Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest way to KO the Pumpkernaut

Fishyflakes

I assume everyone is having an issue with a time attack portion.  Here is what I can recommend:

I agree with Limbo as the frame of choice for this.  Sure, he doesn't have much Shields, Health and Armor, but his void passive makes the actual fight much easier. Starting the mission, be good with parkour and know how to navigate through the tile sets being used.  You can waste a little bit of time here and be okay, but success and failure is largely determined before both batteries are placed to open the door.  Speaking of the batteries know where to find them and quickly head toward one of them as you enter that map tile.  If you are fast, you can hack the console and pick up the battery before the trail of ghost infested get to you.   Try not to get hung up things getting to the door as there is a lot of trees, vines and who knows what else in the dark that can block your way.  Other than parkouring, I don't think using Limbo's void mode is a good idea her unless you time getting to the consoles and door just right.  For the most part you can just stay ahead of the infested.

Once you get through the door, go void mode and quickly rouse pumpkinhead.  Try to stay close to the juggernaut and have it smash the explosive pumpkins for you.  I can't say for sure, but it seems less likely to shoot its gas attack if you are close, but if you are too close it will try its slam attack which wastes time.  You want to keep it charging at you.  With Limbo you don't worry about it or the ghost infested hurting you close up as long as you are in void mode.  Once charges you, it should destroy the pumpkins causing it to catch on fire.  Move to the next closest stack when it does.  The explosive pumpkin stacks regenerate, but not very quickly so try to plan out how you are going to use the stacks as best you can. 

When the juggernaut is low on health (try to have a good idea what the last ring of fire will be) know where the exit is and pre-postion yourself to the door.  Again, parkour well and know the path.  The last bit of advice I can give is you can still aim glide with only a melee weapon, it is the channeling button.  It is very useful for that long tunnel to the extraction pad.

7 hours ago, krc473 said:

It’s not an ability. Just dash to rift walk. Limbo is still allowed to do it, the only problem is that Limbo is squishy. And the gas clouds bypass the rift.

Gotta like how Limbo sacrificed his life for the formula to pass into the rift and Jack-o-naught did it with a random toxic spit.

I did it on first try with the Limbo strategy.  I honestly didn't know there was a timer must not have been paying attention.  Do you fail if it reaches 0?  Or is that why my score was only 2?  I see everyone else's score being in the 6 to 700s.  Either way got the Dread skin which is all I wanted, was just curious about my score of 2.

5 hours ago, YoungZ17 said:

Dying multiple times just hacking consoles

FYI, Ciphers still work.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

got the Dread skin which is all I wanted, was just curious about my score of 2.

Dread skin is for beating the second version,
after that, a third (timed) version unlocks which rewards a Potato.

2 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I did it on first try with the Limbo strategy.  I honestly didn't know there was a timer must not have been paying attention.  Do you fail if it reaches 0?  Or is that why my score was only 2?  I see everyone else's score being in the 6 to 700s.  Either way got the Dread skin which is all I wanted, was just curious about my score of 2.

It means you didn't get the bonus Orokin reactor. The timer ticks DOWN from 1000 so to get the bonus the timer can't drop below 666.

I solo using normal Limbo with no Reactor. Got about 734 personal score.

The trick is when the juggernaut in the ring of fire. You can knock it down. It will get a lot of damage from fire when it knockdown. To knock it down you have to time when it don't do any action ex. it trying to change target or just finish attack. Jump up and slam the floor. The juggernaut will knockdown for a short time. If it is on fire it will take a lot of damage, about 5-10% depend on if it is on the ring of fire or not.

I've use this tactic and reduce it's HP about 20% in the first 3 bombs. So try to knock it down if it on fire, or inside the ring of fire for faster killing.

Took Saryn, aura Corrosive Projection(does it work?), and a mobility exilus, I used Firewalker(to get to the boss way faster and kill mobs when I parkor away).

Arcanes seem to work and same to the new mod adaptation but maybe it's a visual bug. Best score 701, took two tries solo.

What me and my mates did was:

Trinity x4 (Faster revives). 
Adaptation if you have it.
Run all the Rejuvenation's with coaction Drift. (+15~ heal rate /s)

Had 1 person marking the boss as 1 person called out which way point to stack at.
Limbo also works but we found that Trinity was a better option due to the revive speed just in case someone runs low on revives we can get them.

I know everyone cant run this setup however if you have some friends run something similar to this as it made it trivial for our group (Best score 730).

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

2 hours ago, FireSegment said:

in the past it did, im still waiting for it to be patched before i play the time mission

Is a bit of a pain. My team made it to extraction bang on 667. Was ridiculous.

Doesn't help when the enemy has pathing/stupidity issues.

Having at least 2 players saves valuable time when hacking both consoles simultaneously to get the energy cells. A solo player can do it but you'll have less time available by the time you reach Jack.

But in the main fight, the most crucial thing are the players' ability to kite Jack around where you want it to be. Every time he is not on fire, is time being wasted. He is to be kept inside a ring of fire as much as possible and his dash attacks must not miss. If he's dashing far away from pumpkins, more time is wasted.  And as dangerous as this sounds you must stay close to him at all times (Limbo does this safely), this prevents him from doing the gas spore attack; a move with a long animation of him standing still while not on fire. 

I got 660 yesterday, I'm so pissed I don't even want to play it again ><

Well, maybe I'll try again today at some point :p

EDIT: I got stuck in the map for like 10 whole seconds on my way to the exit

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

50 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Having at least 2 players saves valuable time when hacking both consoles simultaneously to get the energy cells. A solo player can do it but you'll have less time available by the time you reach Jack.

That is werid. I guess either my Client bugged out or something, but I only hacked 1 power cell and the door is open. The one that I hacked is the one close to the door. When I insert the power cell the door open immediately without a second cell. The first time I did this I lose some time getting back and hack the further one. But when I carried the cell back the door was already opened. So I knew that in Solo it only needed 1 cell.

Either that or my Clients is bugged out on that quest. Because I did it like 3 time and I open the door with only 1 cell.

20 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Venari barely does any damage.

Operators are banned.

Bullet Jump mods are useless.

So what's the pro strat here?
And don't even say use the pumpkins, you know what I want 👀

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bcb563a78717a4567

Spoiler

1000   sec     Start
   16.6   minuts

666   seconds Objective
   11.1   minuts

1000 - seconds Diffrence
    666   seconds
-----------
    334   seconds E.T

334   seconds Time to spend
    5.5   minuts

Edited by -_Highlander_-
Added my formule maby its usefull idk

Managed to get 668 in a team of 4, had a squad mate with Rejuvenation aura for health regen (although all 4 should have if you want more survivability)

Although if you have 4 Limbo then maybe 4 Corrosive Projection for no Pumpkernaut armor?

BTW even if you manage to beat the Pumpkernaut before 666, the timer still runs down so head straight to extraction as soon as possible!!

I had a Volt, was thinking of using his Static Discharge passive to hit the thing when it shows the weakspot...not sure if helped.

Limbo's a good pick too.

Edited by huhhWhat

20 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Venari barely does any damage.

Operators are banned.

Bullet Jump mods are useless.

So what's the pro strat here?
And don't even say use the pumpkins, you know what I want 👀

Limbo's passive still works letting you be near invincible apart from the jugg's aoe spit attack, just dodge into void and stand near the pumpkins, the jugg will get set on fire, just stand in the fire and the jugg will stand in front of you and burn, rinse and repeat before the rings of fire dissipate, you can solo it this way to avoid getting pugs that stand there trying to melee it and stop it charging into the pumpkins.