Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holy motion sickness batman

Xantheis

Something about the fog (and i am guessing the movement speed) in the first day of the dead alert caused major motion sickness for me.  it took me a good 30 minutes for things to settle down enough to post.  still not 100%.  

for context, i cant play 99.999% of first person games because of motion sickness and have turned off any kind of screen shake, light flares, etc. in game here.  Historically, that has been enough - i have played warframe for years and, barred from a few specific things, i've been fine.  

i am wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar - specifically, if they did, were they able to change the settings to make it better?  

Note, this isnt about the skins at all - that isnt important.  I am moderately concerned that the motion sickness will carry over to Fortuna and i'd rather not miss parts of the expansion content.  especially if a settings change can address it. 

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Put all graphics setting to the lowest and disable all other graphical options. See if it helps.

I did set all options to off before the latest mainline release - do you know if something was changed or added there? (I checked notes and nothing jumped out but, i could have missed it).  will lower the graphics to see what that does... tomorrow 🙂 my head is still a bit swimmy... 

And thank you

Edited by Xantheis

Also try to have the Field of View (FOV) set to the widest setting possible. For some people, myself included, very limited FOVs can cause motion sickness in some games.

Although to be honest I don't know if this has anything to do with your case which happened at the Haloween event. I don't really like it myself visually, it's quite a mess and I feel like I'm moving blindly at times following the yellow markers on screen.

3 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

Also try to have the Field of View (FOV) set to the widest setting possible. For some people, myself included, very limited FOVs can cause motion sickness in some games.

Although to be honest I don't know if this has anything to do with your case which happened at the Haloween event. I don't really like it myself visually, it's quite a mess and I feel like I'm moving blindly at times following the yellow markers on screen.

I learned early on with warframe that i needed that FOV as wide as it could be - same boat as you on that one for sure. 

I did check settings again and it doesnt look like anything needs to change.  my hope is hat tis just the fog causing it... hopefully, it doesnt cause other issues later...