Now that we'll be getting Fetch, perhaps staff can take another look at AI for Companions?

KrazyKavatLady

I love using my Kavats, even without vacuum, but I've always had to two issues with them that are not noticeable with Sentinels.

1: Companions are rather slow at attacking new targets. I've even noticed this with Venari, Khora's 3rd skill.

There seems to be a delay on attacking new targets once their original prey is dead. I've messed with the mods I have on both Kavats and Venari in an attempt to remedy this myself, but have seen no change. Once an enemy the Companion was attacking is dead, it should immediately switch to a new target that's within a reasonable range (and not one 50+ meters away).

2: The AI can be wonky at times and often the companion will run across the map, to either attack a mob that's in the opposite direction of where I want to go, or to get stuck.

I'd love it if companions stuck closer to us. I'm not saying they need to get all up in our personal bubbles like Sentinels, but I don't like having to chase after Felix the Kavat because he wanted to smack a random Grineer in the face on the other side of the map and then get stuck on some random object. 

I'm gonna say this (and prolly get flamed for it), but if fetch isn't a raw increase to our personal vacuum radius, and instead works like the current aberration that is the kubrow loot gathering mod, then it's not going to fix anything and we'll see kubrows and kavats at the exact same spots as they are now.

IMO DE should just buff our innate vacuum radius and completely scrap the vacuum mod idea altogether.

1 hour ago, OriZulo said:

I'd love it if companions stuck closer to us. I'm not saying they need to get all up in our personal bubbles like Sentinels, but I don't like having to chase after Felix the Kavat because he wanted to smack a random Grineer in the face on the other side of the map and then get stuck on some random object. 

That's.... actually modeling a real cat. =P

You are really the kavat's pet, and you will tolerate your master deciding that you are not worth it's attention at that moment in time.

The title is just wrong.It might as well say :"Now that we will be getting Day of the dead armor for Kavats ,could you take another "look" at AI?".Just doesn't make sense.AI is the most complicated thing and they can't just "take a look".They,as whole community,know AI is bad and DE is "looking in to it" for a long time now but its just not so simple,it requires some heavy programming.