Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons essential functions QoL change.

Ada_Wong_SG

I suppose as we level up a weapon, basics like reload speed and holster rate 
would naturally increase in speed as we get more familiar and proficient at using a weapon.

Fire Rate on Semi Auto weapons would increase as well, since this is largely got to do with proficiency 
than being a cyclic rate which is weapon's functionality.

Throwing in forma might further improve a weapon's reload speed, holster rate and semi auto fire rate, 

This would make a lot of weapons more desirable, namely the sniper rifles with long reload time.
as well as dual pistols which typically when you have something 2 - 3 seconds to reload people would just strap a reload speed mod to it.

Basic mods function like Fast Hands 30% and Quick Draw's 48% reload speed improvement
could be not overshadowed, the innate reload speed improvement would go like 20% for rifle and maybe 30% on pistols

which just barely make us cringe on the long reload time weapons that would be annoying to waste a reload speed mod on.

The swap time will also improve as we level up a weapon, just so kind of like part of Speed Holster mod's effect apply.

We can still go for super fast reload and cowboy's speed draw response time with mods,
just that without reload speed and holster rate the weapons is less likely to have major negativity.

Handling like reload speed and semi auto fire rate, as well as swap speed, it is a matter of familiarity rather than functional change to a weapon

This might make Fortuna more fun

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

No, simply because we don't need it. Stop trying to come up with excuses and 'fixes' because you're putting mods that doesn't affect the dmg directly, it's just sad at this point. These stats balance out weapons as well

newsflash, if a mod improves a weapon and makes it usable to you, it's not a 'wasted' mod slot, it's doing it's job, you just want to skip that because why not

Also, you presume that Warframes aren't already proficient with weapons when it comes to reloading them and shooting with them faster here. Even if they do and these stats buffs happen, what'll happen when you reach that point and just not use the weapon for a long time, do they disappear? 

Again, very redundant. If you don't want to waste a mod slot, then don't and deal with the consequences 

27 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

No, simply because we don't need it. Stop trying to come up with excuses and 'fixes' because you're putting mods that doesn't affect the dmg directly, it's just sad at this point. These stats balance out weapons as well

newsflash, if a mod improves a weapon and makes it usable to you, it's not a 'wasted' mod slot, it's doing it's job, you just want to skip that because why not

Also, you presume that Warframes aren't already proficient with weapons when it comes to reloading them and shooting with them faster here. Even if they do and these stats buffs happen, what'll happen when you reach that point and just not use the weapon for a long time, do they disappear? 

Again, very redundant. If you don't want to waste a mod slot, then don't and deal with the consequences 

Seriously from the way I see the warframes reloads the guns they seems amateur at doing so.
Which might be why you earn mastery points for leveling up because it is considered learning a new weapon.

The speed at which weapons is holstered and equipped is even ridiculously slow.

We are already tied with the frustration of Mandatory mods, 
I am trying to free up some mod slots here by putting some of the things
to be passive buff, also this is across the board so every player gets the buff once they level the weapons up.

If you have any better suggestion to deal with the mandatory mods and the current situation 
for improvements I would like to see it.

15 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Only if the end stats are the weapons current stats. Why? Your additions would be a disaster for game balance.

I really don't understand the point of "balance" when this is mainly a PVE game, those weapons perform against enemies, not fellow players.

As I mentioned the buff is going to be universal and all players get it, so the entire balance shifts and not limiting to one or two weapons.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

10 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I really don't understand the point of "balance" when this is mainly a PVE game, those weapons perform against enemies, not fellow players.

As I mentioned the buff is going to be universal and all players get it, so the entire balance shifts and not limiting to one or two weapons.

You do not have to understand it. But imbalances left unchecked can lead to players getting driven away because they feel forced into a meta. That leads to people abandoning the game and from there it could turn into a downwards spiral. 

So its in the devs interest to keep outliers in check.

12 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

You do not have to understand it. But imbalances left unchecked can lead to players getting driven away because they feel forced into a meta. That leads to people abandoning the game and from there it could turn into a downwards spiral. 

So its in the devs interest to keep outliers in check.

Currently we are forced to put in mandatory mods, without which weapons suffers significant performance drop
and the builds basically boils down to few working ones.

Build diversity diminished when going for anything practical.

Currently as it is, nothing changing is already driving players away because damage 2.5 is long overdue
Rivens is bandaid on a cracked pillar, might delay the collapse but a proper fix to address the issues is needed

A lot of players including me are just too stubborn to give up the current situation, endos, credits, rivens, 
not realizing that if things carry on as it is player retention rate can goes low and that is detrimental to the game's lifespan.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

This is all well within the entire point of mods. This is just asking for what exists, only more. 

2 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

nothing changing is already driving players away

Stats to back this, specific, claim up?

2 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Rivens is bandaid on a cracked pillar.

Rivens have literally nothing to do with what your topic is dealing with.

3 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

damage 2.5 is long overdue

Damage 2.5 was scuttled by the players and shelved for other things.

19 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Stats to back this, specific, claim up?

Look at your friend list, and the number of days your friends were actually offline for, you check for yourself.
or if you have been actively removing inactive friends from the list, how many you removed over the years ? 
those are dead accounts which players have move to other games.

Rivens have literally nothing to do with what your topic is dealing with.

Rivens was introduced upon scrapping of Damage 2.5

Damage 2.5 was scuttled by the players and shelved for other things.

23 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

A lot of players including me are just too stubborn to give up the current situation, endos, credits, rivens, 
not realizing that if things carry on as it is player retention rate can goes low and that is detrimental to the game's lifespan.

I am afraid we the players have played ourselves up quite well, we rejected changes and are now facing a content drought 
because system overhauls that could led to other game changes were not implemented, we tried to keep warframe as it is while also retaining 
older mechanics which already is undesirable a few years back, and expecting newer players to like it is not going to work very well ?

As part of my illustration with rivens, damage 2.0 has flaws, we knew it, yet we stick to it. 
It is alike we know the pillar in the house has a crack on it, but choose to put bandaid on than to fix the pillar.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Just now, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Look at your friend list, and the number of days your friends were actually offline for, you check for yourself.

Because Damage 2.5 isn't out? The specific thing I said? The same drop off in players that happens after literally every big release and goes back to and over the last one every time a big update comes?

1 minute ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Rivens was introduced upon scrapping of Damage 2.5

Correlation is not causation. The two aren't linked. Rivens were born in the time it was taking to go through the entire rebalance of weapons, to get you to use other weapons that don't have the best stats.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Correlation is not causation. The two aren't linked. Rivens were born in the time it was taking to go through the entire rebalance of weapons, to get you to use other weapons that don't have the best stats.

Damage 2.5 was about rebalance of weapons (removing mandatory mods and changing the damage system)

as such the entire weapon list gets a overhaul, which made people panic because their heavily formaed weapons could be rendered weaker
while other weapons which is not viewed as good get rebalanced to become stronger. (Exactly the purpose Rivens serve now)

With a proper Damage 2.5, Rivens need not be introduced, Rivens was introduced because the damage 2.0 is flawed
and Mastery Fodder tier weapons never see much use under such system. 

Weaker weapons are given higher disposition, which offset the current Meta that a few weapons is being stick to while 
the others are used as fodders.