and destroy Friendship..

• Like 2

Probably but it would be far worse if DE folded and listened to all the impatient people that want it now. If it doesn't make the the predicted first week then people ought have enough faith in DE by now that they know what they're doing and that there is a good reason for the delay

5 hours ago, Laogaeth said:

Even tho I trully hope it drops today, I'd rather wait few more days if that means the update comes less buggy and/or the servers can hold it. Always best to wait for the perfect toy than get it broken and unplayable.

its going to be buggy that much is given the  day a game comes out completely bug free is day I throw up my hands and say i quit as ive seen everything.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

They changed the soon to this week on Monday so that means if it isn't tomorrow it will be Friday not because they don't want to work threw weekend but because they promised us it to be.  

1 minute ago, Stormxdragon said:

Probably but it would be far worse if DE folded and listened to all the impatient people that want it now. If it doesn't make the the predicted first week then people ought have enough faith in DE by now that they know what they're doing and that there is a good reason for the delay

its going to be bug ridden no matter how long they delay it. they have been dangling this content above our dang noses for quite a while now saying it's close it's close yet it it still seems like the wait is taken forever. so forgive us for getting fed up with something thats being dangled above our noses for quiet a while now.

• Applause 2

9 minutes ago, Giveup12 said:

Because unforeseen stuff can pop up at any time when coding. Fortuna is bringing a lot of game engine (they use their own custom engine) changes to the game and a lot of content so i would rather them make it run as smoothly as possible anyways. 

Except that we all know it's not going to run smoothly, even if they delay it for another month, most bugs will be found once the playerbase has access to it, no amount of preparation is going to make this size of an update run smoothly on launch.

• Upvote 1

Anyone can confirm that we will get new Amps with this update?

I only heard rumors.

Cant blame em for squeezing all the hype and publicity they can out of it, they do make their living out of it after all. What i'm trying to say is people gettin annoyed thats its not here yet isnt going to speed anything up just go play something else and itll land eventually no point getting wound up about it.

Hey all;

I Know waiting a patience is hard. I too am chopping at the bit for the new flood of content. Two points though. First I think DE knows its own track record of breaking solid release dates, maybe, just maybe they don't want to possibly break a promise they are not sure they can keep. I think they are working hard to release this open world with as few game breakers as possible. As a second point they are working hard to put as much polish as they can before release, they take pride in their work and do not want to just shovel out an update that does not come anywhere near the hype that has boiling the last few days. As just an observation in regards to them going dark with updates the past few days, half of it is to intensify the hype, the other half is to temper that hype to a realistic expectation. Everyone knows, especially DE, that a Friday release is not optimal, but it will take as long as it takes. We all just need to breath, keep it cool, let the hype simmer. As my 6 year old says,"You get what You get and You don't throw a fit." Everyone, make yourself a great day!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Anyone can confirm that we will get new Amps with this update?

I only heard rumors.

It was confirmed by DE in the last devstream or the one before that, can't remember though which one of them was.

Just now, devildevil21 said:

It was confirmed by DE in the last devstream or the one before that, can't remember though which one of them was.

Neat. I hope that its an actually good one for hunts.

Sick of the Nade and the Explosive.

1 minute ago, JHarlequin said:

There is a difference between bug ridden and unplayable.  They can't release in an unplayable state.

Except that we clearly see it's not unplayable, if it didn't run, they wouldn't let some people have access to it, nor would they constantly tease us, it's getting more infuriating than exciting at this point.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

They changed the soon to this week on Monday so that means if it isn't tomorrow it will be Friday not because they don't want to work threw weekend but because they promised us it to be.  

It's like making a house you give a estimated date of completion but you know stuff happens and a 3 month project becomes a 4-5 month or more.

Because you are given a date the is a estimate not a guarantee. Hell have you painted a room not everything goes as planned so let it be it'll come wan it comes

3 minutes ago, Stormxdragon said:

Cant blame em for squeezing all the hype and publicity they can out of it, they do make their living out of it after all. What i'm trying to say is people gettin annoyed thats its not here yet isnt going to speed anything up just go play something else and itll land eventually no point getting wound up about it.

oh i don't mind hype. hype is alright. in moderation but when they constantly dangle the content above our eyes and say soon, soon, soon ,soon every time they show the dang content to the point the hype train has freaking ran out of fuel and died. and we are just waiting here wondering what the heck in fortuna that is causing the dang delay,

At some point I would at least like some transparency in what the hell is going on. More teases and "We can't wait to show you" Doesn't exactly mean anything anymore. Tell us what's up, In some way or another. I've been staying tuned for information but the potential release time is like 27-30 hours away, and we got nothing.

Maybe they cant be more specific because they don't know themselves, how many thousands of lines of code are they juggling now best they can do is estimate and hope the next time something unexpected pops up they an deal with it with easily. They are likely just as frustrated, fed up and tired at this point as any player can be and they're doubtless working hard so give the guys a break and show em a bit of faith and patience.

hace 2 minutos, --Aether-- dijo:

all this waiting is killing me, Alexa play [DE]spacito

Play better "Y Fortuna pa cuando?" 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stormxdragon said:

Maybe they cant be more specific because they don't know themselves, how many thousands of lines of code are they juggling now best they can do is estimate and hope the next time something unexpected pops up they an deal with it with easily. They are likely just as frustrated, fed up and tired at this point as any player can be and they're doubtless working hard so give the guys a break and show em a bit of faith and patience.

I'd think like this if this was the first time, but after PoE i'd expect they'd have learned from their mistakes with that, to apply them here. Yet, we're more clueless right now than we were back then.

• Like 1