Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #118 Overview!

[DE]Taylor

I love the Nyx changes so far, especially with the new passive. One thing, however, that I am worried about is her psychic bolts. Her psychic bolts ability is her most underused ability and even after already several buffs to the ability, it is still an ability that is used very little. Even with these changes to it, unless if you guys change the way it tracks enemies so it hits them more often, then it will still be a useless ability. Please make it to where it's tracking works like Oberon's Smite ability where it will actually hit enemies instead of it going around randomly and sometimes hitting one or two enemies; otherwise, please get rid of the ability and put in an actual debuff ability.

So Garuda is essentially a Vampire Frame...

k gonna be playing parts of the Legacy of Kain soundtrack in the background when I play Garuda.

Also DE can you please stop with the page full of auto play videos, my ears getting hit by 5+ sets of audio all at once is annoying.

23 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Kinda hoped Garuda would be more of sanguinemancy or something like hydroid but oh well.

I was honestly hoping for an exalted weapon. I love the idea of maybe slow and magestic sword or scythe with massive bleed procs.

I kinda like her right now but I have some qualms: @[DE]Rebecca plz

Her 1 is mostly fine but it seems very clunky. They should make it more like Excalibur so it's quicker and more fluid. And her shield she gets feels very floaty, unresponsive and kinda visually annoying. They should make it a mini dome that floats around her with the Orb floating at the top of the dome

Her 2 is fine as is and I love the particle effects. 

Her 3 is fine as is, but I feel like it needs something else. Like a better tie into all her abilities. It feels like it's sole purpose is to debuff in order to get a buff, and whilst I love that idea, it feels a little empty on her. 

Her 4 seems like a lazy copy sortof of the revanent 4th. It's another aeo, slow moving boring 4th ability. Revenant and to some degree, mesa are boring because of their 4th. Garuda I think would be the PERFECT frame for an exalted whip or scythe and DE keep skipping amazing opertunities and making boring abilities... 

18 hours ago, S.T.A.O.R said:

Is it possible to shrink the hard drive a bit. Warframe is getting quite big now.

Open the launcher and go to the little settings button in the launcher. Click optimize and then also verify. 

It can clear up a whole heap of wasted and old stuff. I cleaned up 5 or 6gb once

Just some thought on Garuda's power

Passive: Good as it is almost like Vex armour, by default, but it should be stackable with reduce number, so she can use her 3 to build this up, instead of player needing to choose between HP and DMG multiplier

Soul Bulwark: Simplify it by removing the "bone shield" because it visually blocks our view as the player, but instead do similar visual as her 3, by covering her in blood gore and splatters (or some sort of bleeding effects?) with a 5 sec window. As she get hit within this 5 secs, it charge the orbs that she can then throw at mobs to do AOE dmg, and gives her some sort of "bone/blood armor" (kind of like overshield). For the mob get hit by her 1, if not kill instantly, it will suffer the same amount of time window of DOT to charge the orbs

Another mechanism you can introduce here is the one similar to Atlas's 1: Make it recastable continuously and as you continue to cast her 1, you are charging up the orb with dmg to X amount (either % or number of stacks), and long press to then grab the orb, aim, and release to throw the orb to do AOE dmg.....

Visually the animation of her 1 look a little slow and clunky.... perhaps need a little speeding up? Imagine the fluidity of Excal's 1...

Sanguine Siphon: Duration base is good but perhaps allow up to 3-5 to be cast at the same time, as it works for allies too (i notice in the devstream it heals the Moa pet, but want to confirm if it works for allies, not just you and your pet) Could be a good CC/utilities for choke point, heal spots. Perhaps make it align with range mod too.

Life Sunder: This have good synergy with her passive, and giving her energy while doing so is great. But instead of being constantly needing to balance between health and dmg output (either becoming a glass cannon, or a tank that cant hurt an ant), it becomes a stackable skill.... say every cast takes away X% of her health, and it gives Y% more dmg, and she can stack it up to Z amount of time. That way it also create synergy with other mechanics in game (healing sentinals, arcane etc)

Engulfing Blades: Keeping her "suspended" in her elevated state, while movable in a slightly reduce speed is not a very desirable method to play the game, or as her (copy of Nyx?). If her theme is gore, perhaps modify the "bone blender" to something a little more mobile as well as able to spread bloodshed further.

So the 1st idea is as she cast her 4, you have a X meter of range as the "bone blender vortex" created around her (as it is now as shown on Devstream), but in this form, her 1 becomes a projectile bone spear she can throw out (Hela from Thor), and as the mob hit by this spear, it createa a smaller, and lesser duration base "bone blender vortex" at the spot. So not only she is a walking blender, she can distribute her destructiveness all round and provide some CC. Each time she throw abone claw/sprear out, it reduce Y amount of her own health, while the bone blender absorb Z amount of hp from the mobs she kill/damage. 

So it create a vicious cycle of killing, absorbing hp, and dishing out hp to create more dmg, that then replenish her health again....

And for the visual effects of her 4, instead of the bone spears just rotate in high speed, perhaps it will create a better visual by having those bone claw/spear orbiting her, and using that visual to reflect the range of the "blender" (think blade and soul)

The 2nd idea for her 4 is to completely forget about what you have now, and make it a location base channel AOE. As you cast her 4, she bring out her giant claws, and start slicing it/jamming it into the ground. As you hold and channel, it increases the range and dmg output from the origin point, with visuals of bone spike/claws coming out from the ground, moving outwards. Each bone spike/claw suspend the mob for x amount of time with slash DOT. The issue is this is perhaps too close to Banshee 4 with different effects...

The 3rd idea for her 4 is somewhat of an exalted bone claw: Bring forth her bone claws, as you aim and hit your melee button, it throw out bone claw/spikes to mob in a fan spread angle. As the bone claw/spikes hit the mob, it further spread out to other mobs in X amount of distance.... so you are kind of creating a fireworks of bone claw/spikes and then keep scaling and spreading....

This will somewhat looks like Hela from Thor where as you swing her arm, it spread bone claw/spike to kill (thanks to other members for suggestions)

The 4th idea is she detatch her bone claws and fablic sleeves, attached them together, and start swinging them like a melee attack using a melee stance. An exalted twin bone-claw whips if you may, that do Slash DMG and DOT. Damage done under this skill will fuel her's and allies' "bone/blood armor" (like overshield) but reduce a small % of her hp, but could create synergy if she use it with her 2 to gain back health.

In general i like the theme, but perhaps as some suggest, make more use of her signature bone claws in her power and animations, so the whole theme tide in better....

And the idea of she do self DMG to boost DMG/armour to self and allies fit the "gore but elegant" theme of her......

Hope this helps......

I'm really happy about what I saw in this Devstream, some long requested QoL changes addressed, and lots of good stuff. 

I'd also like to share a few thoughts about Garuda

Passive: in order to actually be interesting it should scale with power strength and have a timer so whenever she heals it stays up for a few seconds.

First ability: looks great! I'd tweak it a bit so the shield points always in the direction towards you're looking, as it is now it behaves like the odonata shield which is not very reliable and knowing most of the time she'll have very little health, a stray sneeze would down her. Also the animation probably needs to have an invulnerable time like excal, rhino and atlas. 

Second ability: looks great, I'd like to know how power strength, range and duration will affect it.

Third ability: I love the concept of hurting yourself to gain damage and power, it's very savage.

Fourth ability: when she was announced I dove a little bit into her mythology so I know her 4 comes from an episode in the story. However it seems a bit separated from the rest of her kit. Being movement restricted when you have no health, even with a shield, doesn't sound very appealing. I think the blade blender tornado of doom should be a deployable. Get in the face of a group of enemies, press 4 to deploy the thing, peace out as fast as you can while you see your enemies being cut to pieces. To spice it up a bit it could snatch or suck enemies within a range to compensate the loss of movement. It's still high risk high reward like all of her kit. 

General feedback: I feel like her 1, 2, and 4 should have a high chance of procing slash for obvious reasons. Also, to be honest I'm kind of disappointed in the fact she doesn't fly at all. The Garuda of mythology is first and foremost an anthropomorphic bird so maybe some mobility would be nice... 

Thanks for reading! 

Archived