Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Predators of the Plains (Plains of Eidolon add on)

(PSN)Grizz-Lee1

predators of the Plains would add more wild life like large land Predators birds of prey and grazing animals to hunt. With targets assigned by Master Teasonai you can only hunt with his Spears and bows and other tribal type weapons that he sells to preserve The Pelts and organs. 

Mission requirements:

Must reach the rank of Kin with the Ostron

Speak to Master Teasonai and purchase  blue prints for a hunters bow and or spear for 1000 Ostron each. ( blue prints for stronger weapons of these type may be purchased later upon reaching a higher rank of Hunter.) Bows focus more on accuracy Spears power.

Master Teasonai Dialogue: "Tenno the plains were once teaming with life. Beasts of the wild both  large and small. But then the Grineer came and spread across the plains like a wild fire the creaters fled from their fire and fumes. but it would appear that your efforts to cull their hold on the Plains is working. My fellow hunters have seen sighs of the beasts return." 

Still working on Animal types but I imagine very dangerous creatures large birds of prey or bat like creatures, big cats, rampaging herbivores both day time and nocturnal creatures. Cave dellers and maybe even some large burrowers. The new resources they'll drop like pelts, bones, and organs will be harvested to make custom armors and weapons with a Ostron tribal theme. 

Any input on suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Feel free to post any artwork or Concepts of any Eidolon planes wildlife that you can think of.

Edited by (PS4)Grizz-Lee1
Rewording

i like the idea. With fortuna getting various animals and a form of hunting and preservation, i think the plains should get a bit of an update to "keep up". we heard Steve say he wants to rework the the plains lighting/visuals with tech they used to create the Orb Vallis so maybe they're willing to go back and add new content too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-22 at 8:45 PM, Phyrak said:

Something I wrote along a similar line some months ago.

Wow! There's a lot of details there love the concept and the reward mechanics you came up with. Definitely see the similarities in our ideas I definitely think something like this would keep players on the plains and add a bit of depth to such a big basically unused space.

On 2018-10-21 at 2:27 PM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

I like this but if de creates big cats.....

Ill want one as a pet so bad, i could imagine 1 looking like a saber tooth tiger but alien like, omg 💙

15 hours ago, (PS4)Grizz-Lee1 said:

Wow! There's a lot of details there love the concept and the reward mechanics you came up with. Definitely see the similarities in our ideas I definitely think something like this would keep players on the plains and add a bit of depth to such a big basically unused space.

I spent a good few months digging through ideas for progression, reward and giving a meaning to playing slowly in a game like this - also with the help of some friends to meter it in a little when I take a step too far

• 2 weeks later...

It's a pain to see all the unused space in the Plains. Hunting would definitely help. I imagine adding different type of wild kubrows and kavats shouldn't be to hard. Maybe add a taming mechanic. 

A giant kubrow and kavat distorted by sentient energy that comes out at night would also be nice. Maybe a giant infested wild helminth charger that spwans during Plague Star event would also add variety.