Jump to content

This Game mechanic SUCKS!!


(PSN)EnjoyAbyss
 Share

Recommended Posts

I never understood why can farm Frost and Ember, but not Inaros and Mirage. Why does having an actual story quest make it impossible to farm the frame that I want? It really annoys me not having an extra Inaros for me to test some builds on. Can someone (Devs would be preferred) explain why this is so?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely won't get a dev response with a title like that and your general attitude. Also there are reasons, I don't know how good or bad those reasons are but they exist. (That's pretty much the answer you're going you get)

Edited by Sajochi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As close as I can recall, its to make quest gear seem more rare and valuable; if someone wants a copy, they need to spend platinum. Some quest items just can never be reclaimed if scrapped for instance. Many though are pretty solid options so few would want to scrap them but it does happen. Insight into their continued existence, when it has often been the reason for requests to replay quest missions - not understanding it wouldn't re-give the rewards - and while the feature to replay quests for refreshment reasons has been added, quest items are still quest items and one-time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, (PS4)EnjoyAbyss said:

I never understood why can farm Frost and Ember, but not Inaros and Mirage. Why does having an actual story quest make it impossible to farm the frame that I want? It really annoys me not having an extra Inaros for me to test some builds on. Can someone (Devs would be preferred) explain why this is so?

maybe DE didnt thought about quest frames at the beginning and had the idea later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Or just wait for prime version (which is much more easy to acquire without spending any platinum).

Of course, that is a valid strategy if one gets rid of their warframes or weapons anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It could be that they saw how many parts were being sold of the first generation of Frames from constantly farming and compared that to how many people actually made more versions or bought them with plat. 

With the next gen, they decided if you want another one, gotta get the plat or wait for the Prime. And we know some players scrap the regular version for the Prime once they come out. 

DE has many stats they look at while we the player only look at things from our side and then crymoan about how it is unfair to us that *___________* is unfair. 

You want that 2nd Frame, interact with TradeFrame and get the plat to buy it OR buy it with purchased plat. Either way, you are helping the game to keep going and that is always a good thing 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)EnjoyAbyss said:

I never understood why can farm Frost and Ember, but not Inaros and Mirage. Why does having an actual story quest make it impossible to farm the frame that I want? It really annoys me not having an extra Inaros for me to test some builds on. Can someone (Devs would be preferred) explain why this is so?

Ehh I dont know If you noticed but each frame has 3 loudouts A B anc C and same goes for appearance..... So why do you need another frame for testing while you can just switch those loadouts and your old one is still there and safe... (And I dont think there is any frame that needs more than 3 of these so ... what do you need the same frame twice exactly?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, butka1998 said:

Ehh I dont know If you noticed but each frame has 3 loudouts A B anc C and same goes for appearance..... So why do you need another frame for testing while you can just switch those loadouts and your old one is still there and safe... (And I dont think there is any frame that needs more than 3 of these so ... what do you need the same frame twice exactly?)

I have 4 Excal that each have the different polarity for the Aura. My first one will always be my QUEST frame and stays the same as when I got it.

There are some reasons to have more than one Frame- from wanting to see them with no Reactor on it and seeing how much you use skill instead of mods to Fashion Framing one while the others are for fighting to having multiples just to say you have the plat to get all the slots. 

Hek, the range of people goes from only having one Frame to people having all multiple times over...none are wrong and depends on the player way they want to play the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sleepuinox said:

I mean, I have 5 Equinox for focus farms and different builds.

I'm sure there are other reasons why someone would want to have more than one of the same frame.

Well thats not the most efficient way of doing that but OK. Tried using different weapons for this very reason? Thats how I get around having to swap lense or build another equinox. Yes equinox still gets a huge portion of the xp but so does the weapon. And alternative way are of course eidolons but I too do like equinox farm more.

 

2 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I have 4 Excal that each have the different polarity for the Aura. My first one will always be my QUEST frame and stays the same as when I got it.

There are some reasons to have more than one Frame- from wanting to see them with no Reactor on it and seeing how much you use skill instead of mods to Fashion Framing one while the others are for fighting to having multiples just to say you have the plat to get all the slots. 

Hek, the range of people goes from only having one Frame to people having all multiple times over...none are wrong and depends on the player way they want to play the game. 

Ok auras could be good point if you had problem fitting everything on ( if you have other things also polarised). With or without reactor??? Whaaat you cant do the math? (30 + aura). Using skill instead od mods? Simple unequip them or change to loadout B or C if you have them empty. I already told you there is the same system for fashion... each frame has A B C loadout even for fashion thats not connected to mod loadout so each frame can have 3 presets so only if you need 4 and more you need 2nd frame. And if you want to show you have plat then buy another Inaros.... if you want to so much... But I dont know how that shows you have plat SINCE NO ONE LOOKS AT YOUR PROFILE 99,9% of time.... 

Bottom line only valid point I read was aura causing not enough space really..... someone else mentioned focus farmimg these I accept and see as valid but others? Come on those sound like making excuses...

Edited by butka1998
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, butka1998 said:

-snip-

Efficient or not, it's how I play. 🤷‍♀️

People have different ways of doing things... if someone's playstyle differs from yours, that's perfectly okay. Whether or not you see their reasoning as "valid" is kinda irrelevant because well, you're not them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sleepuinox said:

Efficient or not, it's how I play. 🤷‍♀️

People have different ways of doing things... if someone's playstyle differs from yours, that's perfectly okay. Whether or not you see their reasoning as "valid" is kinda irrelevant because well, you're not them.

 

 Example your friend pays 20 times as much for stuff as he could and is having harder life but you shouldnt talk to him or offer him alternative because "you arent him"? You shouldnt try to offer better way if there is some because "you arent him"? So yeah in my eyes those points really werent vaild because they were just wastefull and being wastefull is quite a big problem in todays society but that doesnt belong here. (maybe bad example but setting is the same)

Also its not different playstyle but different inventory/item managment but thats just detail.

I didnt criticize your way just suggested that its not really the best way to do that and offered alternative.

9 hours ago, butka1998 said:

Well thats not the most efficient way of doing that but OK.

What you do with it is really up to you and I never forced it upon you. If you feel ofended then I am sorry but thats just you taking it personaly as I never intended to be rude or something.

Edited by butka1998
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if you want another one of the Quest Frames, you have to buy them of the Market.

As those quest that reward you with all the Blueprints are basically "here take that Frame and its quest for free" and isn't going to get DE any money for their Work I have no problem with more exemplars of those Frames costing Plat.

First rule of Warframe: Don't sell Quest Stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, butka1998 said:

-snip-

I'm not offended, so no worries there! 😊

I see your example, and yes it's fair to offer advice on what people could do... but they're going to do what they want to do in the end. I more or less meant that someone could want two frames just because they want them, and that's fine. There doesn't have to be any special reasoning behind it.

On the topic at hand though, I do agree with others that if you want more than one quest frame, you should spend the plat to get them. Specifically for reasons the poster above me mentioned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sleepuinox said:

I'm not offended, so no worries there! 😊

I see your example, and yes it's fair to offer advice on what people could do... but they're going to do what they want to do in the end. I more or less meant that someone could want two frames just because they want them, and that's fine. There doesn't have to be any special reasoning behind it.

On the topic at hand though, I do agree with others that if you want more than one quest frame, you should spend the plat to get them. Specifically for reasons the poster above me mentioned.

Torn on that one, since I actually did sell some of the frames before I knew better AND spend the plat to get them again later, but I guess I'll have to agree there...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

Torn on that one, since I actually did sell some of the frames before I knew better AND spend the plat to get them again later, but I guess I'll have to agree there...

I feel your pain! I haven't had enough motivation to rebuy Atlas or Gara yet, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...