Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Vigorous Swap] Revision

Rhamok

[Vigorous Swap] has a great concept, but it needs a buff, because I tried to use it for about 3 hours in a row, and I never felt satisfied with the performance of that mod.

The mod gives +100% holster speed and +165% damage for 3 seconds after swaping the weapon. Now, the thing is, I am the kind of person that tries to utilise the mods to their fullest, and that's why I was trying to keep the buff up at full time. Unfortunately, even with the added holster speed, I was wasting 1 second of that buff just for the weapon swap, then there is also a small delay until I can start shooting, and thats when I notice that I have just 1.5 or 2 seconds left to shoot (the difference in the remaining time for shooting is due to the internet connection performance. If you are the host, you have 2 seconds left to shoot, if you are not, you lose some of the benefit). The thing is, sometimes you just miss, sometimes your aim is not good enough and you just waste the buff, so you are forced to swap the weapon again. That is just a frustrating moment, and even though it happens rarely, it's still not a pleasant experience.

I would absolutely love if the [Vigorous Swap] gave an instant weapon switch in order to avoid weird pauses in a dynamic fight, or just up the buff time from 3 second to about 10 ( In a perfect world, both of these suggestions are implemented 😄 ). I have to also be open about it, I would tolerate if the mod would get a nerfed damage bonus in exchange to the instant swap and increased duration, I would not mind that at all!

Honestly, I am that kind of guy that likes to jump around and get headshots while in an Aim Glide. I love switching to melee (and not quick melee) when I feel that enemies are getting too close, because I like the animations of some stances. I love being active in Warframe, it makes me feel very good when I am efficient and stylish in the same time. That's why [Vigorous Swap] is the perfect mod in my opinion! Please, I beg you, make it work! I REALLY want my gameplay to be without disruptions...

Thanks a lot for your attention 🙂

You are using it wrong. If you want a longer buff on one weapon type (that's what your suggestions proposes) instead of swapping to a weapon and indeed losing 0.5-1 sec of the buff, you swap from a weapon and then back to the same weapon. The mod will proc twice. In a row. So, after making 2 instant swaps back to back, you will get the buff for 3 seconds and immediately afterwards another buff for the same 3 seconds. So 6 seconds total. On a double tap of the weapon swap button (or a macro).

8 hours ago, dorrino_miat said:

You are using it wrong. If you want a longer buff on one weapon type (that's what your suggestions proposes) instead of swapping to a weapon and indeed losing 0.5-1 sec of the buff, you swap from a weapon and then back to the same weapon. The mod will proc twice. In a row. So, after making 2 instant swaps back to back, you will get the buff for 3 seconds and immediately afterwards another buff for the same 3 seconds. So 6 seconds total. On a double tap of the weapon swap button (or a macro).

That techinique would do nothing but destroy the purpose of that mod. As I said, I love the concept of [Vigorous Swap] because it was created with the idea of using both secondary and primary weapon in the mission. This is exactly what makes this mod fun. While your suggestion does nothing but force you to use the same weapon in the mission but with an increased damage buff.

I don't want to swap a weapon and then imediatly swap back to the original one just because this ~cheats~ the duration of the buff (also that stops me from using my secondary). I want the fight to feel natural, I want it to be dynamic and fun! I want to use all of my weapons! 

8 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

We're going to have instant weapon switch when melee 3.0 hits I believe so the holster speed thing will probably get replaced.

In the Devstream they just showed that the "quick melee" is instant, and that, of course, is a great change, applies to nothing but "quick melee" though.
Sadly swapping between primary and secondary wasn't instant in that dev build... They didn't mention that they plan on changing that either, so, I think holster speed will still be a thing 😞

15 hours ago, Rhamok said:

In the Devstream they just showed that the "quick melee" is instant, and that, of course, is a great change, applies to nothing but "quick melee" though.
Sadly swapping between primary and secondary wasn't instant in that dev build... They didn't mention that they plan on changing that either, so, I think holster speed will still be a thing 😞

Hmm, well if it ends up being like that then at least it should work with quick melee so we get full benefit.

Vigourous swap is a good concept that failed with its implementation.

The only real use - outside some niche stly - was for exalted weapons but DE quickly patched that out.

Even if the bonus would be 3x-4x higher the chore it is to use wouldnt justify the use.

Currently the only solution would be to increase the duration to 10-12 sec (or 9 sec with instant swap) and move it to the exilus mod slot.

There is no build currently - i believe - that can sacrafice one of the 8 mod for this garbage. 😞

I'm actually using this mod because I'm gonna weapon platform Nyx with MK1-Braton and MK1-Furis to sorties without pizzas and operator stuff so I need all the crutch from mods I can get. But 3 seconds is just way too low, you can hit 2 enemies if you're fast and then have to swap weapons if you want the buff again. It's just not right, and I can say this because I actually used it max ranked.

There's a riven challenge where you have to shoot 3 airborne condrocs in 5 seconds. I've done that twice with Aklex with the condrocs on the beach, got it on first try both times. If 3 enemies takes 5 seconds, how many enemies are we supposed to kill in 3 seconds which is actually 2 or 1.5 seconds? 1-2, that's how many. That's just not good. I really wish DE would listen players fast on this one and make a simple little change of at least to 5 seconds from 3 so this mod wouldn't be such hot garbage compared to Adaptation.

Currently this is the only non-aura mod that increase weapon damage and is slotted in the warframe, instead of the weapon. (Ok, and Vigilante set bonuses as well).

For primaries, the buff provides ~62% damage increase (1.62 multiplier) if only serration is used and ~38% damage increase (1.38 multiplier) if heavy caliber is used along with serration.

You can weapon swap almost any time (besides during melee attack animation window) and swap back and forth is instant.

I struggle to find any mod on any loadout of any warframe that utilizes primary weapons as the major source of damage, that would be better than 62% more damage from this one.

This huge damage increase comes at the expense of the need to weapon swap each 6 sec. That's the trade off. You want to stay in one weapon longer - you don't use this mod. You are fine with a mild inconvenience for a hefty amount of damage increase (think eidolons, for instance)? You use this mod.

I already fitted it into my Nezha, Rhino and Trinity loadouts.

Edited by dorrino_miat