Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Deluxe deserves plantigrade feet

The design is great.  However, I don't think that the giant hoop on the calf and digitigrade feet (that's present on both NIdus Phryke and Nezha Emperean) fits with Atlas.

To put it simply, Atlas is a boxing earth elemental.  He should have a solid connection to the ground at all times.  That means not standing on his tip toes.

While it makes him look top heavy (which isn't a bad thing for a boxer), it also makes him look kinda precariously balanced and unstable.

6 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

The design is great.  However, I don't think that the giant hoop on the calf and digitigrade feet (that's present on both NIdus Phryke and Nezha Emperean) fits with Atlas.

To put it simply, Atlas is a boxing earth elemental.  He should have a solid connection to the ground at all times.  That means not standing on his tip toes.

While it makes him look top heavy (which isn't a bad thing for a boxer), it also makes him look kinda precariously balanced and unstable.

Seeing as you've brought up the boxing references I take it you've never heard of 'twinkle toes' then.... A lot of boxers are on their tip toes when fighting to help with being able to react quickly etc. 

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Seeing as you've brought up the boxing references I take it you've never heard of 'twinkle toes' then.... A lot of boxers are on their tip toes when fighting to help with being able to react quickly etc. 

Even Muhammed Ali firmly planted his feet to throw his punches.  Moving around on your toes is one thing.  Throwing a punch is another.

7 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation, or are you just here to be a contrarian pest?

Another point regarding twinkle toes: there's a distinct difference between unloading your heels and being en pointe.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean it isn't constructive and trying to dismiss it by making out it's on purpose is kind of comical, it's almost like you're used to mummy and daddy always saying yes when you want something and aren't used to someone saying 'no' or having a different viewpoint to you.... different opinions can be constructive..

My viewpoint is just as valid as yours and it's only fair that DE has the perspective of others when considering 'changes' that will affect ALL users of said skin, it isn't just about making YOU happy, it's about making the majority happy.

Edited by LSG501