Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis wraith available to all

(PSN)Herculxs

I think it is time to allow all clans to get the ignis wraith. Clans should not have an advantage over others. It is frustrating to recruit and to be passed over because we don't have the ignis wraith. What about new clans who were made post event? Are they condemned to be lesser forever?

Some people will join a clan with an ignis wraith because it gives them something to trade for plat.... Super uncool

At a minimum the event should be repeated to give people a change to fight for it again.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Wouldn't really solve a problem with it tho. Somebody could buy 100x blueprints from the dojo and sell them for plat.

Tough stuff I guess? I tried to give a fair way for other players to get it, but unfortunately Warframe isn't always fair. It was an event reward and everybody knew the requirements. If a clan didn't get it that's on them.

56 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Tough stuff I guess? I tried to give a fair way for other players to get it, but unfortunately Warframe isn't always fair. It was an event reward and everybody knew the requirements. If a clan didn't get it that's on them.

It's on them that they didn't even exist?.... 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

It's on them that they didn't even exist?.... 

Actually, it's on them even if they did exist, but their clan wasn't active bar one player that tried their hardest but couldn't get enough to get the Blueprint because he has a job and a family and other responsibilities outside of a video game.

I get it, it's frustrating that you can't have this thing available to you on demand yet.

But if it came back as a Baro item, good. And if a player had actually done the grind to get 100x Blueprints and then sell them to people that missed Baro too? Good on him, that's something that I, and you, wouldn't have the time or the patience to do.

I'm old-school in this game, I remember a time when being in a Clan, and being in an Alliance, actually made a difference. The clan I joined at the start, Ethereal Wind, was a mercenary clan with the most genius player in charge, one who got in contact with all of the other major clans, made alliances, deals, even threats. Because Clans could own the Dark Sectors, taxing players of resources or credits to fund their own constructions. And my old clan leader had figured it out to the point that he could literally play chess with the big clans and predict every attempt at claiming a Dark Sector. He was the kind of player that put in so much effort into the grind that he had enough Solar Rails to be able to literally lock down the entire star chart and prevent any clan from moving for a minimum of 18 hours (the time it took to win a Rail), and that genuinely threatened the bigger clans, because they wouldn't be getting their taxes.

I remember a three day stint where we were directly contacted and hired to kill a Rail for another clan, we only had 8 people including me that could put in the time, but by the end of that Rail, Ethereal Wind had put in 30% of the damage on it, just with those two teams of 4. We were good, really, really good at what we did.

And that made me proud. I was being led by an incredible player and it's from him I learned everything I knew about the game.

Then it all went away.

No more conflicts, no more rails, a complete cease-fire that removed all of that from the game.

And I've got to tell you that I'm not the only one that misses that. Because Clans have never had that kind of interaction with this game since. Railjack? Might do something about that, the same with that ever-in-progress Kingpin system. There may just be something that really sparks back the Clans and makes them really, really worth working with again.

At least something that interacts with the game based on whether or not you have a clan, have a dojo, and can gather three friends to actually go do something together.

The Ignis Wraith, on the other hand...

Until something happens, like Railjack, like the Kingpin system, then the Ignis Wraith is literally the Last Hurrah of the clans actually mattering in this game. Let them have it until DE decides that they can't.

Even if the bastards did leave me high-and-dry and get me to actually trade for it... 

Edited by Thaylien

DE already returned the armor and Syandana, so I'm all for all clans now getting a chance at the Ignis Wraith research. Besides, why should the cosmetics that don't have anything to do with progression be brought back while the thing that actually gives Mastery Rank remain exclusive?

Edited by Fukushu
My original "for free" in regards to the returning cosmetics was debatable

44 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

DE already returned the armor and Syandana, so I'm all for all clans now getting a chance at the Ignis Wraith research. Besides, why should the cosmetics that don't have anything to do with progression be brought back while the thing that actually gives Mastery Rank remain exclusive?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

Besides, why should the cosmetics that don't have anything to do with progression be brought back while the thing that actually gives Mastery Rank remain exclusive?

*cough* Founders items *cough*

NB: Just to be clear, I'm not saying they should be made available, just that there are examples of items that remain exclusive. That being said, lato vandal and braton vandal did eventually make a return (albeit, nearly 5 years later).

Ignis Wraith is available to all players as the blueprint is tradeable with an infinite supply. The clan XP locked with it is exclusive to the clans who placed on a threshold for leaderboards for The Pacifism Defect. Ignis Wraith is probably the cheapest event weapon that is tradeable at this time. If someone doesn't want to be in your clan specifically due to you missing Ignis Wraith research, then maybe they aren't someone you want around anyways as they don't care for your atmosphere, only your research.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

What about new clans who were made post event? Are they condemned to be lesser forever?

Same as clans not owning gold statues from older events.There is no difference.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Some people will join a clan with an ignis wraith because it gives them something to trade for plat.... Super uncool

One BP costs around 2-3 platinum(checked on market) which is very cheap.There is also a lot more people giving it away for free(me included), so number of customers is very low.It is a bad business plan if you ask me.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

At a minimum the event should be repeated to give people a change to fight for it again.

I agree, but...Repeat all of the older events from the time when my clan didn't exist too so we can get all of those golden statues we missed on, if reward from event we won is given to everyone.(Sarcasm ofc)

In the end best possible compromise I can think of is:

Put Ignis wraith in Invasion missions but make it require parts to build,not just BP.Leave the BP from clans labs as it is,with only change of making it untradable.

23 minutes ago, RistN said:

One BP costs around 2-3 platinum(checked on market) which is very cheap.There is also a lot more people giving it away for free(me included), so number of customers is very low.It is a bad business plan if you ask me.

On PS4 most people sell them for 10p. I'm an mr25 with everything so it doesn't effect me but it does effect new players who don't know better.

Also I don't care about trophies. My clan members can't go into a mission wielding a trophy, but they can kill with the ignis wraith

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Also I don't care about trophies. My clan members can't go into a mission wielding a trophy, but they can kill with the ignis wraith

It is a kind of trophy that is why it is so touchy subject.

I do relize that locking one weapon behind this is bad so I offered one solution which would overcome that:

49 minutes ago, RistN said:

Put Ignis wraith in Invasion missions but make it require parts to build,not just BP.Leave the BP from clans labs as it is,with only change of making it untradable.

2 hours ago, RistN said:

It is a kind of trophy that is why it is so touchy subject.

I do relize that locking one weapon behind this is bad so I offered one solution which would overcome that:

Your solution isn't a bad idea.  Those clans that.... acquired the BP can instantly build it (and continue to trade that version).  Or players can earn a different bp that requires parts (and the parts) through invasions and alerts.    A good medium between those that got it (however that was) and those that don't.   Ignis Wraith is a touchy subject otherwise.   

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It was a rework to Clans that worked hard to be within the top in the event. And it’s a great way for them to keep new members coming in to keep the clans going. Giving every clan the Ignis wraith is like giving non founders Excal Prime.

(coming from someone who’s clan doesn’t have Ignis wraith)

No one is going around and selling dozens of excal prime sets tho. People are selling tons of ignus wraiths and taking advantage of it

Edited by (PS4)Herculxs

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, but I expect them to look into what weapons to get and/or how to acquire them.

Okay so a noob looks up how to get it and sees it is in the dojo but only certain clans have it. Which clan do u think the noob will join? The clan with ignis wraith or the clan with all the research but ignis wraith.

After two years a single weapon shouldn't determine what clan a person joins