Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest way to KO the Pumpkernaut

Fishyflakes

I just burn him in pumpkin bomb fire.

It goes like 2x faster solo since you don't have everyone running everywhere.

I found Limbo works best since he can still rift himself, then either equip a toxin proc resist arcane or avoid the Juggernaut's gas clouds though since they hit through the rift.

53 minutes ago, Ailyene said:

I found Limbo works best since he can still rift himself, then either equip a toxin proc resist arcane or avoid the Juggernaut's gas clouds though since they hit through the rift.

How so?  None of my abilities would work at all.

4 minutes ago, Ulfhednar9 said:

How so?  None of my abilities would work at all.

It’s not an ability. Just dash to rift walk. Limbo is still allowed to do it, the only problem is that Limbo is squishy. And the gas clouds bypass the rift.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

It’s not an ability. Just dash to rift walk. Limbo is still allowed to do it, the only problem is that Limbo is squishy. And the gas clouds bypass the rift.

Well any frame, regardless of who they are, will always have 100/100 and 50/50 Shields/Health in the normal and NM mode respectively. Anyone will die in two procs of the Toxin clouds from the Jack O' Naut.

10 minutes ago, Squeekly said:

Does volts passive work?  Only thing I can think of,  I beat it as Atlas,  just use fire. 

Don't think so. Seems to be completely immune to all forms of dmg other than the pumpkin bombs. I tried hydroid passive but it only hurts the mobs. I thought that it might only take fire dmg, but firewalker didn't do dmg either. Overall really lame mini event. Reactors are easy to come by, so it's really not worth the annoyance IMO.

42 minutes ago, Betsill said:

Don't think so. Seems to be completely immune to all forms of dmg other than the pumpkin bombs. I tried hydroid passive but it only hurts the mobs. I thought that it might only take fire dmg, but firewalker didn't do dmg either. Overall really lame mini event. Reactors are easy to come by, so it's really not worth the annoyance IMO.

Does Khora get Vaniri? 

1 hour ago, Squeekly said:

Does Khora get Vaniri? 

Yes. Venari is not an ability.

21 minutes ago, YoungZ17 said:

Video games are supposed to be fun, this isn't fun, this isn't even on the same planet as fun. 

I found it fun. It was pretty easy, but still fun. Yes, different people enjoy different things. Why do you dislike it so much? (if there is a reason)

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

gotta lead him through the fire and the flames, there's no way to cheese it when all weapons, powers and operator mode are locked out. best advice I can give is work on your parkour timing so that you don't get hit as often by the charge attack.

We got someone to post up Ring of Fire.....

Nobody gonna get this one? I would but then I listen to the song on repeat for an hour or two and it annoys the lady love a tad....

Best tip was given. Fight cancer with cancer. Bimbo is best pick to survive the most annoying things. 
Yet right now we were able to kill it in time but yet again.. guess what? Time doesn't stop till extraction is reached. So if someone decides to look if there was loot or if there are containers, you're done for. 

The question now is.. how to make him marinade in fire quicker so it isn't tickling him but really hurts him?
He literally stood in the entire ring for as long the ring is active, that didn't change jack s... 
So what now? The moment he crashes into one ring lead him right into the other so to say to stack the fire proc?

I can surely say 100% that this mission is pure cancer to me. Sometimes the AI decides to not go after you but instead jump around in circles. Sometimes the AI did ran right into the ring but for some reason the DoT did not activate on him. 
So whatever the answer to this whole problem is.. it is cancer. 

At least make the timer stop once the reskinned Juggernaut is down DE.

53 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Yes. Venari is not an ability.

I found it fun. It was pretty easy, but still fun. Yes, different people enjoy different things. Why do you dislike it so much? (if there is a reason)

So instead of telling those people what you did to make it in time you prancin around saying you had fun and mock them for their bad luck?
Either you are trolling, didn't even make it yourself, or you really did make it but are unwilling to share what your secret was to pull it off then.

Very resourceful. 

Edit:
So after a couple of tries i finally made it tho i have this feeling this was mostly due to a glitch or something. I do hope otherwise but here is what happened in the entire mission.
Me a Limbo. Another Limbo. A Rhino and a Volt i guess it was. Not the matter tho since he left shortly after he was downed at the very beginning and left the mission. Me and the other Limbo both took care of the cells and opened the door asap. 

Shortly after we reached the Juggernaut we both split up and lured the Juggernaut as usual to the ring of fires. What i did differen tho this time is simply blocking his way while in Rift if he charges. He smashes into you and with this you can trap him inside the ring. That was going for not even a minute and he suddenly died. This is why i say it looked like it was a bug. I constantly heard a Kubrow whining so i have no clue if there actually was a player Kubrow or a wild Kubrow. However we downed him right around 800 points and of course jumped asap to the extraction where we finished with 766 points. 

So in theory:
2-3 Limbos and one that is the bait, since the Juggernaut seems to ignore the Limbo in Riftmode. (At least he never attacked me in there.)
Be advised that you can't destroy the pumpkintowers for the fire. However the other two or the other one has to bait the Juggernaut into the towers where the other Limbos then try to block him in the ring till it disappears. Also they will have it a lot easier to revive the downed player.

I do hope this might help someone to finally pull this mission off.

Edited by Derethevil

Use Rhino or other high armored frame-avoid mobs and run to keys, use cyphers on pads, get keys, open door, parkour past the door to find juggy, use parkour to avoid juggy and his minions, use pumpkins repeatedly all around him keeping moving to avoid mobs build up, let fire kill, maybe attack once in a while if you feel like it, keep moving, keep hitting pumpkins while trying to time it near juggy for best application. exit mission. do once more. 

alternative- use any frame you wish, do all of the above in the same order. 

14 minutes ago, Derethevil said:

So instead of telling those people what you did to make it in time you prancin around saying you had fun and mock them for their bad luck?

If you bothered to read the post I had quoted: the person said they found it bad. They did not say hard. They had not yet explained why. Explain how I was making fun of their bad luck, when the only information giving was "I do not like it". So, I am not mocking them, I am asking them what the issue was. Which has since been explained. I did it solo with a Khora, first try. I did the not timed ones with Valkyr, first try. This is not a new event. The most difficult part of it is making pumpkin-jug go where you want. The mission is about knowing what you are doing. If you do not, its hard. Make the jug go near the pumpkin stacks, and break them. 

54 minutes ago, YoungZ17 said:

Dying multiple times just hacking consoles and picking the things up, before I've even gotten to the moron, and the fact they give you 50 health so you die to a fart, is not my idea of fun. 

With those issues I can understand finding it terrible and frustrating. Are you trying to do it solo or in a group? I find solo is much easier once you get to the boss. If you have multiple people it gets "distracted" with other players and goes the wrong way. If you have Limbo, you can hide in the rift to mostly avoid damage. Stand by the a pumpkin stack. Wait for the jug to charge into the stacks [your, or the jug can break the stack], wait in the rift for the fire to die out. *If it looks like it will fart, move. You can also use Khora - Venari does some damage, I found it more useful for just clearing the trash mobs though. Venari did not do a whole lot to the jug. I had Venari tether the boss, then die. The tether never disappeared, so that was fun.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If you bothered to read the post I had quoted: the person said they found it bad. They did not say hard. They had not yet explained why. Explain how I was making fun of their bad luck, when the only information giving was "I do not like it". So, I am not mocking them, I am asking them what the issue was. Which has since been explained. I did it solo with a Khora, first try. I did the not timed ones with Valkyr, first try. This is not a new event. The most difficult part of it is making pumpkin-jug go where you want. The mission is about knowing what you are doing. If you do not, its hard. Make the jug go near the pumpkin stacks, and break them. 

With those issues I can understand finding it terrible and frustrating. Are you trying to do it solo or in a group? I find solo is much easier once you get to the boss. If you have multiple people it gets "distracted" with other players and goes the wrong way. If you have Limbo, you can hide in the rift to mostly avoid damage. Stand by the a pumpkin stack. Wait for the jug to charge into the stacks [your, or the jug can break the stack], wait in the rift for the fire to die out. *If it looks like it will fart, move. You can also use Khora - Venari does some damage, I found it more useful for just clearing the trash mobs though. Venari did not do a whole lot to the jug. I had Venari tether the boss, then die. The tether never disappeared, so that was fun.

You see now you were indeed more of a help as simply giving someone a useful hint on how to beat it if someone doesn't like it. 
You may do not see it yourself but you indeed mock someone, if he is obviously in distress by only saying "Oh i liked it, what didn't you like about it?" if the answer is rather obvious. Especially if you did indeed read the threadtitle.
Do not tell me you don't see the problem yourself there. 

Edited by Derethevil