Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #118 Overview!

[DE]Taylor

Hope we get more questions answered next time & unfortunate they never showed off the new crossbows alt-fire. Was really hoping to see what the new crossbow will bring since we haven't had a new one for so long and the current two are very similar.

10 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

Hope we get more questions answered next time & unfortunate they never showed off the new crossbows alt-fire. Was really hoping to see what the new crossbow will bring since we haven't had a new one for so long and the current two are very similar.

It would be cool if the Q&A thread went up on the week before Devstream, and the post on Wednesday was a poll for questions to ask. It seems more reasonable than picking and choosing what DE is comfortable answering. Community Hot Topics would also be great for this.

Going to ignore the questions (much like DE :clem:) issue for a moment here, and focus on something else...

In the overview link, why is it that you guys STILL refuse to disable autoplay?

That is so ridiculously simple to do and would save an immense amount of headache when going to those pages.

If you need help on that, @[DE]Taylor, then follow this link: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/video-and-clips/

It can be added into the link for the embed itself.

hya,

nice devstream, great stuff to look forward too! Thank you at always for keeping us informed and for putting so much work&effort into this great game.
I like the 1st 3 abilities so far a lot...4 looks compared to them a little bit "just use me when you wanna kill and you don't care about the other 3 abilities", but let's see how it goes and feels when it's done 🙂

Uhh, maybe fix some of the Titania bugs while you're at it?  Devs love forcing Operator and normal weapons but left in some really serious bugs that plague Razorwing's transition.

Losing Operator mode and ability to jump
Losing all weapons on foot
Losing all abilities

Uh also, nice that Pets get buffed.  Titania doesn't use pets though... Thorns and Full Moon could use a substantial change; they're not worth the energy.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Going to ignore the questions (much like DE :clem:) issue for a moment here, and focus on something else...

In the overview link, why is it that you guys STILL refuse to disable autoplay?

That is so ridiculously simple to do and would save an immense amount of headache when going to those pages.

If you need help on that, @[DE]Taylor, then follow this link: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/video-and-clips/

It can be added into the link for the embed itself.

Yeah, makes it really hard to read anything there without the tab freezing up

I dont like her 4, it's almost the same as revenants 4. Dont like that.

Here is a idea: The ability has 2 stages

First stage: Vakuum in all enemys in XY-Range towards Garuda.

Second stage: Swings her Claws around her slashes all the pulled in enemys for XY-Damage. Restores XY-Amount of health for each enemy hit.

Since a few frames started previously, I can see DE is feeling pressure churning out frame with synergized abilities thus the frames nowadays seems to have copy-n-paste (but with different visual) abiltiies. Her 4 maybe just a cast-on-spot with all knives slicing up enemies in a huge radius, for example. Rather than another Revenant-looking 4 but with shorter range.

13 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

5c84a40d479dd9f01aa58db71927f73a.jpg

We’re back with potentially the last Devstream before Fortuna’s launch, and we came with a lot to share! As always, you can watch the full stream to learn all the details, or you can read our top-level recap of what was discussed/revealed in our overview: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-118-overview

Have a great weekend, Tenno!

Can you or someone else give a more detailed status on melee 3.0? It's a critical portion of the core gameplay and it's my most anticipated release this year. New content is good but if new or returning players come in using a flawed combat system it will reflect poorly. This really should be implemented before fortuna.

Just imagine how jarring it'd be to start because you saw fortuna and have core gameplay systems change within a month or so. 

We know status is staying . Channeling is out the window . The combat aystem will be mostly the same but with more focus on fluidity and changing between your different weapons . You can still focus on shooting and then switch to melee in the blink of an eye without getting interupted . Combos will still be there too . The main issue is how the channeled mods will be affected by this

Love the sound of the nyx changes. Fortuna looking fun! 

I am really concerned about Garuda's 4th. It does not look fun to play at all. I was hoping for some sort of team buff ult. I'm kind of tired of spinning tops being ultimate (the revenant and inaros being 2 frames I avoid). Taking away the awesome movement in warframe and taking away the skill needed to shoot and aim is not a good way of making a frame feel powerful. Some sort of team based bleed buff to weapon dmg would have been much cooler for garuda. Other than that garuda looks awesome. Would like her sheild to be a bit faster at snapping to where you look. 

Archived