Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Robust In-Game Creation System | Make The Content That You Want| Potential Reaches End-Game Level Content|Potential Solution To Content Drought|

nokinoks

And moreover think of all the stuff you could make with it. New game modes, find the caches in new places with maybe more caches, Clem levels for lols, a sanctuary onslaught -like thing but with only bosses, higher level anything, enemies with modified stats so squishy but deadly glass cannon enemies or tanky but weak damage dealing enemies for that MMO feel. Disable abilities or give them cooldowns. Tower defense maps with allies instead of towers like in syndicate missions. If you've played a game like Warcraft 3 custom missions you know there are plenty of possibilities if you do the editor right. Using a good editor can be as fun as the game itself and you can laugh at the results in a positive way.

1 hour ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

I will build a brain dead focus farm 1m exp in a minute map when mod allowed immediately.

And I guarantee you this will be the top 5 map of the mod roaster even it has zerooooooo content in it.

yes, and you lose that exp immediately because this is a sandbox separate from the main game. So it will be top 5 for up until the players realize that it's braindead and accomplishes nothing.

2 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

And moreover think of all the stuff you could make with it. New game modes, find the caches in new places with maybe more caches, Clem levels for lols, a sanctuary onslaught -like thing but with only bosses, higher level anything, enemies with modified stats so squishy but deadly glass cannon enemies or tanky but weak damage dealing enemies for that MMO feel. Disable abilities or give them cooldowns. Tower defense maps with allies instead of towers like in syndicate missions. If you've played a game like Warcraft 3 custom missions you know there are plenty of possibilities if you do the editor right. Using a good editor can be as fun as the game itself and you can laugh at the results in a positive way.

Even if it starts with the ability to change enemy behavior and values, that is already small but powerful and a lot can be done with it. I mean even if the initial map is the size of the map available in dojo obstacle course, if you can make boss type enemies that's already a lot. And clan leaders can go like "hey clan, whoever defeats my boss gets 10p" and I already see a lot of people doing this.

If you want something allowing to use existing content to create a custom mission, it could work.

But if you want to create brand new content for Warframe or touch the core mechanics of the game, than it won't work !

The reason are simple

-First do you think it's easy to code an AI ? Also do you even know how Warframe is coded ? Does it allow such a flexibility ?

-Second, DE would have to watch over thing. No matter what you say, DE has to watch it. Because if a player release a mod with some Halo stuff in it and Bungie decide they are against it, it's DE who will have to respond to the intellectual property violation. I'm pretty sure DE don't want to waste their time on this.

-Third, stop comparing Warframe to Skyrim and Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 is a very old game with some really simple mechanics, nowhere near the complexity of Warframe. And Skyrim was literally built on an engine made to support modding and changing Warframe engine is impossible. But mostly, this two game have two thing in common :

-They are single player game. hWich mean if a mod break the game to the point of making it ultra easy or literally making it crash, it's just one player's             problem. In Warframe, such problems would be inacceptable.

-They don't receive any new update. I've seen it with Falllout 4, with simply one minor new update, lots of mods needs to be updated to work with the            new version or they'll crash the game. With Warframe releasing up to one hotfix a day, do you really think modders could keep up ? 

Now, making a custom mission builder where you could use existing parts of the game to build your own mission could be possible. But it would require a lot of work from DE to implement. And would it really fix any problem at all ? I think not. Player would still complain "I don't want this crappy custom mission, i want a real cinematic quest !/ I want new weapon, new frames !".

The real reason people keep complaining is because even after playing Warframe for hundreds of hours (which is way more than most game in the market can be played without getting bored) people expect the game to entertain them for hundreds more hour. Even worse, i think they just want to complain about something to feel like a rebel (New weapon is weaker than N°1 weapon of this category ? Unacceptable ! New weapon is the new N°1 weapon of it's category ? Unacceptable ! New weapon is just as strong as the N°1 weapon of this category ? Unacceptable, etc...).

3 hours ago, Marekthejester said:

If you want something allowing to use existing content to create a custom mission, it could work.

But if you want to create brand new content for Warframe or touch the core mechanics of the game, than it won't work !

The reason are simple

-First do you think it's easy to code an AI ? Also do you even know how Warframe is coded ? Does it allow such a flexibility ?

-Second, DE would have to watch over thing. No matter what you say, DE has to watch it. Because if a player release a mod with some Halo stuff in it and Bungie decide they are against it, it's DE who will have to respond to the intellectual property violation. I'm pretty sure DE don't want to waste their time on this.

-Third, stop comparing Warframe to Skyrim and Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 is a very old game with some really simple mechanics, nowhere near the complexity of Warframe. And Skyrim was literally built on an engine made to support modding and changing Warframe engine is impossible. But mostly, this two game have two thing in common :

-They are single player game. hWich mean if a mod break the game to the point of making it ultra easy or literally making it crash, it's just one player's             problem. In Warframe, such problems would be inacceptable.

-They don't receive any new update. I've seen it with Falllout 4, with simply one minor new update, lots of mods needs to be updated to work with the            new version or they'll crash the game. With Warframe releasing up to one hotfix a day, do you really think modders could keep up ? 

Now, making a custom mission builder where you could use existing parts of the game to build your own mission could be possible. But it would require a lot of work from DE to implement. And would it really fix any problem at all ? I think not. Player would still complain "I don't want this crappy custom mission, i want a real cinematic quest !/ I want new weapon, new frames !".

The real reason people keep complaining is because even after playing Warframe for hundreds of hours (which is way more than most game in the market can be played without getting bored) people expect the game to entertain them for hundreds more hour. Even worse, i think they just want to complain about something to feel like a rebel (New weapon is weaker than N°1 weapon of this category ? Unacceptable ! New weapon is the new N°1 weapon of it's category ? Unacceptable ! New weapon is just as strong as the N°1 weapon of this category ? Unacceptable, etc...).

I can't agree or disagree with you. All of what you said will be based on how DE implements this if they do. The legal stuff can be handled automatically like how Youtube does it. If a 3rd party complains then the content is automatically removed. 

Regarding you concerns about how hard it is to code AI and those things, I know how hard it is. But that would depend on DE how much of that will translate into the tools. For example, it is difficult to make websites but SquareSpace is all over the internet offering to streamline the process for you. It can't replace a full stack developer but it can do a lot especially with the right people using it. 

It's basically like this at this point, I have good points for this idea but that is under the assumption that x and y and z are true and doable. You have good points regarding this idea, but that is under the assumption that x and y and z are true and impossible. As of this moment it's really been established that this is a really decent idea and all the information that we don't have, DE has, so it's really up to them now.

I at least hope that more of the community supports this in a way NOT to implement it exactly but to ask DE if this can be done because it really does add a lot to this game IF it can be done properly. Whether or not it can be done, it's up to DE because they have the source code and the professionals that work with it.

9 hours ago, nokinoks said:

very fair point, is WF going broke or something? hmmm. maybe people aren't spending much on it? hmmm, well it's all speculation at this point so I guess there's no reason to pursue this line of thought.

or ya know, they want their game to keep growing. de are ambitious, they don't want just an okay game. they also seem to care about their players to at least some degree, and want to do somewhat good by them. 

10 hours ago, Cubewano said:

or ya know, they want their game to keep growing. de are ambitious, they don't want just an okay game. they also seem to care about their players to at least some degree, and want to do somewhat good by them. 

Yeah I hear you, I don't know though if their current number can handle it. A diverse player base means a necessity for diverse content which means hiring more people. I don't know how they can do it without doubling their numbers. But for obvious reasons, I can understand why DE will be quite apprehensive in doing that. So yeah, at this point it's up to DE. I hope they read this thread and hopefully even gave it 5 minutes consideration.