Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SUGGESTION: Weapon Exilus

Dauragin

Hello there fellow Tennos and our beloved developers, have you ever come across a weapon that you really want to build to be the strongest that it can ever become, but you had to sacrifice convenience just to make it strong? Yeah it might be the strongest, but when it comes to quality of life, it really sucks. I have been experiencing this issue ever since riven mods came out. There is no longer a space in my mods slots for mods such as the legendary [Ammo Drum], or mods like [Quickdraw], [Steady Aim], and other mods that do not really increase the damage of your weapons, but only help your performance in the game by giving you more convenience. Just think about how much of a help this would be for players. Mods like [Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation], [Ammo Drum], etc etc would be used more. Here I have an example of what I suggest for weapons to have in the mod slots, an exilus or quality of life mod slot.

tviyLXM.jpg

19 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No. Proposed 100 times. Got No 100 times. Weapons are strong enough and rather need a complete rework to "remove" mandatory mods

I think this could be achieved by giving some mods that are currently useless some duel stats or more potent effects. The actual weapons seem fine as they are.

Ammo mods and reload mods absolutely add to your damage output. You can't shoot someone with no bullets and you aren't firing bullets while you are reloading. There are not that many actual Exilus style mods for weapons that would justify yet another slot just for them.

I don't have to explain why Exilus slot on weapons is a bad idea, if you just take a look on the state of Exilus mods for Warframes. On top of that, how do you expect to manage aditional capacity drain? Any ideas?

An entire mod revisit is the way to go.

On 2018-10-21 at 8:12 PM, ShortCat said:

I don't have to explain why Exilus slot on weapons is a bad idea, if you just take a look on the state of Exilus mods for Warframes. On top of that, how do you expect to manage aditional capacity drain? Any ideas?

An entire mod revisit is the way to go.

Hmmm, right, the drain would be a problem. Well. Maybe instead of exilus, make it into an aura/stance type of mod slot. 

On 2018-10-20 at 2:46 AM, Dauragin said:

Hello there fellow Tennos and our beloved developers, have you ever come across a weapon that you really want to build to be the strongest that it can ever become, but you had to sacrifice convenience just to make it strong? Yeah it might be the strongest, but when it comes to quality of life, it really sucks. I have been experiencing this issue ever since riven mods came out. There is no longer a space in my mods slots for mods such as the legendary [Ammo Drum], or mods like [Quickdraw], [Steady Aim], and other mods that do not really increase the damage of your weapons, but only help your performance in the game by giving you more convenience. Just think about how much of a help this would be for players. Mods like [Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation], [Ammo Drum], etc etc would be used more. Here I have an example of what I suggest for weapons to have in the mod slots, an exilus or quality of life mod slot.

tviyLXM.jpg

I like this idea. Would allow me to equip non damage based mods.

Yes and no.

reload mods don't qualify, since they do increase your dps.

otherwise, I think it'd be a nice addition. Those mods you can use in both conclave and regular missions? Yeah, those would be great for a slot like these. Holster speed mods? Zoom? Recoil? This is a great way to improve QoL for your favorite weapon in one area without sacrificing damage.

otherwise you just have to get a riven with all the QoL stats you want and get rid of just one dps mod. 

Now we will have shooting styles ? Ofc it's good but it's not the time yet. I can't agree to this because the GM - DE they still have a lots of fixs to do and it should have be done months ago with serious bugs old for half years and it's not just some small bugs like way point issue.

Also fix the weapons is one of it.

If its done only for QoL mods that do not affect DPS,it would be really good. I asked a similar thing a month or two ago,and i am glad i am not the only one who thinks some mods need some love.(may be a quick fix,until a full rework of the mods may be done)