Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Tridolon Hunt

degrida

Question

Can anyone tell me how to do tridolon hunts solo? I currently have a trinity prime, both prime and non-prime chromas, both prime and non-prime oberons, and a titania for warframes.  I've still yet to rank up my lanka and rubico prime. Any builds you can recommend?

5 answers to this question

I would suggest just sticking to multiple Terralyst each night until you build up your Operator. 

I find soloing the Terralyst easier with Oberon. His healing is more or less turn it on and forget about it where Trinity's needs to be cast several times throughout the fight. Not to mention his flowers will help you preserve your Warframe's energy during the magnetic attacks. As for your weapon of choice, I prefer the Lanka over the Rubico. Unless of course if you have a riven for one but not the other, take the riven modded one. 

95% of these fights are about your Operator not your Warframe or weapon choice. Back in the day there was but the Terralyst, we would fight him over and over each night cycle. Along the way we were building up our Operators. The first thing you should focus on is building a good amp. Personally I still think that the 2-2-3 combo is the best. You will want to focus on using your secondary(alt) fire for doing damage to the Eidolons shields and primary fire for killing Vomvolyst. Secondly will be the Focus School you choose to use during the fight. For someone trying to solo I would suggest Unariu. Specifically the Wisp skill, you simply use your void blast skill on the Eidolon and it will spawn a wisp at the base of the Eidolon. Once you pick up the wisp up you have 100% extra amp damage for a few seconds. 

Lastly you have Operator arcanes. You buy these from the Quills and will need 10 of each of them to fully rank them up. I personally prefer Magnus Husk and Magnus Vigor for my Operator and Virtuous Fury for my amp. The Operator arcanes give you more health and armor, allowing you to spend more time outside of your Warframe, thus meaning more DPS on the Eidolons shields. The amp arcane, once proc'ed (simply by shooting the Eidolon with you amp), will grant you 30% more amp damage once again meaning more DPS. 

Hope this helps. Happy hunting. 

Are you familiar with Tridolon Hunting or beginner?

Asking for solo is more advanced and I don't recommend it solo as beginner. Stating you yet have to rank up both Lanka and Rubico makes me think so...

Here's a guide you may find helpful:

http://gnarlsdarkley.forumprofi.de/earth-cetus-plains-of-eidolon-f85/-tridolon-hunting--t62.html?sid=30dc06fdf16a78a87fe44bda35ee9b36

A for your builds: you want to have Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Hellfire, Stormbringer, Vital Sense, Point Strike and in case of Lanka Vile Acceleration or Reload Speed for Rubico.

You want to use a Trinity to heal the Lures from Gantulyst onwards b/c the 2nd and 3rd Eidolon can easily kill the Lures. Oberon may work if you can manage the Heal. 

If you want to just farm the Teralyst for now you can pick whatever you want. Chroma/Rhino/Ocatvia/Ivara (DPS in general) are recommended.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
sorry, my pc crashed so it took me some time

the idea is using your maxed out amp (I think 323 but not sure) to quickly strip shields and with proper aim of a lanka you've properly modded knock out limbs while with trinity's 4 keeping the lures alive; rinse and repeat three times with harder enemies each round, you can find videos of it on youtube

try teralyst with groups and once you get the idea start trying it solo and read up on the abilities etc of the other eidolons, once you have the knowledge it's trial and error

for me it's still allways error but well you have to keep trying

I came up with a Trinity Prime build for solo Tridolon captures and saved it on warframe builder.  I wrote a very detailed guide in the build description which explains all of the gear / weapons / arcanes / etc that I used as well as my strategy.  And, I also included a video link of a successful run I did with that setup.  If you're interested, please check out the build here.  I realize you're a beginner and may not have some of the things listed.  However, I figured it might give you some ideas of things to work towards.