Can something be done about AFKers in Index?

FrostDragoon

well if they were absolutely still being AFK does not allow them to have rewards 

though your best off reporting them for AFK/leaching and show proof take pictures ect and include them in the report 

then idk add them to your ignore list 

i dont really do index often or even less in pubs so idk what to tell you but i did give you a general idea of what id do 

I often play Nova/Banshee in Index, I have 0 kills and 0 points and also "hide" on top of the map (screenshot of that location would help), that's kinda my job there. It's important to mention the frame they're using and actually see for yourself that they aren't doing anything, not just assume it from their score/location.

All you can do is ignore and move on (maybe report with an evidence, if you have time).

1 час назад, Raskolnikow сказал:

Sure he wasnt Umbra? Its one of the best dps there but its kills dont show on stat screen so it looks like someones afking but in fact he might have had most kills

Correction: Umbra might have had most kills, player was probably still afk.

In my experience they are even less usefull then 20+ points Rhino hoarders are.

I've seen Nova stay by energy source... He was casting slow on all the enemies making them much easier to kill. 

In fact I wish more people would stop fighting for the points. If there's a nezha with 10 points flying around him, the Excalibur should stop trying to pick up points, etc. 

I don't need to see an equinox or Nova picking up points or killing things, just spam those abilities please, that is sufficient. 

So unless you can assure us that the person was not ever casting debuffs, you can't know that they were afk. And the last thing that we need is to force people to pick up points so they're not marked afk. It's already hard enough to get through people's thick skulls to let one or two people accumulate ~15+ points instead of each person hoarding 5 for no reason (and then dying omg). 

So your stats screen shows around 45 kills total. That's not enough to score you 100 points. The "afk" person was probably playing Umbra or Equinox and having their frame/clone get kills. If you're in Operator form when your clone gets a kill, it doesn't count toward the score. I play afk Equinox in Index and get top kills the vast majority of times. I had to stop keeping myself safe in Operator form just so my kills would show and people like you can stop whining. 

Next time, take a screenshot that shows how many deaths each of the enemies had compared to how many kills your team got. If your team got 40 kills but the enemies died 70 times, then Umbra got 30 kills that didn't show up. Also during the game, look in the killfeed at the bottom. If it shows an enemy was killed but doesn't show the name for who killed him, then it's one of your teammates in Operator form. 

Edited by 420-chan

12 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Probably just trying to evade the stationary AFK penalty.

They don't need to do that to avoid AFKs. Also you specifically said that they had 0 kills and 0 points. But the screenshot says everyone got at least a kill. 

I've seen people get most of the kills and bank 0 points, or bank most of the points with zero kills.