Phantasma + Fatal Acceleration?

Redwyrm

Question

29 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I don't see why it would, Phantasma fires a beam, not a projectile that disperses after X seconds.

In fact its more like shotgun-flamethrower. If you try and use Phantasma while flying at high speed with archwing, you will notice that beam isn't instant, and actually have particles which do have speed.

• Like 1

Neith7, if Sinister Reach applies to Primary Fire and Fatal Acceleration applies to secondary fire... then wouldn't Galvanized Acceleration be absolutely perfect for the weapon since it affects BOTH Projectile Speed and Beam Length even higher than either of the mods at max? (Assuming that you get the 2x to kick in) for that max bonus for 90% versus the +12 for Sinister Reach and the 40 max for Fatal Acceleration?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)WriterAeroTendo said:

Neith7, if Sinister Reach applies to Primary Fire and Fatal Acceleration applies to secondary fire... then wouldn't Galvanized Acceleration be absolutely perfect for the weapon since it affects BOTH Projectile Speed and Beam Length even higher than either of the mods at max? (Assuming that you get the 2x to kick in) for that max bonus for 90% versus the +12 for Sinister Reach and the 40 max for Fatal Acceleration?

This

just use Galvanized Acceleration

it applies to Both the Beam and Launcher modes.

I guess DE started to realize that separate mods for beam length and projectile speed was getting complicated and decided to combine the effects for the Galvanized version.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

This

just use Galvanized Acceleration

it applies to Both the Beam and Launcher modes.

I guess DE started to realize that separate mods for beam length and projectile speed was getting complicated and decided to combine the effects for the Galvanized version.

But that makes it even more confusing anyway since now we have memorize this inconistency 😱

Il y a 4 heures, Lutesque a dit :

But you know how I feel about Galvanized Mods 😭....

Well stop b#tching about it and get and rank up those easy to obtain mods.

What even is the issue with this ? What is there to be confused about ? What will you have to say about galvanized now ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (XBOX)WriterAeroTendo said:

this Thread is about 3 Years old.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Well stop b#tching about it and get and rank up those easy to obtain mods.

What even is the issue with this ? What is there to be confused about ? What will you have to say about galvanized now ?

It's my Birthday... Il B#_$& if I want to 😝 !!!

4 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Ok, b#tch all you want then, but still, what do you have against galvanized mods ?

It's the Same issue I used to have with Melee Weapons back during Melee 2.5.... they don't encourage a varied play style.... You have to keep using the Weapon in order to keep the Benefits.... And I like to swap weapons back and forth...

To me Galvanized Mods do the exact opposite of what The Arsenal Divide was suppose to do...

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's the Same issue I used to have with Melee Weapons back during Melee 2.5.... they don't encourage a varied play style.... You have to keep using the Weapon in order to keep the Benefits.... And I like to swap weapons back and forth...

So do I.  The only ones I feel constrain me are the crit mods. The buffs on the rest of them are generous enough that I can switch between melee and ranged just fine.  In fact they remind me not to rely on melee too much, which is still pretty easy to do.

The galvanized crit mods lose a lot of that for me, due a combination of a shorter timer, a way more punishing buff expiration, and finicky conditions.

Happy birthday, by the way. 🍰

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

Il y a 14 heures, Lutesque a dit :

To me Galvanized Mods do the exact opposite of what The Arsenal Divide was suppose to do...

For the multishot rifle one for example, you need to kill only 2 ennemies to have the exact same damage as the standard mod, with 3 more stacks going above that damage.

Not only is it super fast and easy to build those stacks, you have 20 seconds (assuming wiki is correct) before those stacks drop.

20 seconds !

If you are not using your rifle at all during those 20 sec, then why do you care that the stacks are lost ? Clearly you're not using the gun at all at the moment.

20 seconds, you have more than enough time to melee for a bit here, use your secondary there, move around, scan a thing, use your powers and switch back to the primary to maintain the stack.

And even if you were too slow and lost the stacks... it takes like 3 seconds in SP to build them back up to full, by just shooting the gun as if nothing ever happened.

You have more than enough room to have the most varied playstyle you can think about.

You are not "forced" to use the same weapon like when combo melee sends you back 2 minutes of building combo, it is only a slight ramp up made to offset the sheer powercreep, with a much bigger window than combo to keep the ball rolling.

You are blowing a small mechanic completely out of proportion.

16 hours ago, Lutesque said:

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

So do I.  The only ones I feel constrain me are the crit mods. The buffs on the rest of them are generous enough that I can switch between melee and ranged just fine.  In fact they remind me not to rely on melee too much, which is still pretty easy to do.

that's arguably worse now than it was before. when the Hit Counter was 5 hits and tripling, getting the first two stacks was something you could do in just a Second or two of using your Melee Weapon. 45 hits wasn't too far off either.

and Blood Rush & Weeping Wounds were so exponentially strong that you could totally have made a very effective Melee Weapon even with just assuming you'll never have more than 15 or 45 Hits. that's exactly how i treated my Melee Weapons. i did not take into account the higher tiers at all because i just don't use my Melee Weapon consistently enough for that, it's going to reset sometimes.

while now, the scaling Mods don't scale as steep as they did by far, and fixed 20 Hits per tier means that for 4, 5, 6 levels to get a strong amount out of it takes a lot longer in Melee than it did before.

36 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

For the multishot rifle one for example, you need to kill only 2 ennemies to have the exact same damage as the standard mod, with 3 more stacks going above that damage.

eh? it's 80% vs 90%
getting any Kill makes it better than Split Chamber. and it's almost not even worse even if you don't.

il y a 19 minutes, taiiat a dit :

eh? it's 80% vs 90%
getting any Kill makes it better than Split Chamber. and it's almost not even worse even if you don't.

Oh, might be confusing with the shotgun multishot or something.

Well thanks anyway, that makes my original point even stronger.

6 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

I'm well aware of what the benefits Are when you kill.... It's the same story with Condition Overload, you only need to apply Two Status Effects to out damage Primed Pressure Point....

Luckily Condition Overload doesn't require any Kills and doesn't have a Duration....

Galvanized Mods on the other hand are way worse... Once you get one buff going you are now chained to using that weapon if you want to keep it...

Not only is it super fast and easy to build those stacks, you have 20 seconds (assuming wiki is correct) before those stacks drop.

20 seconds !

If you are not using your rifle at all during those 20 sec, then why do you care that the stacks are lost ? Clearly you're not using the gun at all at the moment

Easy... I might want to use it on the 21st Second... Or the 23rd... Or the 90th....

I change my weapons when I feel like it... Not when a buff compels me to do so.... Or not to do so....

20 seconds, you have more than enough time to melee for a bit here, use your secondary there, move around, scan a thing, use your powers and switch back to the primary to maintain the stack

For you perhaps...I don't know how you play but for me Infinite Duration from a Riven beats 20 Seconds from Galvanized Mods...

That's one less thing I don't have to bother with.

And even if you were too slow and lost the stacks... it takes like 3 seconds in SP to build them back up to full, by just shooting the gun as if nothing ever happened

Right... Because nothing bad is going to happen In Just 3 Seconds on the Steel Path... 😐

You have more than enough room to have the most varied playstyle you can think about.

So long as I glance at the upper right side of my screen every 4 Seconds 🤔 ?

You are not "forced" to use the same weapon like when combo melee sends you back 2 minutes of building combo, it is only a slight ramp up made to offset the sheer powercreep, with a much bigger window than combo to keep the ball rolling

The Magnitude maybe different

8ppt.gif

but the Annoyance is Identical.... 

Whether its 4 Seconds or 30 Seconds... I don't like switching or sticking with a weapon when I don't want to...

You are blowing a small mechanic completely out of proportion.

You Understimate how much this "Small" Mechanic Bothers Me... 😈

7 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

20 seconds !

And practically speaking, because of how most Galvanized stacks expire, 20 seconds understates how well the multi mods work.   Build up 5 stacks and forget about the weapon and you've got 20 seconds at 5 stacks, 40 seconds at 4+ stacks and so on.  For a total of 100 seconds where the mods give a larger bonus than their vanilla equivalents without doing anything to maintain the buffs.  

That's not forever, but it's a pretty long arsed time in this game.      I can see being irritated by these mods, but I'm more sympathetic to complaints about the kill conditions or the whole approach of using mods rather than a stat review to buff ranged weapons.

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Lutesque a dit :

I'm well aware of what the benefits Are when you kill.... It's the same story with Condition Overload, you only need to apply Two Status Effects to out damage Primed Pressure Point....

Luckily Condition Overload doesn't require any Kills and doesn't have a Duration....

Galvanized Mods on the other hand are way worse... Once you get one buff going you are now chained to using that weapon if you want to keep it...

Easy... I might want to use it on the 21st Second... Or the 23rd... Or the 90th....

I change my weapons when I feel like it... Not when a buff compels me to do so.... Or not to do so....

For you perhaps...I don't know how you play but for me Infinite Duration from a Riven beats 20 Seconds from Galvanized Mods...

That's one less thing I don't have to bother with.

Right... Because nothing bad is going to happen In Just 3 Seconds on the Steel Path... 😐

So long as I glance at the upper right side of my screen every 4 Seconds 🤔 ?

The Magnitude maybe different

8ppt.gif

but the Annoyance is Identical.... 

Whether its 4 Seconds or 30 Seconds... I don't like switching or sticking with a weapon when I don't want to...

You Understimate how much this "Small" Mechanic Bothers Me... 😈

Massive WOOSH on most of your reply, if only you finished reading before typing an answer.

It's not like my entire point was that it's meaningless to even pay attention to the timer because the (as it turns out) 10% less multishot is completely inconcequential and is instantly negated at the first kill... oh wait... that was exactly my point.

Sure, spend hours upon hours upon hours grinding kuva, praying for having a riven for the weapon you want and praying for a decent roll instead of "bothering" with a 100% reliable straight upgrade to existing mods that won't get changed by disposition, this makes soooo much sense.

If you can't even stay alive 3 seconds in SP, well I'm sorry but git gud scrub, there is simply no other answer.

"It bothers meeee" is just another variation of "it's my opinion", and guess what, an opinion can be objectively wrong. You're free to play as you want, but what bothers you can still be completely devoided of sense.

I wouldn't react like this if you weren't giving advices left and right to new players...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

And practically speaking, because of how most Galvanized stacks expire, 20 seconds understates how well the multi mods work.   Build up 5 stacks and forget about the weapon and you've got 20 seconds at 5 stacks, 40 seconds at 4+ stacks and so on.  For a total of 100 seconds where the mods give a larger bonus than their vanilla equivalents without doing anything to maintain the buffs.

The Stacks Decay one at a time ?  😮

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's not forever, but it's a pretty long arsed time in this game.      I can see being irritated by these mods, but I'm more sympathetic to complaints about the kill conditions or the whole approach of using mods rather than a stat review to buff ranged weapons.

I mean... You only need to ask Chroma mains how often they look much time they have left....it's more cumbersome than it actually sounds....

Very few people are actually capable of accurately tracking the passage of time whilest simultaneously doing something else. I know I certainly can't glance up and see I have 15 Seconds and then switch Weapons for 10 Seconds while killing Enemies and then switching back to maintain the buff....more importantly... Even if I could I definitely wouldn't like my experience to get Dictated This way....it's far too Abstract..

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The Stacks Decay one at a time ?  😮

On all but the two crit mods.   Which -is- annoying, as they're the most in need of the more generous expiration behavior IMO.

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I mean... You only need to ask Chroma mains how often they look much time they have left....it's more cumbersome than it actually sounds....

Very few people are actually capable of accurately tracking the passage of time whilest simultaneously doing something else. I know I certainly can't glance up and see I have 15 Seconds and then switch Weapons for 10 Seconds while killing Enemies and then switching back to maintain the buff....more importantly... Even if I could I definitely wouldn't like my experience to get Dictated This way....it's far too Abstract..

I'll just say the multi mods -especially- might be worth another look since you weren't aware how the stacks expire.  But hey, experience is too varied and life too short to spend much time convincing people they should like things they don't.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Massive WOOSH on most of your reply, if only you finished reading before typing an answer

Whatever you say Captain Presumptuous... 😝

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

On all but the two crit mods.   Which -is- annoying, as they're the most in need of the more generous expiration behavior IMO.

How do the Scope and Crosshairs Wear Off Then ?

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'll just say the multi mods -especially- might be worth another look since you weren't aware how the stacks expire.  But hey, experience is too varied and life too short to spend much time convincing people they should like things they don't.  

Exactly.... 😁 You totally get me, Tenno ♥️ !!!

7 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

It's not like my entire point was that it's meaningless to even pay attention to the timer because the (as it turns out) 10% less multishot is completely inconcequential and is instantly negated at the first kill... oh wait... that was exactly my point

Except you're wrong... It's Negated before you kill to begin with... It's 80% vs 90% ....not a big enough Difference to matter....not counting Beam Weapons obviously....

Oh but wait... It gets better:

One Stack takes you from 80% to to 110% so still not negated except it's not negated the other way around... If that makes any sense 😝

Another Stack gets you up to 140%... Which is not good enough for me... You might feel Different....

And then one more Stack finally gets you up to 170% Mulishot....

See ? Your precious Galvanized Mod is not the game changer you make it out to be...

It's not as Simple as one Kill... It actually takes 3.... And you can only apply two more Stacks after that for a Total of 230% Multishot.... Not very impressive... Don't get me wrong... It's Still way better than Split Chamber but unlike the Aptitude and Scope mods, this one has some funny scaling that I didn't think most people would over look 🤔... 

18 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Sure, spend hours upon hours upon hours grinding kuva, praying for having a riven for the weapon you want and praying for a decent roll instead of "bothering" with a 100% reliable straight upgrade to existing mods that won't get changed by disposition, this makes soooo much sense.

To Each Their own....

Like I said... You Understimate how much this Bothers me 😈 !!!

19 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

If you can't even stay alive 3 seconds in SP, well I'm sorry but git gud scrub, there is simply no other answer.

And that's how you ended up in my Ignore Filter... 😝

20 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

"It bothers meeee" is just another variation of "it's my opinion", and guess what, an opinion can be objectively wrong. You're free to play as you want, but what bothers you can still be completely devoided of sense

Then pray tell, Tenno... How is me hating Galvanized Mods Objectively wrong ? 🤔 Are you saying it's possible I actually love them but I just don't know it yet ? 😱

22 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I wouldn't react like this if you weren't giving advices left and right to new players...

How would you react ? And what do you have against my Advice ? 🤔