Nyx's Rework Idea after Devstream

XenMaster

According to the devstream info, Nyx will get her rework later on. But some of the rework bothers me. (Yes, these rework are subject to change in the future, meaning it might not be implemented)

1). Mind Control

a). Hold to charge to increase the effectiveness of the target's strength.

b). Shooting the Mind Controlled target increases their strength.

Feedback for Mind Control :

A. The second rework
for the mind control is bad. It wants you as player to shoot the target to increase its strength.

B. The second rework should be "removing next-wave-penalty" where you have to kill the Mind Control target in order to advance next wave during Defense mission, your own ally that has been buffed by your wasted ammo?

C. If the Mind Control target should gain more strength when getting shot by the Nyx player, then let it gain strength from other sources like enemies' gunfire, explosion, eximus firewave, and other Players' abilities.

D. Aggro is increased on the Mind Control target, which prevent enemies from attacking Cryopod or any objective that has health. Which will forced surrounding enemies to attack the target.

E. Exalted weapon modding for Mind Control target, increases their effectiveness as Ally with diverse elemental build. Be it Blast/Corrosive/Radiation/Gas.

2). Psychic Bolts

a). Enemies affected by Psychic Bolts have their armor (grineer) reduced or removed, shield (corpus) reduced or removed, buffs from ancients (infested) removed.

Feedback for Psychic Bolts :

A. This type of rework is good overall but it will redundant when 4 players use corrosive projection
/shield disruption in one mission (but public would be useful if players are not coordinated).

B. Allies nearby Nyx will gain a very small amount of energy orb when successfully hit enemies with Psychic Bolts. Energy Orb produced by Nyx cannot be gained by themselves.

C. Allies nearby Nyx will gain temporary max energy capacity by % with duration.

3) Chaos

a) Unfortunately, Chaos was not discussed during Devstream.

Feedback for Chaos :

A.
Chaos affected target should take extra damage from Warframe abilities.

B. Killing Chaos affected target increases your weapon damage and for allies.

C. Chaos affected target should deal non lethal damage on allies and their sentinels/pets and those objective target on Defense and Mobile Defense.

4) Absorb

a) Unfortunately, Absorb was discussed during Devstream but it's rework were not told in details.

Feedback for Absorb :

A. Absorb now deal elemental damage and proc the elemental status "depending" on the weapon mod Nyx equipped.

B. Absorb gain more points when Chaos affected target trying to attack Nyx in Absorb mode.

C. New augment for Absorb :

a) Mind Shield :

Mind Shield protects nearby allies with the absorb mode, but does not restrict their movement. Each player affected by Absorb consume more energy overtime until Nyx cancel the Absorb mode.

5) Relinquish

Enemies that attempt to attack Nyx will have chance to miss.

Feedback for Relinquish :

A. Relinquish passive should also gained by Allies during mission.

B.
Enemies that successfully hit Nyx and her allies will get their weapons disarmed.

Mind control will never work until DE changes AI of controlled mobs. They shoot too slow, they seek cover, they shoot enemies behind obstacles. Not counting a few eximuses, they are worthless. And they will stay worthless even with damage buff(which must be around 2000% to be relevant) until DE changes AI.

Also it's fun that Titania's laughably useless passive wasn't mentioned.

I'm still hoping DE makes the mind controlled target an actual companion at some point... no matter what tweaks they do, it will always be just a stupid enemy. We already got multiple pet frames, that all have a better deal when it comes to their thralls. Personally, I'd say you make the MC target an actual, 2nd sentinel, complete with mods and everything (like Venari), and the actual enemy you pick in mission to be your pet is just cosmetics.

For the mind control, they'll work similar to anti-matter drop from nova, and if you know how much damage that thing do, you would not say how useless this rework would be.

also ripping armour and shield it's the most op thing in the game, that's why corrossive for grineer, and magnetic for corpus is so popular.

they said chaos would not receive a rework, since this is one of the most op crowd control ability in the game right now.(but I agree it could use some love)

also the ultimate would only receive matematical changes, like you suggested, they'll make the ability work better and do more damage.

Edited by PabloX732

4 minutes ago, PabloX732 said:

For the mind control, they'll work similar to anti-matter drop from nova, and if you know how much damage that thing do, you would not say how useless this rework would be

Provide the damage arrives at it's target... an AOE explosion is not quite the same thing as a NPC thrall with terrible AI.

4 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

Provide the damage arrives at it's target... an AOE explosion is not quite the same thing as a NPC thrall with terrible AI.

well the only downside I see on nekros shadow and revenants thralls it's not the fact that they can't hit, it's the fact that they'll never do damage since the damage of the grineer is cotton candy compared to his health, as per see the velocity that thralls spread, I can say they at least, they hit the target and i'm hopping with an extra amount of damage a buffed grineer under nyx control would at least hit kill at certain lvl content, since it's scales out of your weapon damage.

4 minutes ago, PabloX732 said:

well the only downside I see on nekros shadow and revenants thralls it's not the fact that they can't hit, it's the fact that they'll never do damage since the damage of the grineer is cotton candy compared to his health, as per see the velocity that thralls spread, I can say they at least, they hit the target and i'm hopping with an extra amount of damage a buffed grineer under nyx control would at least hit kill at certain lvl content, since it's scales out of your weapon damage.

We'll see... I doubt it will make much of an impact. Not without major AI adjustments, making the thrall behave more like a sentinel and less like a regular enemy, down to following Nyx more closely and attacking targets that attack her... this, with a longer subjugation time, and we'd get closer to the usefulness of other thralls (especially Venari).