Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed With Nyx rework list

Bombarder0

Just now, Bombarder0 said:

Yup thats true,btw I see DE has lack of creativity for Nyx,the physic rework is suppose to be Mag work,Nyx needs more CC dads

and what would you suggest because this is pretty dang effective since you can cast it over and over 

Image result for chaos sphere warframe

I love my nyx,  but none of these changes enhance her...but i play at endless mission levels..

None of these changes help her, however none of these changes gimp her.

it is said that those who  made the changes are unfamiliar with the frame.

6 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

NEW PASSIVE: Misfire -- enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

she still get oneshot, passive is worthless

If you have most enemy fire drawn to you without an Assimilate build, I question how you play Nyx.

• MIND CONTROL: Target will absorb any damage done to it 4 seconds after cast. The amount of damage absorbed then increases the output damage of the target.

WORTHLESS in a one shot kill game.  dead mobs can't do more damage.

A Mind controlled mob is another target for the HUNDREDS other enemies to shoot at INSTEAD of you. and Extra firepower while you can hide somewhere with this change.

• PSYCHIC BOLTS: This ability is completely being redone. All enemies hit lose defenses (armor/shields) for a short duration. Infested units will be slowed, in addition to the deactivation of any infested auras.

one faction and pointless if i want to slow infested i will use the aura.

Really now? A defense reduction or outright nullifier is worthless? Helping you or other teammates kill it is worthless?

3 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

mob lvl 10+ pyschic bolt cannot kill.

Who the heck uses Psychic bolt to kill. Besides, that's the reason it got changed to another support skill, isn't it?

8 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

• ABSORB: The math and potentially damage type is being changed. No other details outside of that! .

Nerf to damage from absorb, only a mron forgets the last 3 years of nerfs and expect this tow ork out for the better of playres.

Change = Nerf... That's... wow...

1 minute ago, Kyronz said:

I love my nyx,  but none of these changes enhance her...but i play at endless mission levels..

None of these changes help her, however none of these changes gimp her.

it is said that those who  made the changes are unfamiliar with the frame.

well its still in dev build so time and feedback will move things personaly my GF plays Quite a bit of nyx and when i told them to her she seems very intrested in it saying the same thing i said if the defence drain scales with PS you could potentially have Corrosive projection shield disruption infested impenitence and turn off all ancients in your range basicly make the infested slow or full out stop ancients forget how to do things make shields not exist for the coprus and armor is a lost concept to the grineer 

5 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

If you have most enemy fire drawn to you without an Assimilate build, I question how you play Nyx.

A Mind controlled mob is another target for the HUNDREDS other enemies to shoot at INSTEAD of you. and Extra firepower while you can hide somewhere with this change.

Really now? A defense reduction or outright nullifier is worthless? Helping you or other teammates kill it is worthless?

Who the heck uses Psychic bolt to kill. Besides, that's the reason it got changed to another support skill, isn't it?

Change = Nerf... That's... wow...

How is a nyx drawing agro?

1 mob in a zerg game to get a worthess buff

i have absorb shoot me all you want

You sure you ever played a nyx, that sounds more like rhino

Edited by Kyronz

10 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

NEW PASSIVE: Misfire -- enemies can't seem to truly target Nyx and all receive an accuracy debuff against her.

• MIND CONTROL: Target will absorb any damage done to it 4 seconds after cast. The amount of damage absorbed then increases the output damage of the target.

• PSYCHIC BOLTS: This ability is completely being redone. All enemies hit lose defenses (armor/shields) for a short duration. Infested units will be slowed, in addition to the deactivation of any infested auras.

• ABSORB: The math and potentially damage type is being changed. No other details outside of that! .

Nerf to damage from absorb, only a mron forgets the last 3 years of nerfs and expect this tow ork out for the better of playres.

Passive: you may get instagibbed by enemies, but it will happen less often. Not good, not worthless. About in line with other passives.

Mind Control: You literally don’t know what you’re talking about. You can’t kill a Mind Control target. Giving a friendly Heavy Gunner one-shot damage is fantastic.

Psychic Bolts: You literally didn’t even read the ability. It affects all factions, not just Infested. It just also slows Infested. Also, be honest: you never use that Aura. Nobody uses that Aura. Shedding armor and slowing an enemy is useful. Probably should just be a 25 Energy ability though. 

Absorb: It’s garbage magnetic damage. Absorb is already literally the worst. It isn’t possible to meaningfully nerf it, therefore the most likely outcome is a buff.

11 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

How is a nyx drawing agro?

1 mob in a zerg game to get a worthess buff

i have absorb shoot me all you want

You sure you ever played a nyx, that sounds more like rhino

enemy AI shoot what ever generates more agro a warframe generates more say a MC target 

agro is a value system AI attack what ever generates the most 

like a between defense target and you they will shoot the defense target more over you since it has more agro 

loki decoy or defense target the answer is 50/50 they generate the same amount 

and what if they make absorbs damage true damage wouldnt that be better than magnetic

oh and the new passive is probably better then having a chance to be disarmed by her abilities tbh i thought she never had a passive with how little i see it do anything  

Edited by seprent

4 minutes ago, fishworshipper said:

Passive: you may get instagibbed by enemies, but it will happen less often. Not good, not worthless. About in line with other passives.

Mind Control: You literally don’t know what you’re talking about. You can’t kill a Mind Control target. Giving a friendly Heavy Gunner one-shot damage is fantastic.

Psychic Bolts: You literally didn’t even read the ability. It affects all factions, not just Infested. It just also slows Infested. Also, be honest: you never use that Aura. Nobody uses that Aura. Shedding armor and slowing an enemy is useful. Probably should just be a 25 Energy ability though. 

Absorb: It’s garbage magnetic damage. Absorb is already literally the worst. It isn’t possible to meaningfully nerf it, therefore the most likely outcome is a buff.

no one uses psychic bolts it is low damage and pointless.

Mind control you forgot invul is 4 seconds what part of 4 secs confuses you?

If your taking phisical damage in absorb you are doing it wrong.

Edited by Kyronz

4 minutes ago, fishworshipper said:

and couldnt that also work with mind freak i dont play nyx alot but doesn't that aug give like 500% more damage to the MC target?

4 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

no one uses psychic bolts it is low damage and pointless.

Mind control you forgot invul is 4 seconds what part of 4 secs confuses you?

If your taking phisical damage in absorb you are doing it wrong.

physcic bolts is being replaced he is adressing you just swept the ability aside like only effected the infested it but no effects all factions and no one uses infested impedance 

and for the 4 seconds you could have say mind freak +500% damage for MC target and then unload a super lanka into him no many thing things will shoot it but it will slaughter what it shoots at 

and absorb is magnetic damage what can they do to nerf it make it idk do no damage and knock down? they said there changing it from magnetic to something else literally anything would be better then magnetic 

and if your in absorb how can you take damage if its whole job is prevent that so it would be impossible to use absorb wrong unless your not using it at all so that statement is redundant 

5 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

Why you don't understand nyx current skill set, so there is no purpose in arguing with you...

thats not suggestions thats something trying to ignore a counter point if you want to give up just say so 

oh no i dont use a frame there for it is impossible for me to know how the frame works what ever will i do oh wait

>wiki shows every bit of known data on nyx

> play with friends who use and talk about nyx

>ask questions about her mechanics to said nyx main freinds because i like understanding things 

wanna try again pal?

6 minutes ago, seprent said:

thats not suggestions thats something trying to ignore a counter point if you want to give up just say so 

oh no i dont use a frame there for it is impossible for me to know how the frame works what ever will i do oh wait

>wiki shows every bit of known data on nyx

> play with friends who use and talk about nyx

>ask questions about her mechanics to said nyx main freinds because i like understanding things 

wanna try again pal?

Sigh what do you believe is the counter point?

Just now, Kyronz said:

Sigh what do you believe is the counter point?

you saying this bad i asked you then make suggestions here ill explain what i mean

if you say this is bad happening to something you like then why dont you make suggestions on what you think would make it better then sitting here complaining its bad and nothing else?

but no you reply with "oh you dont understand the frame why should i?"

you clearly like nyx why wouldn't you make suggestions on how to make it better if these one are so bad to you?

1 hour ago, Kyronz said:

Um... you do know that her minion can be killed by your or you teammate while you’re mind controlling them right? Also, this change is pretty good. Nyx may not be the tankiest frame but not every frame can take a hit. Banshee, Mag, Trinity etc. are as good as dead when they get hit. It is not to make her OP but keeps her in line with most other CC frames. Endless running isn’t something everyone does but she can do it with some skill. Either you don’t know how to endless run survival or you’re demanding too much for an already decent frame.

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

I wonder how Mind Control is gonna work with the augment, is it gonna like stack the damage twice? Can't wait to see my pet Nox shredding everybody (that is if he manages to hit someone instead of shooting at a wall)

Edited by Learicorn

I see the proposed rework just doesn't address any of her real problems.

Her 1st controls an enemy however you have no control over its behavior. It's very unreliable as damage output even with the augment. The proposed rework is supposed to increase the damage which is rather meaningless for 2 reasons - mob damage is always negligible as Nyx herself can deal very high damage with good weapons, also, the damage absorb relies heavily on RNG coz it requires your enemies to target your minion, which is not likely to happen if you cast Chaos too where enemies will be busy shooting at each other. DE need to increase the threat level of controlled foe so that it will be the prioritized target of mobs.

Her 2nd targets random enemies coz you have no direct control over the targeting, much like Shurikens. Temporary removal of shields and armors are rather insignificant effect in this game - while they're indeed powerful, you can only target 2 foes at a time and we are talking about 10-20 foes charging at you at the same time in a high level mission and all of them are capable to one-shot you.

Her 3rd makes enemies shoot at random people but we don't want this, we want them to shoot at someone that's not one of us and that's why Chaos is a mediocre CC at best. It's a shame they aren't going to make any change of Chaos, I'd like a accuracy debuff considering it's pretty bad in damage output anyway at least they're less likely to hurt our teammates.

Her 4th is ok-ish but it's essentially invincibility in cost of mobility with mediocre damage potential. I'd prefer a shield myself.

Edited by Marvelous_A