Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the space ships design

LestryusYggdrus

(im brasilian so sorry for my english) Hi, i dont know if you guys ever thought about it but, i dont rly think that the orbital interior match with reality like... where is the compartment that leads us to the orbital extractor? like...where the warframes come out from the orbital  there isnt a pathway in the interior showing where your warframe get in to get out of the orbital, and another thing, in the front of orbital interior there is that huge glass to we can see the cosmos but in the orbital exterior, even in the first one we get, there isnt any glass showing "the captain cabine".

And another thing, where the hell does the more of 20 warframe is on the orbital? lik, for me there should be a room where all your warframes is in a pedestal or something like that and the umbra should be walking in the orbital in my opinion. Another thing is that the orbital should be rly bigger, like Railjack spaceship or even bigger. And when you change the orbital (like to the scimitar) should change the interiors too. Well...this is just what i think, what you guys think?

1 hour ago, Ryme said:

Are you confusing the Orbiter with the Landing Craft?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orbiter

9I22bxD.gif

UaBthEUErgKeDWyx4i-xnBfq1jvYsh5d3nd99KPG

Honestly, this content has probably been dummied out. The large Orbiter craft is never seen in any of the in-game cinematics, and you can clearly see the landing craft orbiting around your chosen planet on the solar map; shouldn't the so-called Orbiter be doing the orbiting? If you join a squad, you can see your teammates' landing craft hovering outside while on your bridge. Shouldn't it follow that your Tenno is also standing inside their very own landing craft, rather than an Orbiter? Therefore all of your facilities, quarters and warframes exist onboard your landing craft, and there is no in-game evidence of any kind that would imply the Orbiters' existence.

Edited by FlavorSavior

17 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

Honestly, this content has probably been dummied out. The large Orbiter craft is never seen in any of the in-game cinematics, and you can clearly see the landing craft orbiting around your chosen planet on the solar map; shouldn't the so-called Orbiter be doing the orbiting? If you join a squad, you can see your teammates' landing craft hovering outside while on your bridge. Shouldn't it follow that your Tenno is also standing inside their very own landing craft, rather than an Orbiter? Therefore all of your facilities, quarters and warframes exist onboard your landing craft, and there is no in-game evidence of any kind that would imply the Orbiters' existence.

Orbiters are seen in skyboxes on Relays. Take a look some time, they've been there. 

31 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Orbiters are seen in skyboxes on Relays. Take a look some time, they've been there. 

Are you referring to the very distant spacecraft visible above the statue in the main hall? Fair cop, I'll concede that I can't completely disprove that those might be Orbiters. This doesn't dissemble that it's extremely unlikely any playable Tenno has ever been inside one, however. All we ever see is the (disproportionately large) interior of the landing craft.

1 minute ago, FlavorSavior said:

All we ever see is the (disproportionately large) interior of the landing craft.

No, everything below the ramp is the Orbiter. Most of the time, the Orbiter is in the Void, seeing as if it were attacked and blown up, it would be game over.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

No, everything below the ramp is the Orbiter. Most of the time, the Orbiter is in the Void, seeing as if it were attacked and blown up, it would be game over.

That's reasonable enough, but then why are none of your teammates' Orbiters not visible when you group up? Also wouldn't that make the Orbiter interior very small when compared to the exterior concept art linked above? Why is the landing craft never actually shown docking with anything except relays and hostile space stations? Aside from their presence in early concept art and some ambiguous shapes in certain skyboxes, these hulking ships may as well not exist.

but then why are none of your teammates' Orbiters not visible when you group up

In the Void.

Also wouldn't that make the Orbiter interior very small when compared to the exterior concept art linked above?

The ship grows as DE adds more to it. What there is now is not the full extent of it. They have added on in the past, like with the two ramps down to Helminth, Operator and Personal rooms. When there's cause to add more they will rearrange and add more halls or an elevator or something.