Suggestion: Allowing players to pick what element they want for Chroma rather than colors deciding this.

Grizz_Bjorn

Before I get folks coming at me crying how Ice Chroma is king and how it helps them get a challenge for Fashion Frame, I have been there and I hear ya and I appreciate the energy and passion! However I've reach the point were I have color schemes in mind that I want to play out and I always get *MR* blocked by the wall that is the colors deciding what element he uses, thus messing with customization.

Sometimes a player wants to have black flames, or cool blue ice, how about black/red lighting (Throw back to Infamous), purple/pink toxin? Nope, you pick any of that and it selects the wrong element to fit that you do not have in mind of using. Yes I know there -are- colors that are close to what you would want, but don't lie, they throw a wrench into your vision. Well at least they do for me, I like being stylish but abnormal sometimes, so the idea came to me for this, now being shared here.

I have a suggestion, allow people to pick what element they would like to use so they can have full customization. It makes me feel so limited not being able to have fun and use different elements with that fun scheme. Contrary to what peeps think, Ice Chroma is not the only useful version of him, though he is my favorite. The many flavors of the dragon can play well if you know how to work 'em, especially if you are being a team player with his Everlasting Ward. Boost some sweet reload speeds, save the crew before they die, make 'em near bullet proof and do a massive CC. But again that limited color selection just makes me feel held back. I've had Chroma for years and have delved a lotta time and energy into him so I know the ropes and I get others opinions and feel free to dish 'em out I'll try to respond if needed. This is mostly my bickering but hey it would be a cool touch-up for customization. 

Now onto how; maybe under the elemental color bar he could have a tab that says "Selected Element" with a drop down of the elements (Along with what his elements do to help new players diving into Chroma so it's right there, for example: Ice Element; Using ice you boost your as well as your teammates armor, as well as inflect an ice proc that can slow enemies bullets, reflecting them back to cause them to slow as well. Fire Element; Fire gives a temporary boost to overall health for you and your team. As well foes too close have a fire proc granted to them causing them to be stunned and inflect damage. ect ect...). Players can then choose which element they wish to have and the icon of the element is visible on that tab as well.

I have ran into people who get Chroma brand new pick fire, complain that he's not lasting long and drop him because they do not look to see what the elements do and what they boost cause it can be missed by new players or build him up to help support his elements, different licks for different picks. Sometimes having more duration works better for one element than more strength. Sometimes it's a balance of both! (Bless that energy boost for Chroma Prime btw)

How will this help?

Keeps with how Warframe offers amazing customization in their game
Aids people in knowing what the elements do rather than having to do some guess work and feel lost. 
A chart of how each element helps or is good for different situations can also help teach new players. 

Thanks for reading through this, tried to come off as non-salty as I can cause I'm sodium free right now, just had an idea and wanted to share it, who knows maybe others think the same and it can be looked into.

I've thought about this a lot. My solution is this:
YM2vh8u.png

Instead of three loadout configurations, Chroma gets four, each labeled to an individual element available to him. When he uses that loadout, it always starts him with that element, regardless of his energy color.

As you can see in the colors below, however, if there is a rework wherein he's able to change elements mid-mission, he would also be able to choose different energy colors for that element, without being limited to the normal "white is always Cold, orange is always Heat, &c."

Edited by Endrian

3 minutes ago, Endrian said:

I've thought about this a lot. My solution is this:
YM2vh8u.png

Instead of three loadout configurations, Chroma gets four, each labeled to an individual element available to him. When he uses that loadout, it always starts him with that element, regardless of his energy color.

As you can see in the colors below, however, if there is a rework wherein he's able to change elements mid-mission, he would also be able to choose different energy colors for that element, without being limited to the normal "white is always Cold, orange is always Heat, &c."

I like what you're dishing out there. The concept is simple and sweet and yeah being able to change mid-mission would be cool, in case the situation arises. Nice job putting an image to this!

19 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

sadly,they wont do this

but yeah, im running with fire, cause i need this colors, but really want to use cold type ability 😞

Hey who knows, maybe one day! Btw, and ya probably already knew, if ya still wanna use cold, there is cooler colors of the hotter ones in the Easter pallet, been using that one for a few of my looks to try and get by. 

2 minutes ago, Sludge_Puppy said:

I like what you're dishing out there. The concept is simple and sweet and yeah being able to change mid-mission would be cool, in case the situation arises. Nice job putting an image to this!

Chroma is love.

Chroma is life.