How do I not get instakilled by the Hydrolyst?

Oorslavich

Question

Basically the title. Most times I can make it through teralyst and gantulyst without dying, but all too often I just get instakilled over and over by the hydrolyst. I know to dodge the rain cloud/puddle areas, but sometimes they hit you outside their indicated range.

That's not the main issue though. Something else is one shotting me, but I don't even know what it is, let alone how to avoid it.

If someone could enlighten me as to what the hell is happening, that'd be great. 

3 answers to this question

What’s killing you is likely the magnetic shockwaves the Hydrolyst releases periodically, not to be confused with the waves it releases once it’s downed from a broken part. They do extremely high damage, enough to easily kill a frame with average health and armor.

The most common cause of said waves is from the large green orbs formed after the Hydrolyst stomps. These can be shot down with any rapid fire weapon. The secondary cause is a broken part, from which the Hydrolyst will release the wave occasionally.

I’ve found going into operator mode as soon as I’m hit with a magnetic proc usually saves me if I haven’t been paying attention enough to the orbs.

5 minutes ago, Oorslavich said:

Basically the title. Most times I can make it through teralyst and gantulyst without dying, but all too often I just get instakilled over and over by the hydrolyst. I know to dodge the rain cloud/puddle areas, but sometimes they hit you outside their indicated range.

That's not the main issue though. Something else is one shotting me, but I don't even know what it is, let alone how to avoid it.

If someone could enlighten me as to what the hell is happening, that'd be great. 

you may be being struck by lightning, keep moving and watch out for the pulse that occurs before the strike

otherwise, occasionally, you will see a set of clouds float slowly into the air around the hydrolyst. you have to destroy these with gunfire because if you dont they detonate when at max height and they hurt BAD

2 minutes ago, OmegaZero633 said:

What’s killing you is likely the magnetic shockwaves the Hydrolyst releases periodically, not to be confused with the waves it releases once it’s downed from a broken part. They do extremely high damage, enough to easily kill a frame with average health and armor.

The most common cause of said waves is from the large green orbs formed after the Hydrolyst stomps. These can be shot down with any rapid fire weapon. The secondary cause is a broken part, from which the Hydrolyst will release the wave occasionally.

I’ve found going into operator mode as soon as I’m hit with a magnetic proc usually saves me if I haven’t been paying attention enough to the orbs.

Ahh ok, that makes sense.