Cross Platform and linking

Yazeedhunter39

Question

11 answers to this question

Unfortunately not. DE hasn't confirmed anything, nor denied it recently (DE_Danielle said recently on a PS4@4 that DE has no info on that at the moment).

It's just known they're looking into it and that there's still some obstacles like corporate greed. I'm hopeful, but as said above, assume it's not going to come until official info is released. And even then prepare for an console-only crossplay/crossave possibility due to the content frequency whining and high cert prices.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

1 hour ago, Yazeedhunter39 said:

Since warframe is coming to the Nintendo Switch, cross platform will happen as said . 

nope, DE never mention anything about cross platform access.. if it's like PS4 and Xbox, PC player will have a window to migrate their account over to Switch... 

32 minutes ago, hooperinius said:

So is it going to be a one-time account migration or will we be able to copy our account and then play on both PC and Switch? I'm probably getting the Switch but not sure I want to give up my PC account if that is part of the cross-realm copy.

As of now, yes, an account copy (and not a pure migration), and only from PC to Switch. PS4 and XBox, as far as I know, still have no news regarding that, and it seems unlikely they'll allow if you ask me.

38 minutes ago, hooperinius said:

So is it going to be a one-time account migration or will we be able to copy our account and then play on both PC and Switch? I'm probably getting the Switch but not sure I want to give up my PC account if that is part of the cross-realm copy.

They will basically copy over your current account to the Switch.

From that point onwards, you essentially have two different accounts that are independent, have their own progression and can't interact.

On 2018-10-20 at 8:12 PM, hooperinius said:

I want to play both on PC and PS4

1 minute ago, Yazeedhunter39 said:

I want to play both on PC and PS4

And you can do that. You just have to make a new account on PS4.
Then you can play on both consoles with different accounts. Having the same account on both platforms sharing your progress... that's won't happen anytime soon.