Why does Ammo Case[Carrier Precept Mod]not negate -100% Ammo Max from Rivens?

Scherhardt

maybe it is an order of effect issue and carrier applies before the riven is taken into account. Honestly just guessing.

edit: actually thinking about it more even if the riven applies first that means your total ammo is 0 so adding 25% more of 0 is still 0.

Edited by Drasiel
brain think

4 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

maybe it is an order of effect issue and carrier applies before the riven is taken into account. Honestly just guessing.

edit: actually thinking about it more even if the riven applies first that means your total ammo is 0 so adding 25% more of 0 is still 0.

Logical BUT is it intentional, that is the question. I need DEs word on this

When you use more than one mod for the same stat, they usualy don't multiply each other.

Their values are added instead, before the total is then applied as a percentage.

Here, ammo case's +25 is added to the -100 of your riven, then the the resulting -75 becomes -75% and is applied to your base max ammo.

You would need a -125% riven for your max ammo to be 0 despite ammo case.  <- wrong! ammo case bonus is indeed applied to the modded capacity.

Edited by Robolaser

11 hours ago, Robolaser said:

When you use more than one mod for the same stat, they usualy don't multiply each other.

Their values are added instead, before the total is then applied as a percentage.

Here, ammo case's +25 is added to the -100 of your riven, then the the resulting -75 becomes -75% and is applied to your base max ammo.

You would need a -125% riven for your max ammo to be 0 despite ammo case.

Assuming it goes this way, then its a bug. I'm using a lato riven with 103% Ammo max negative with carrier equipped. Ammo max is at 0.

Though the vast majority of mods work the way i described above, i just verified ammo case and indeed it gives +25% of the modded max ammo. The wiki also confirm this. So yeah obviously if that modded capacity is zero, +25% won't add anything. My bad!

I've also tested shade's ambush mod, and found its +120% to owner's weapon damage works the usual way, like an additional +damage weapon mod would. So this inconsistency seems specific to ammo case, not sentinel mods.

Edited by Robolaser