Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game crashing

Ariel19_98

Question

I've made a full clean up on my PC and even boosted it with some programs and tutorials I found (I only watched one video and everything was fine), and I got so really happy when I could FINALLY enter and exit Cetus trought that door to the plains without the game crashing, and even enter Onkko's room. But I don't know why, it came back again. I can't enter Onkko's rooms, or re enter Cetus from the plains. The game just crashes. If I walk into Onkko's room FACING the door, the moment it starts opening, the game freezes and crashes. If I walk in with the camera turned away from the door, it will open, but if I STEP into the room, the game crashes.
And if I return from the Plains to Cetus, the moment the door in the city opens, BAM, crashing again. I don't know what to do anymore. I had it fixed, but a single update in the game broke everything. What do I do?
My pC is a windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @3.30 Ghz
4 GB of RAM memory.

The moment I enter the room or Cetus, my RAM consumption spikes to 1K for what I noticed
Please, help, I can't stand this anymore. When Fortuna arrive it will be the same thing, and I don't wanna lose all this game has to offer. I can't afford any upgrade to this PC, nor buy a new one

Edited by Ariel19_98

4 answers to this question

4 gb of ram is simply not enough these days, I'm sorry to say. I had to upgrade from 4gb to 8gb 3 or 4 years ago, since back in those days the game was optimized so poorly that I couldn't get into the relays or do any part of the Archwing quest without crashing. It seems like you've run into the same bottleneck, but this time with the Plains (which is much more demanding than relays ever were). Now I have 16 GB, which handles pretty much everything I have open comfortably.

The only thing I can recommend is closing quite literally everything else in the background while you run the game. Especially Google Chrome, if you have that installed. That program uses an absurd amount of RAM. Also, try to stay in Cetus instances that have very few other players in it, since I think that would reduce the RAM usage (Since you can't control which instance you load into when returning to Cetus from the Plains, it might be wise to return to your orbiter first).

Just for reference, according to Task Manager, my game uses around 2500 MB of RAM while idling in Cetus. That's more half the amount of the RAM you have in your system. Going out into the plains kicks it up to nearly 3000 MB, and it stays around that mark even after returning to Cetus. Of course, I'm playing on max graphics, so that probably makes a difference. 

10 hours ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

4 gb of ram is simply not enough these days, I'm sorry to say. I had to upgrade from 4gb to 8gb 3 or 4 years ago, since back in those days the game was optimized so poorly that I couldn't get into the relays or do any part of the Archwing quest without crashing. It seems like you've run into the same bottleneck, but this time with the Plains (which is much more demanding than relays ever were). Now I have 16 GB, which handles pretty much everything I have open comfortably.

The only thing I can recommend is closing quite literally everything else in the background while you run the game. Especially Google Chrome, if you have that installed. That program uses an absurd amount of RAM. Also, try to stay in Cetus instances that have very few other players in it, since I think that would reduce the RAM usage (Since you can't control which instance you load into when returning to Cetus from the Plains, it might be wise to return to your orbiter first).

Just for reference, according to Task Manager, my game uses around 2500 MB of RAM while idling in Cetus. That's more half the amount of the RAM you have in your system. Going out into the plains kicks it up to nearly 3000 MB, and it stays around that mark even after returning to Cetus. Of course, I'm playing on max graphics, so that probably makes a difference. 

Thank you a lot. Sad news but they are still a light :3 Would you recommend adding more 4GB? Would it be enough?

6 hours ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Thank you a lot. Sad news but they are still a light :3 Would you recommend adding more 4GB? Would it be enough?

Yeah, 8gb should work perfectly fine. Just make sure you buy the right RAM for your system. Here's the spec sheet for your processor, the memory specifications are listed about halfway down. I would recommend 2 sticks of 4gb each. 

Before you do that though, make sure that you have a 64 bit version of Windows. 32 bit versions of Windows cannot use more than 4 gb of RAM due to programming limitations. If you have a 32 bit version, you would also have to upgrade Windows in order to use 8gb of RAM. You can find that by going to the Start menu, right clicking on "Computer", then clicking "Properties". It will say either x32 or x64 in there somewhere.

On 2018-10-22 at 4:28 PM, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Yeah, 8gb should work perfectly fine. Just make sure you buy the right RAM for your system. Here's the spec sheet for your processor, the memory specifications are listed about halfway down. I would recommend 2 sticks of 4gb each. 

Before you do that though, make sure that you have a 64 bit version of Windows. 32 bit versions of Windows cannot use more than 4 gb of RAM due to programming limitations. If you have a 32 bit version, you would also have to upgrade Windows in order to use 8gb of RAM. You can find that by going to the Start menu, right clicking on "Computer", then clicking "Properties". It will say either x32 or x64 in there somewhere.

Yes, 64 bits thankfully. I had so many problems with warframe trying to run on 32 bits or something like that before, but thankfully it is all gone. I'll take my PC to a specialized shop and ask them what to do properly. A 4Gb stick will help, but I wanna make sure my pc has either two slots, or if I'll have to buy a new 8 GB stick. Anyway, thank you a lot. Hope I am fortuna enough to enjoy fortuna hehehehe