how to improve riven limit capacity

mikakor

So, it's now know that if Rivens have an hard limit that you can't bypass in your inventory, it's because of EACH SINGULAR VARIATION of each different mod for every different weapons. all these "91.6%, 44.9%...."  must take a lot... but i was wondering. would it helps the riven limit system, if for exemple the numbers were fix, rather than random?

Like a stats can only go by number of 5? exemple : 80%, 85%, 90%... or even only by one. 98%,99%, 100%, 101%.... which would normally take out a LOT of the variations created by the decimal numbers, no?

i'm not doing any sort of programing, i'm just wondering if this would help the riven stockage capacity and allows the player to get more riven.

DE knows is hacky. They likely know of many other ways it could have been implemented in time. Most of the time its quick and dirty because they have no idea how popular a system might be. Really, its due for a overhaul as it seems its popular enough to cause a massive fraudulent plat epidemic.

1 hour ago, Ghogiel said:

You would be changing a float to an int at the least so I suppose it would do something in terms of data size.

Aren't the typical float and int variables both 32-bit?

What are the odds DE are out on the industry fringes (as the case may be) with 2 byte ints?

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

So, it's now know that if Rivens have an hard limit that you can't bypass in your inventory, it's because of EACH SINGULAR VARIATION of each different mod for every different weapons. all these "91.6%, 44.9%...."  must take a lot... but i was wondering. would it helps the riven limit system, if for exemple the numbers were fix, rather than random?

Like a stats can only go by number of 5? exemple : 80%, 85%, 90%... or even only by one. 98%,99%, 100%, 101%.... which would normally take out a LOT of the variations created by the decimal numbers, no?

i'm not doing any sort of programing, i'm just wondering if this would help the riven stockage capacity and allows the player to get more riven.

With Databases, there's also query times. The more times you hit the database looking for 'X' thing, the worse your 'performance' (for want of a better word).

DE do have a solution that already exists, i believe Steve has said as much. But implementing it has never stuck. Unfortunately, it sounds like its the kind of thing you schedule around what the server is going to be doing. So planned Server downtime, which is very infrequent and may only occur once or twice a year (maybe?).