Jump to content
  • 0

can brakk get 100 percent status chance?


VonLawnmower
 Share

Question

I've rolled a brakk riven with +61.3% crit damage and +62.9% status chance. This is either mostly worthless, or the best roll I've ever gotten, depending on if this gets the brakk to 100% status chance. From what other forum posts have said, shotguns split the gun's status over the number of pellets, but this doesn't seem to be the entire formula (if it actually is, then with this riven, and the four dual stat status mods will get me to %68.493 status chance). This formula seems to be missing something, though, because a status build with only the dual stat mods gets the you to %91.1 status chance. Multishot seems to have an impact on status, but I don't know what it is. Seems to be more than simply giving a higher number of pellets to divide status chance over.

Some insight would be much appreciated: what is the formula for shotgun status chance? what's the impact of multishot? Is this riven worth anything?

Edited by VonLawnmower
title was showing "%" as "/" for some reason
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Let's do some maths with easy numbers

let's suppose you have 10% status chance on a 10 pellet shotguns, each pellet will have 1% status chance
if you have on the same shotgun 60% status chance, each pellet has 6% status chance
if you have 99% status chance, each pellet has 9,9% status chance
if you have 100% status chance, each pellet has 100% status chance

that's dumb? yes, but it's how shotguns works

and the 100% must be reached without multishot

 

edit about your edit:
i think you can't use some symbols in the title, because the title is also part of the url of the post, so some symbols can break it

Edited by Fiftycentis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Multishot is weird in the way it affects shotgun status, because all it does is add more pellets with the same status chance as each of the other individual pellets, but the UI adds that status in instead of re-averaging as it should.

Personally, I think it should just show status-per-pellet on all weapons with innate multishot, so as to avoid this particular issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
30 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

Let's do some maths with easy numbers

let's suppose you have 10% status chance on a 10 pellet shotguns, each pellet will have 1% status chance
if you have on the same shotgun 60% status chance, each pellet has 6% status chance
if you have 99% status chance, each pellet has 9,9% status chance
if you have 100% status chance, each pellet has 100% status chance

that's dumb? yes, but it's how shotguns works
 

The logic behind it is actually quite simple.

When you mod a weapon with +status chance mods (before multishot is factored in), what you are actually doing is raising the aggregate chance for a single proc per trigger pull. If you get that number to 99%, then as long as you get at least one proc 99% of the times you pull the trigger, the game has done its job, so it only increases the chance per pellet to aggregate chance/innate multishot count to achieve this. However, if you get that aggregate chance up to 100%, then the game runs into a problem. If it gives each pellet a 99.9999999999999% status chance, you still might not get a status proc with 100% of the trigger pulls, so it has to put all pellets at 100%.

This is why a weapon with innate multishot of 10 will average one proc per shot at ~67% Status chance.

Ok, maybe it isn't as simple as I thought, but it is at least logical. The reason it jumps to 100% SC/pellet is to avoid the reality of RNG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Fiftycentis said:

Let's do some maths with easy numbers

let's suppose you have 10% status chance on a 10 pellet shotguns, each pellet will have 1% status chance

Stopped reading there. That's not how it works at all.

The displayed status chance is the chance of at least one proc assuming all pellets hit. So a 10% status chance for a 10-pellet shotgun would mean that (if all pellets hit) there's a 90% chance that zero procs will happen-- i.e. a 98.952% failure rate per pellet (since 0.98952^(10 pellets) = 0.90), which translates to a 1.048% status chance per pellet. Which is obviously close to your "1% status chance", but this similarity completely falls apart as status chance increases.

The math is exactly the same for all status chances. The change in shotgun behaviour between 99.0% SC (36.9% per pellet, for our 10-pellet shotgun), 99.990% SC (60.2% per pellet) and 100.0% SC (100.0% per pellet) is sudden, but not discontinuous.

 

EDIT: To answer OP's questions:

  • Multishot does not affect status chance per pellet. It only increases status chance per shot (i.e. the displayed number in your Arsenal), since more pellets = more chances to proc.
  • The only way to increase the status chance per pellet is with +StatusChance mods. If you wanted to find the status chance per pellet without having to think about math and stuff, you could plug some numbers into this formula:

Status Chance per Pellet = 1 - 10log10(1 - StatusChancePerShot) / NumberOfPellets),
                                         = 1 - (1 - StatusChancePerShot)(1 / NumberOfPellets).

Just be aware the "StatusChancePerShot" displays as a rounded number in your arsenal window. For example, if your shotgun has 99.95% SC after multishot, then your arsenal window might display this as "100.0% SC"-- which is VERY different, and VERY misleading.

  • Brakk has a 17% SC. In order to hit 100% SC, your Brakk needs around +489% Status Chance from mods. This is, uh, completely impossible even with rivens.
Edited by SortaRandom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...