Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ffighter1105

Helios scanning problem

Question

I just got Helios ( NOT PRIME) and was ready to start filling the codex with data. Got the codex scanners from market and equiped them in the arsenal to the gear wheel (slot 1). Then i equiped the Helios and its wepon. After that the modding :DD I maxed the range for scanning to 50 meters and equiped the mod on the highest priority mod slot.

After i started a mission i went to Codex and checked what have i scanned so far. It was one Kubrow and few corpus units. None of those 2 were scanned to its max number showed in the Codex. Went on a mission and nothing, 0 scans from Helios. I was standing still, taking damage from enemies and even died few times in doing so hoping that Helios will make a scan but nothing. I made sure that enemies where in that 50 meters range and they were in the line of sight...nothing again. Tried other missions with Grineer, still Helios is not making scans. I have checked with other players in game and most of them use Prime Helios and they told me it works for them just fine. But for me the normal version does not work. 

I am using Volt ( not prime) warframe.

Can someone please test this normal version of Helios?

What could be the reason for not making the scans? Did i miss to do something in order for Helios to be able to make scans?

21 answers to this question

2 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

I went and bought 500 scanners when I built Helios. I thought they’d last me long enough to save up and get the mod from cephalon Simaris that’s lets you use one scan over and over. 

My 500 scanners went in like 3 missions

You can only bring 99 scanners into each mission so what are you talking about

57 minutes ago, kamyung said:

Dude I did a few 2 hour survival (the base mission level is 50+)

And I think about 80 waves neo fissure defense(got a lot of relic) 

None of my teammates used a pizza and as I said I never used one 

Dying to get back health is actually a strategy sometimes cause like when i get downed I used my secondary(modded very strong) and spray it and I have a 30 sec time to spray and I end up normally wiping out an army or the enemies nearby and I was not afraid of getting down cause I was already down and my team just revive me and I have full health and reviving with operator=a 100% chance to get revived

Oh and also I did the most DMG in most of the missions I do so if that is a bad player then your just a newbie who has no experience

Oh and also I solo sorties 1-3

I suppose 2 hours survival with level 50 starting enemies you will ends up with level 170 enemies ?

I am not sure how the most damage done yet needing to down + revive is a thing,  and you can get damaged enough to justify a revive

since when I use anything other than Trinity 
usually I am dealing 60 - 80 % of the team damage (Excal Umbra, Mag etc)

My damage received is typically in the 0 - 5% range when using DPS frames, meaning the enemies typically do not have the opportunity to even come close enough to attack 
the Warframe, let alone taking damage which is an insult to a damage dealer since offense is the best defense.

Sortie 1 - 3 the enemies are at most around level 100, not really that high level for a 5 - 6 forma weapon.
which would be what I consider "modded very strong"

Il y a 2 heures, Ffighter1105 a dit :

I just got Helios ( NOT PRIME) and was ready to start filling the codex with data. Got the codex scanners from market and equiped them in the arsenal to the gear wheel (slot 1). Then i equiped the Helios and its wepon. After that the modding :DD I maxed the range for scanning to 50 meters and equiped the mod on the highest priority mod slot.

After i started a mission i went to Codex and checked what have i scanned so far. It was one Kubrow and few corpus units. None of those 2 were scanned to its max number showed in the Codex. Went on a mission and nothing, 0 scans from Helios. I was standing still, taking damage from enemies and even died few times in doing so hoping that Helios will make a scan but nothing. I made sure that enemies where in that 50 meters range and they were in the line of sight...nothing again. Tried other missions with Grineer, still Helios is not making scans. I have checked with other players in game and most of them use Prime Helios and they told me it works for them just fine. But for me the normal version does not work. 

I am using Volt ( not prime) warframe.

Can someone please test this normal version of Helios?

What could be the reason for not making the scans? Did i miss to do something in order for Helios to be able to make scans?

Looks like you runned out of scanners.

I went and bought 500 scanners when I built Helios. I thought they’d last me long enough to save up and get the mod from cephalon Simaris that’s lets you use one scan over and over. 

My 500 scanners went in like 3 missions

Am ‎20‎.‎10‎.‎2018 um 18:41 schrieb kamyung:

you can check by buying maybe 150 scanners and when you go into a mission open your gear wheel and it says 99 not 150 so i am very certain it is impossible for you to use up 500 in 3 mission and as for pizzas i dont know cause i never used them (i have energy dash and mods to get back health or i just wait to die and get health after revive)

99 is max per Mission (gets filled up to max after every Mission automatically if you have more than 99). He even said it could have been 6 missions. The Point is that you can run out of 2000 in a very short time. Helios is a scanner Junkie, he will do anything for a scan.

You never used Pizzas in game? You either don´t do high level stuff (dying to get back health or energy is the most stupid thing I ever heard) or you are a bad player. Sorry to sound rude but S#&$ like that triggers me

11 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

I bought 500 scanners

i equiped them to my gear wheel. 

After what felt like 3 missions (could of have been 6, I don’t know, like an hours play time) I had 0 out of the 500 left  

besides, I’m not 100% sure you are right, if someone could confirm, that you can only bring 99?  I have over 300 energy pizzas and my gear wheel says 200, even if I use one it will still say 200. Bug or not I don’t know - that’s why I’m not sure about you being right...?

ill check when I get home - I just yesterday bought another 250 so I’ll try it out

you can check by buying maybe 150 scanners and when you go into a mission open your gear wheel and it says 99 not 150 so i am very certain it is impossible for you to use up 500 in 3 mission and as for pizzas i dont know cause i never used them (i have energy dash and mods to get back health or i just wait to die and get health after revive)

Im have the same problems with helios prime anda common helios. Dont scan anything, im have both scanners, the symaris and from the market with 2k of charge and the symaris with all addons. The helios its full and with out the weapons and mods. The only mods installed is the investigator full in the first place and nothing. I need do all again like olds day, with the scan manualy.

Sure its a IA porblem in the companions, and sometimes kubow dont fight or attak enemies

PD: Sorry my english, im out of practice

Dying to regain health sounds like doing chemo to avoid shaving ;]

Anyway, maybe the Helios is too busy trying to kill stuff? My Helios is always unarmed and does the scans as it's supposed to.

I strongly recommend using the Sol-Battery Widget for the Synthesis scanner, since otherwise you'll be running out of charges in no time. I use Helios Prime and it scans like hell. Just about anything gets scanned.

Check the setup again? Using Synthesis or Codex scanner? Try taking off any other mod that performs an active function? Take off the weapon?

The Helios scan everything, container, console... not only enemies, be sure you keep replenish synthesis scanner.
Because that thing burn scanners.

Or for my case I use Synthesis Scanner with Sol-Battery Widget (I recommend buy this with your first 50k standing)
since after which you can abuse the unlimited scanner charge by going with warframe that has invisibility (Loki, Ash, Ivara)
and scan for standing with stealth scan (4x points)

1 hour ago, (XB1)INZZANE 79 said:

99 is max per Mission (gets filled up to max after every Mission automatically if you have more than 99). He even said it could have been 6 missions. The Point is that you can run out of 2000 in a very short time. Helios is a scanner Junkie, he will do anything for a scan.

You never used Pizzas in game? You either don´t do high level stuff (dying to get back health or energy is the most stupid thing I ever heard) or you are a bad player. Sorry to sound rude but S#&$ like that triggers me

Dying to get back health is actually a strategy sometimes cause like when i get downed I used my secondary(modded very strong) and spray it and I have a 30 sec time to spray and I end up normally wiping out an army or the enemies nearby and I was not afraid of getting down cause I was already down and my team just revive me and I have full health and reviving with operator=a 100% chance to get revived

Oh and also I did the most DMG in most of the missions I do so if that is a bad player then your just a newbie who has no experience

1 hour ago, kamyung said:

You can only bring 99 scanners into each mission so what are you talking about

I bought 500 scanners

i equiped them to my gear wheel. 

After what felt like 3 missions (could of have been 6, I don’t know, like an hours play time) I had 0 out of the 500 left  

besides, I’m not 100% sure you are right, if someone could confirm, that you can only bring 99?  I have over 300 energy pizzas and my gear wheel says 200, even if I use one it will still say 200. Bug or not I don’t know - that’s why I’m not sure about you being right...?

ill check when I get home - I just yesterday bought another 250 so I’ll try it out

Make shure to check how much Codex Scanners you have after each mission. You probably ran out of scanners. If you don't want to buy then afer every single mission,try the Syntensis Scanner with the unlimited scan widget( forgot it's name,go to Simaris to check the name). Of course you will need to spend the money at first,but after u get enough tanding to get the widget,you don't need to spend anything after.

I hope that I helped you a little bit

I did not run out of scanners. Equiped 100 of them before going to mission and during the mission i was checking the number of scaners on thw gear wheel and its not decreasing...always 100 scaners so he is not performing scans. I looked on yt how the scans work. He locks on target, then target turns orange. A beep sound is played, scan is done and target blinks white and some afinity is gained. But Helios aint doing it.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the case but sentinels do abort their jobs sometimes. Carrier stops smashing open containers, Taxon never gives me those extra shield and Shade suddenly takes away its kind invisible thingy from me and get me exposed to those wardens standing right in front... yeah...

vor 45 Minuten schrieb kamyung:

I was speaking about high Level stuff. 50+ is not high Level ;)

I don´t understand what you are saying with the part about dying is a strategy for you sorry. Dying on purpose will never be a strategy for me!

FYI, just because you did the most damage doesn´t mean you were the badass in that Team. A Saryn will always get the most damage and kills by just standing around. That does not make you a good player.

Anyways, keep on dying to get energy and health back, we others use our Pizzas

12 hours ago, (XB1)INZZANE 79 said:

I was speaking about high Level stuff. 50+ is not high Level 😉

I don´t understand what you are saying with the part about dying is a strategy for you sorry. Dying on purpose will never be a strategy for me!

FYI, just because you did the most damage doesn´t mean you were the badass in that Team. A Saryn will always get the most damage and kills by just standing around. That does not make you a good player.

Anyways, keep on dying to get energy and health back, we others use our Pizzas

Fine I never did arbitrations yet but I did do a lot of hour long survival

And I used Nidus for the hour long survival 

5 minutes ago, SolusCaeles said:

I'm not entirely sure if this is the case but sentinels do abort their jobs sometimes. Carrier stops smashing open containers, Taxon never gives me those extra shield and Shade suddenly takes away its kind invisible thingy from me and get me exposed to those wardens standing right in front... yeah...

I had that problem with Taxon. In my case he was just busy attacking the enemy rather than giving me shields,but i never had tha problem with the Helios soo maybe I'm just guessing,but sometimes they just want to attack

Just now, LazerMaxim said:

I had that problem with Taxon. In my cas e he was just busy attacking the enemy rather than giving me shields,but i never had tha problem with the Helios soo maybe I'm juat guessing,but sometimes they just want to attack

Sometimes my sentinels and pets just stop doing anything includes attacking as well, might be an AI issue.