Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Rework

Lior55

After the Devstream, I thought the proposed changes were interesting. I wanted to see if I could put ideas out there to add to it.

New proposed Passive: I liked it.

1. is fine. It should be amazing with Mind freak and an AI companion rework lol

2. The Debuff idea is great, but what if she absorbed the buffs into herself? Debuffing the enemy would give her High Overshields, High Armor, and/or the Aura buff. Armor and Overshields cap is based off Power Strength.

3. fine.

4. What I propose is, after they change the numbers and the damage type of Absorb, allow the radius of the bubble to grow to a capped amount (1.5x maybe) as it builds up and allow us to walk like with Assimilate.

Change Assimilate to an toggled aura that makes herself and allies nearby invulnerable, but she's stationary upon activation as waves emit out of her. Enemies that walk into the aura suffer damage over time based off the damage dealt rather than exploding.

She can still use her abilities with both the default and the augment.

I've played Nyx for 5 years and didn't really think she needed a rework but their proposed changes seem okay.

Her 1st ability buff is okay. I always found it mostly Utility and I've doubts one unit will make a dramatic difference but at least it'll work with her new 2nd ability to actually be able to kill armored enemies. Arson Eximus were already fun to Control for the fire wave but if their rockets actually kill things. Cool.

I'm curious what will happen with the Rad proc on her 2nd as that was actually important to counter Nullifiers. It would also be nice if they fixed the animation conflict with her 2nd augment that causes enemies to become un-stunned if another animation effect occurs like an Impact proc or Blast. Her 2nd augment is good; long as you don't use a weapon with any Impact which is kinda fine? I'm a bit worried the debuff will be Strength based but hopefully base armor per hit like and not total armor unable to stack, making her unable to reasonably strip armor unless you hit a certain power strength threshold.

Far as her Passive. I've yet to see a situation where -% Accuracy actually has a notable benefit so I kinda don't know if that's better than her current one, esp when she can spam the heck out of her 2nd with Energize sets and also because stray shots are kinda worse when enemies are shooting at each other. With her current passive, usually about 50% of the enemies are disarmed and that seems better still.

12 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I've played Nyx for 5 years and didn't really think she needed a rework but their proposed changes seem okay.

Same here. Ship it. 

13 hours ago, Lior55 said:

The Debuff idea is great, but what if she absorbed the buffs into herself? Debuffing the enemy would give her High Overshields, High Armor, and/or the Aura buff. Armor and Overshields cap is based off Power Strength.

I wouldn't complain, but I think that might be a bit much. Keep in mind that Nyx build usually run less than 100% when it comes to power strength. This could get messy, a la Nova and power strength. 

13 hours ago, Lior55 said:

Change Assimilate to an toggled aura that makes herself and allies nearby invulnerable, but she's stationary upon activation as waves emit out of her. Enemies that walk into the 

Not only no, but hell no. I've had enough of toggles and the concomitant energy follies. Moreover it would ruin the tactical flexibility that Assimilate gives her. Whether Assimilate should be an organic part of Absorb is arguable, but this is simply muddying the water when things work fine as they are presently. 

37 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok so the AI improvements for companions isn’t going to affect Minions. 

True, hence minions should BE actual companions... no duration, mod support and companion level stats/damage. Configure in arsenal (like Venari) - mind control in mission - have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
To change / augment NYX abilities: 1 the power of the mind, enslaving the enemy NYX gets full control over him (the enemy becomes a temporary ally of the Tenno, as in the case of barking from Venari) You can switch between attack, defense, hold 1, you can activate suicide (kamikaze) 2; psionic charges changed to burst beetles (which allows you to reflect a few enemies) 3 chaos is the same as 1 (or when activated chaos freezes all enemies) (you can choose to attack {you don't see a bullet or explosion near you deals damage} or" quiet " enemies do something that makes you not notice how with Loki's invisibility And at the end of the timer they explode, (or at least go crazy ) Absorption can not touch

If i got this right the new passive would be a random chance for enemies to miss, and this would only apply to Nyx?

Unless this is gonna be really potent for Nyx (say an absurd 50% chance, like that would ever happen) or a weaker teamwide buff its gonna be worse than the disarm.

Disarmed enemies obvisously cant shoot you or your team which neuters Corpus/Grineer damage in a huge way. Then they gotta run up to other enemies to smack em which often distracts those enemies.Often you end up with clusters of enemies smacking each other which means they dont go for objectives and dps frames can mop em up more easily. So this is gonna be changed to a probably piddly chance that enemies might miss only myself? Do not want

Change to 1 i dunno? Some extra damage for mind controlled enemies? I mostly use it to get Bursas and Eximuses outta the way, the damage is a bonus. Dont know about other people but for me Nyx is a pure CC frame, others can do damage better. Just integrate mind freak into it or something 😛

Change to 2? Armor stripping or whotsit? Gotta admit dont use it much if at all, so im ready to be pleasantly surprised. If its gonna be power based its gonna be hard to integrate into my build, need that corrupted mod range and efficiency for chaos spam >:O

3 and 4 are fine

Nope, and nope to the suggestions. She shouldn't be a non-spell based tank with siphoning, she's more like a nimble warrior who can go meditate and absord damage from time to time instead of turning beefy with buffs. And Assimilate is cool as an augment as it is, its not required to make it baseline stuff and give another power. If you need some big range afk farmframes, there are plenty already, so adding more range on her 4 is also degrading her uniqueness.
However, i would add something to her Absord, as an addition:
The whole detonation range, and stuff should stay at it is, however, it should have a secondary effect:
From Detonation range up to Chaos's max range, she should taunt her enemies to move towards her in a buffed movement speed.
Shooting is unaffected, so the people target enemies and shoot freely while moving, and also they move freely if they move inside the 10 meter radius of Chaos.

Why?
The only and the biggest two problem with Nyx atm, are:
1. She's slowing down missions, since enemies tend to stay where they are instead of comming out, so they spread, and become harder to find.
2. Her two is weak and pointless, but they'll fix that with the rework 

If they change their 2 to turn down auras on eximuses, gathering enemies to herself would be nice, since it doesnt means instantly draining herself off of energy due to auras. It would synergize with her Chaos, since they are collected into a bulk, where they start a mosh-pit. So she could be something that is not the tenth "grow the range to keep the harm away" type of aoe damage dealer frame, instead something like a "turn off harming auras, so they are good to come close for me and others to do things with them" type, which would make her more unique. Something like a negative powerstrength Nova combined with an octavia mallet+resonator, but balanced with not having a jack of trade taunt closeby like them with auras spreading around, just a moshpit, where friends and foes are also targets to enemies, but auras are off. Also she would have some more value in team compositions, such as taunting enemies into a revenant macabre, or chroma effigy, or some smaller aoe dps stuffs. Or emergency save cryopods, taunting enemies off of it.

I would also buff Assimilate/add another type of augment to Absord, which would adds a bit of energy to Nyx after each enemies dieing near her (blast radius) while she channels her 4. Just a bit of a sustain on her 4 to be able to keep up while channeling.

Edited by Kilences