Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change the Arca Plasmor back to what it was before the Mainline Update! (when it would go thru a bunch of enemies and kill them instead of exploding and with reduced range)

Mast3rChi3f2003

When it would go thru a bunch of enemies and kill them instead of exploding and with reduced range, it was total greatness. Please stop nerfing this awesome weapon! Change it back to what it was before the Mainline Update and leave it that way, because now, it is nowhere near as effective and efficient (in my experience) as it was before. I do think the explosion was a kinda cool feature, and made the Arca Plasmor sort of like the Phantasma, but the punch through, range, and magnitude of the projectile was what made it so great. (I do see that the projectile is the same size, so that's fine.)So please, revert this weapon back to what it was before the Mainline Update. 

Edit after Fortuna :

So, now it was changed again, and I have to say, there are still some things that must be attended to on this weapon. For instance, when attempting to shoot at an enemy on the other side of Gara's wall, the Plasmor projectile either stops or bounces off the wall. Why? All other weapons shoot clean through it. 

Edited by MAST3RCHI3F
Was already frustrated when this post was made. Put more thought into it.

Yeah and this surely gets a very positive reaction if you write your topic name in big letters like that and with a big as title that is as long as the orient express probably...

Do understand your frustration about it, but i just doubt that will get the right attention here...

Because im sure my posts about me (again) complaining about something were getting so much positive attention. (not)

(Is your topic name actually longer then what you written inside the same said topic?)

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

my Plasmor seems to work the same as before. weird

it's significantly different.

the Projectile explodes upon contact with any surface anything solid, creating a bit of an AoE around the impact area.

vs originally being a Wave Gun, where the Projectile traveled through Targets until hitting the maximum Range, generally hitting all the Enemies along the way (unless the Origin of the Projectile hit something, that is).

note: i have no opinion on the state of the Weapon, other than being 'a big Sonicor' is much less unique for Arca Plasmor than being a Wave Gun, and personally would prefer Damage being controlled vs making it less unique of a Weapon.
but i also didn't use the Weapon very often anyways.

Edited by taiiat

Taiiats post is a good example of how you can write down your opinion about something without using a bunch of big letters mostly and a topic name longer then what is written in the topic by the poster of the topic.

Could even take an example of this myself, could, but i dont write much anyways in the forums except for if im bored (or wanted to complain about something, which i still do but not in forums anymore, that much...)

Funny fact is, i didnt even noticed the change since been a while i used the Arca Plasmor. And yeah i also think the old way of it beeing used was way better, specially for cleaning tunnels (and for me this was just a nice tunnel cleaner weapon not what it seems to be now, according to what i read here about the changes)

Count me in on the "the old version of Arca Plasmor was better" train then

59 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

my Plasmor seems to work the same as before. weird

Same here. I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever. I fire down a corridor and everyone dies.

I have noticed the explosion (it's hard to miss) but can't actually tell what the explosion does (other than hurt my eyes and give me a headache).

On 2018-10-22 at 6:41 AM, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Not sure your issue, the visual projectile "explodes" on contact, but the actual damage seems to still continue on as normal for me. That is unless the very center hits/would hit anything in its path.

That's the issue. The punch through. It doesn't go through a bunch of enemies and kill them. It hits the first enemy, explodes, kills him and anyone in the explosion radius, and the projectile punches through the first enemy just a little. Not as much punch through as it had before. 

Edited by MAST3RCHI3F
Spelling error

As long as the center of the plasma cloud doesn't hit anything, it will keep moving and damaging enemies. As far as i remember it always behaved like this, and it still does. I suppose that the justification behind this, is that the actual projectile is a slug, which turns the ambient gases around it into dangerous plasma. If the slug stops, so does plasma generation.

What changed after update, is that the first contact with anything (enemies, objects or level geometry), whether the projectile was stopped or not, will cause a large particle explosion. To avoid confusion, maybe the explosion effect should only happen when the projectile stops instead.

Here's a captura image showing what currently happens when the projectile grazes a solid obstacle. You can clearly see that the plasma cloud keeps moving after the explosion effect (i removed multishot mods for this example).

1540426331-warframe0164.jpg

Edited by Robolaser

2 hours ago, MAST3RCHI3F said:

That's the issue. The punch through. It doesn't go through a bunch of enemies and kill them. It hits the first enemy, explodes, kills him and anyone in the explosion radius, and the projectile punches through the first enemy just a little. Not as much punch through as it had before. 

Let me rephrase my post. When I shoot a mob a as I would before the update, the visuals, the viewable projectile, explodes on impact with anything. However, so long a certain amount of the center radius of said VISUAL projectile does not hit any thing along its otherwise projected path, the actual damaging projectile continues along it projected path. In other words, it visually blows but functions much as it always had, albeit the center  "true" projectile maybe slightly bigger, but not much if at all. Im still very much able to clear halls with no issue until its lack of damage (cant 4x hs) and status (too slow) begin to fail it. 

TLDR: The visuals have changed, still punches through its full range when used right for me.

Just want to chime in here that the Plasmor feels really different after the update.  Sometimes it works right and feels good, other times it seemingly does no damage.

I've been running Derelict missions lately and noticed a few irregularities.  I was going through a challenge room and aimed at one of the moving laser discs and shot it.  No damage.  I kept on shooting it as I moved, figuring that maybe I somehow missed it even though I hit it dead center each time and not even the splash damage hurt it a little.  After about 4 shots, it finally went down in one hit.  Strange, but I chalked it up to the fact that it was moving and I SOMEHOW missed it each time even though I was standing just a short distance away.

However, later on I entered an endcap room with a bunch of containers.  It's far easier to blow up an explosive container than to just smash them all, so I targeted the explosive container directly in front of me and shot it.  Direct hit, no damage.  I fired three more times and only the final shot did any damage and exploded the container. I was directly in front of it, I didn't move my mouse at all, so the target remained locked on the same place.  The blast landed, but did NO damage three times in a row before working.

There's something wrong with the Arca Plasmor right now, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.  Sometimes it simply does no damage to targets and other times it clears rooms just fine.  Could you please have someone look into this?

I guess they might've nerfed Arca Plasmor so people would use Fluctus more, now that you can use archguns without archwing. Or can you? I've yet to test it even though I have a maxed-out Fluctus.

If Fluctus only had the damage capability of Arca Plasmor but no, I don't think it's gonna be useful even in sorties but we'll see.

Edit: should had read the whole topic first. Arca Plasmor doesn't seem to be nerfed but changed.

Edited by GOOFBALL1

Il y a 16 heures, xDangerCatx a dit :

snip

I did more testing, and indeed there's still bugs and inconsistencies with the projectile behaviour. Here's what i found:

Sometimes projectile will rebound on:
- open death orb
- closed death orbs (always)
- small destructible containers
- resource deposits
- enemies? (need confirmation, only seen once)
- grates (sometimes no damage dealt)

Sometimes projectile simply disappear without explosion, if the plasma cloud's edges hit these:
- walls, floors, doors, windows
- openable containers, consoles
- various props
This might prevent damaging enemies and destructibles nearby or behind, even when the path seems unobstructed! That's probably what you and others experienced, it happens quite often in the derelict tileset because of the highly cluttered environment.

I can't make videos, but here's a few screenshots:

Révélation

Rebound on grate:

1540577368-warframe0184.jpg

Rebound on closed death orb:

1540577376-warframe0181.jpg

Rebound on container:

1540577395-warframe0171.jpg

Here's what it looks like when the projectile just vanishes (hitting exactly the same spot)

1540579824-noexplosion.jpg

Here the projectile hit an invisible wall. Note the explosion, instead of just disappering. Might be an issue with the gate's hitbox.

1540577385-warframe0176.jpg

Couldn't destroy that container:

1540577404-warframe0166.jpg

Edited by Robolaser

Thank you @Robolaser .

I'm glad other people are noticing these glitches and it's not just me.  In that last picture of yours, it was that exact explosive crate in that position that I had trouble destroying.  I guess there are invisible and sometimes visible objects that get in the way of it's flight that stop the gun dead in it's tracks.

Hopefully somebody at DE will give the Plasmor a look over and hopefully fix these issues.

So is this to say it lost all it's Punchthrough and explodes on cantact with the first enemy, or is it just a mistake by the OP? If my Arca baby got a united states of smash level nerf I would be rather upset so I hope this is not true and still goes through all the enemies effortlessly. Why would they change a perfectly balanced weapon in the first place anyway though? Possibly to get rid of the ability to shoot through objects and kill hordes of enemies which is a massive nerf in itself. I would like it very much if some Tenno could shine some light on this situation.

Yeah the weapon is pretty inconsistent now. Its difficult to notice whats happening because of the explosive visuals but today in ESO I couldn't destroy some grates on the Corpus Tilesets. The first update with the bouncing projectiles was fun. After the second update the weapon feels off. 

Update time... Xbox just got the update and I hate the change. Without the punchthrough it is just another trash weapon to me and will be shelved unless this change is reverted. It took me three shots to kill a lancer on hydron because I hit some small amounts of solid objects... Why must DE nerf what is not even the most overpowered weapon! But join me tenno in putting this poor dog down... We will miss you Arca Baby.

Yes, Xbox 1 has also had the Plasmor change...and not for the better. It is/was in my top 5 weapons rotation but is very inconsistent now and the visuals should be reversed where the explosion happens at the end of the projectiles journey, not the beginning. 

I’m not firing a musket, don’t need smoke clouding my field of view...time to sell this riven.

Just bumping this thread so it doesn't get lost and hopefully the devs see it.

Using the Plasmor is still annoying.  I did a void interception and the plasmor shot was exploding instead of shooting through the tree branches like other weapons do.  There was a big ole gap and the plasmor was hitting nothing and stopping.  I would really like it if a dev took a look at it and fixed this issue, or revert it back to how it used to be.