Can we please have Mag Umbra with Fortuna

cheliel

“Mag” will be buzzing again when Fortuna comes.

Can we add a prime unvault, rework or even a Mag Umbra release to magnetize it all? 

As a set I suggest a ninja kimono costume, a kodachi with special mechanic like Skiajati (?), and a parasol projectile rifle fit for magnetize.  

Now that Fortuna is near, let Mag be just around the corner.

GG and TYTY

You do know that Fortuna is set to release in a matter of a few weeks, right? And you do know that De has already spoken about everything they could about Umbras and what to expect of it, yes? Also, do you know how much time the creation of a frame takes? I advise searching the forums, reddits, etc. to catch up to speed on events tbh. Best luck for Fortuna! 

Just now, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

You do know that Fortuna is set to release in a matter of a few weeks, right? And you do know that De has already spoken about everything they could about Umbras and what to expect of it, yes? Also, do you know how much time the creation of a frame takes? I advise searching the forums, reddits, etc. to catch up to speed on events tbh. Best luck for Fortuna! 

They know, Chel is somewhat irrationally attached to Mag.

Which I'm sure seems a bit rich coming from me.

It does not have to come by Fortuna, just near or somehow linked to it like Revenant

Since the Chimera frame is prolly the one officially tied to its release like its Gara 

But yes if anyone has a kodachi special kunoichi mechanic idea I’d like to hear it too

6 minutes ago, cheliel said:

It does not have to come by Fortuna, just near or somehow linked to it like Revenant

Since the Chimera frame is prolly the one officially tied to its release like its Gara 

But yes if anyone has a kodachi special kunoichi mechanic idea I’d like to hear it too

Well if I'm going to be honest I wouldn't mind, even if I don't really use her often. If what I believe in is correct, it's either the 8 original frames to get an Umbra (Less likely but guaranteed Mag if so), or by frame role/type. We already have a sort of DPS/CC frame (Excal), so we need a support, healer, etc. To which Mag is also a good choice. I guess we'll see what the future holds for us. Could be an entirely different criteria too.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

11 minutes ago, cheliel said:

I doubt it will. Umbras are very lore heavy characters, they'd likely be included only in main questlines, at least for the first few.

12 minutes ago, cheliel said:

Spoilers:

'Chimera' is a reference to Ballas. He's half Orokin, half Sentient. There's not really a Chimera frame to speak of. That's why the recent update was called Chimera. Just like how the Apostasy prologue dealt with Marghulis and the Lotus, this one dealt with Ballas so it was named appropriately.

I'm pretty sure there's no frame coming with Fortuna. Garuda will be coming not long after and I think they said that this will be the one that is linked to it.

A beautiful Orokin technician falls for a sentry of another warrior class.

They sacrificially drink a serum that turns both of them into Warframes. 

Umbra Mag and special guest Umbro Rhino in ‘All is fair in Love and Warframe’ Quest 

4 hours ago, Elkale said:

Whatever they do to her umbra, please dont let it interfere with her pneuma skin. Its one of the best skins ever done!

As you can see by my chosen glyph, I wholeheartedly agree!!

Mag is already pretty great!  She's my go-to for anything high-level - Arbitration, Sorties, Endless Axi

I wouldn't want them to mess with her abilities at all...unless they added Fracturing Crush without having to use the augment.  That'd be pretty kewl.  Better armor would be much appreciated!! 

Edited by withinmyself
Correct spelling.

5 hours ago, stormy505 said:

tbh i thought umbra was made because excal prime was for founders only. 

He was, but like the rest of the world was going to sit idly by while China got the second iteration (mostly visually superior version) of Excalibur Prime!

Truth be told, creating prime/umbra Warframe's isn't nearly as time consuming as designing a completely new warframe from scratch.  No rigging is necessary, no new body mesh, and new animations are rare and probably exclusive to Umbra.  New helmet, staple some small doodads to the model,  create a new skin, and perform some number tweaks.  They really could pump them out on a monthly basis if they wanted to, easy.  And I do think they'll consider activating the boosters on umbra production after Fortuna just to get a few options out there, as they come with the unique function of acting like a (much cooler looking) spectre and maybe a unique modification on an ability or abilities, like Excal U's Radial Roar replacing Radial Blind, but being functionally similar at its core.  Having it be just Excalibur U at the moment is a bit of a shame.

The Tau polarities I'm expecting to be made more widely available to all frames through a special forma.  

...But seriously, Excal P, Mag P, and Frost P need an aesthetic design touch up - they're the only primes without physical additions/changes ("Prime details") to their model, basically making them simple re-skins, and Lotus knows Frosty P needs help convincing everyone he's a prime at all.

Edited by Littleman88

I'm not sure we'll have other Umbra frames, mostly because Excal Umbra was a special lore-heavy case, I can't imagine Ballas made many other like him.

Now the Helminth room for example, who's to say that won't be used in the future to possibly umbrafy our warframes. I think that'd be an interesting alternative.

Or they could just say screw the plot and make other Umbra frames that aren't tied to the story, doesn't really bother me. I just hope the helminth room gets SOME use in the future other than being a glorified anti space-AIDS chair

2 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

He was, but like the rest of the world was going to sit idly by while China got the second iteration (mostly visually superior version) of Excalibur Prime!

Truth be told, creating prime/umbra Warframe's isn't nearly as time consuming as designing a completely new warframe from scratch.  No rigging is necessary, no new body mesh, and new animations are rare and probably exclusive to Umbra.  New helmet, staple some small doodads to the model,  create a new skin, and perform some number tweaks.  They really could pump them out on a monthly basis if they wanted to, easy.  And I do think they'll consider activating the boosters on umbra production after Fortuna just to get a few options out there, as they come with the unique function of acting like a (much cooler looking) spectre and maybe a unique modification on an ability or abilities, like Excal U's Radial Roar replacing Radial Blind, but being functionally similar at its core.  Having it be just Excalibur U at the moment is a bit of a shame.

The Tau polarities I'm expecting to be made more widely available to all frames through a special forma.  

...But seriously, Excal P, Mag P, and Frost P need an aesthetic design touch up - they're the only primes without physical additions/changes ("Prime details") to their model, basically making them simple re-skins, and Lotus knows Frosty P needs help convincing everyone he's a prime at all.

if they do add umbras to more frames in the future i would prefer if they did it when the tau system drops and more sentients are in the game. would make a lot more sense then having mag umbra drop with fortuna

I understand your feeling, Cheliel. I too, was also in love of Mag. I'm a Mag main. And i also wanted Umbra mag to get released soon. But probably not so soon despite they had Fortuna and other feature coming first. But Umbra mag will be a thing, we'll just have to wait and see. Patiently.

9 hours ago, stormy505 said:

if they do add umbras to more frames in the future i would prefer if they did it when the tau system drops and more sentients are in the game. would make a lot more sense then having mag umbra drop with fortuna

Yeah see... I'm thinking that's still a bit of a ways off at the moment.  I trust we'll get a Mars landscape next, complete with primary craftable weapons, and then after that?  Probably a huge freaking "library" in the void to craft our own Warframes, or a Lua landscape.

And finally, it's not going to go over well with players if the only viable frames in the Tau system outside of the meta nukers are Umbras because of their polarities.

In short, I expect the Tau polarity to be widely available to all frames somehow at some point before we end up going to Tau, and there's still one more planet begging for a landscape.

Edited by Littleman88

9 hours ago, stormy505 said:

I would agree with you, but knowing DE there's 2 things to consider:

1. They already said there would be more Umbras, although not for all frames;
  2. It seems they only come in cinematic quests (Or so I deduce from the bits I see from Chimera. Pls don't spoil me even if I'm wrong, I'll find out eventually)
  3. DE releases stuff in chunks, meaning the Tau system might be released in the course of years. Assuming the Sentient Outpost will be located in the Sol System (It is an outpost after all) it might serve as a gateway into Tau, where let's say we might get the planets/nodes/locations/whatever piece by piece.

These are my theories given what I know from the game, I might be dead wrong as well seeing how DE tends to surprise the player base with their big ambitions...