Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptation Bug?

ReshyShira

It definitely seems to malfunction looking at your low HP bar.

I guess that's what you get for "fixing" it so many times with "Fixed sometimes being invincible". The "sometimes invincible" part is simply tanking too hard. Not literal invincibility. At least that's what it seems.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Yeah, the Adaptation mod isn't giving anywhere close to 90% damage reduction, tested on a high level enemy.  Enemies are giving 90% in one shot, and no damage reduction is being applied.

722C98563282ACFC27E758EF5A234E2363ECF1D86CD49375D8FFC37109A2B8521C0B9C04DB05D55A

Pictures of taking damage both with and without the Adaptation mod, while it's not precise numbers, you can measure the relative chunk of health being lost and there's nearly no difference.

I tested with an Ancient Healer which also gives 90% damage reduction for scale:

98AD0D1F34E4EF7B1656EEC71790340E2C713478

Massive difference in outcomes.

Edited by ReshyShira

The damage not being reduced by 90% may not actually be a bug.

From what I understand: Adaption gives resistance against the strongest damage type from the attack.  So if an enemy did 34 Slash 33 Impact and 33 Puncture it will resist Slash even though Puncture is doing more than double Slash's damage due to health type modifiers.

So most enemies that do some spread of all 3 damage types (almost all enemies) will only have their damage reduced by around 30~70%, even when it works properly.

Still might be a glitch though, even with mobs that do a single pure damage type, it sometimes failed to always apply resist properly when I tested it earlier.

Specifically Adaption didn't provide nearly 90% reduction at 90% from Toxin damage of the Toxic Ancients and Mutalist Ospreys.  So it might be that way against attacks from others too.

On 2018-10-20 at 6:28 PM, Ailyene said:

The damage not being reduced by 90% may not actually be a bug.

From what I understand: Adaption gives resistance against the strongest damage type from the attack.  So if an enemy did 34 Slash 33 Impact and 33 Puncture it will resist Slash even though Puncture is doing more than double Slash's damage due to health type modifiers.

So most enemies that do some spread of all 3 damage types (almost all enemies) will only have their damage reduced by around 30~70%, even when it works properly.

Still might be a glitch though, even with mobs that do a single pure damage type, it sometimes failed to always apply resist properly when I tested it earlier.

Specifically Adaption didn't provide nearly 90% reduction at 90% from Toxin damage of the Toxic Ancients and Mutalist Ospreys.  So it might be that way against attacks from others too.

It's definitely bugged, seems like when you first start a mission it works fine, then once the buff wears off for the first time it never properly reapplies the damage resistance on later instances.

Edited by ReshyShira

24 minutes ago, ReshyShira said:

It's definitely bugged, seems like when you first start a mission it works fine, then once the buff wears off for the first time it never properly reapplies the damage resistance on later instances.

Yeah you are right, I did some of my own testing and the Scorpion used in your test is 100% pure Impact damage.  So there's no way it shouldn't have had almost all of its damage reduced if Adaption was working correctly.

Scorpion Lvl.100 vs. Inaros (510 Armor)
6820 -> 6654 = 166 (Opening Swing Version 2*) = No Adaption
6820 -> 6803 = 17 (Opening Swing Version 2) = 90% Adaption

*A second version of the combo starter it spams if you are just slightly out of range for it to ever hit you.  (Does slightly less damage but animation is identical to normal opening swing and still leads into the same combo.)