The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox in exterminate, how does it work?

NemesisIV

Ember has been my to go frame for exterminate fissure farming, but I've seen a few equinoxes outdo my clear speed and damage, I have played this game for many years and I even have her but I don't know what in her kit makes that possible, can someone explain to me what it is?

4 hours ago, NemesisIV said:

Ember has been my to go frame for exterminate fissure farming, but I've seen a few equinoxes outdo my clear speed and damage, I have played this game for many years and I even have her but I don't know what in her kit makes that possible, can someone explain to me what it is?

I'm assuming you have no idea what she does and how she does it so apology in advance for explaining everything but I don't know what you know so it'll just be easier to assume you don't know anything about her.

Equinox has 2 forms. Day Form and Night Form. I commonly refer to Day form as "Damage mode" and night as "Support mode" You can tell the difference between the modes as the Day Form looks more masculine and has no dangly bits and Night Form has bits hanging from her arms.

Both:
1 ability is called: Metamorphosis - Use this ability to change forms.

Day Form: [Damage Mode]
2 ability is called: Rest & Rage - This will increases damage done to target
3 ability is called: Pacify & Provoke - This will increase allies ability strength by the stated number
4 ability is called: Mend & Maim - This does AoE slash damage and stores up 75% of the damage dealt on enemy death (no cap on it) until you unleash it again. (Drains energy) 

Night Form: [Support Mode]
2 ability is called: Rest & Rage - Puts enemy to sleep.
3 ability is called: Pacify & Provoke - Area Slow (Think of it as a more mobile slow nova)
4 ability is called: Mend & Maim - This stores up damage dealt on enemy dealt until you unleash it but instead heals everyone in range.

What you are actually after is MAIM from her DAY FORM. I don't have a max range equinox build but I do have my Combat & Support build I can share with you:
You can swap out the aura for anything you desire I've opted for Growing power to maximise my Provoke and support to allies. Energy Conversion is used instead of Transient Fortitude to keep the energy costs down to 0.88/s Energy drain.

0jA8yYt.jpg

It does take 9 forma to get to this stage however I love Equinox so I've toyed around with a few builds and this is the one i've settled for because of how useful it is.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

I don't see it mentioned, but the Equinox Night Form "Rest" skill can also be used to put them to sleep before they are corrupted.  A little nap, then they get corrupted, then you kill them using maim.  Works best with a coordinated crew or solo since otherwise people just don't seem to understand that you want the enemies to go corrupted before you kill them.