Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenith or Azima?

mmmjuice

Question

I just got this choice for login reward (well, Zenistar is included as well, but I prefer to shoot things), and I'm not quite sure whether I want to go with Zenith or Azima. I'm leaning towards Azima because I already have a Supra Vandal + riven for hybrid full-auto rifle, and the Zenith seems to overlap with that (although Zenith seems to be hitscan).

Anyone have any recommendations for either one in particular?

11 answers to this question

So you can't pick Sigma & Octantis? I assume that must be because mastery lock. Otherwise, despite liking the ability to shoot things, it's a very good melee. I think Azima is also better than Zenith, but if you like infinite punch through with the alt fire gimmick, Zenith is very good.

both Zenith and Azima are apt for applying Crit Slash.
Zenith does also have the Sniper Mode though. Azimas' Disk isn't really worth using because it's just way too Ammunition inefficient even though it does kinda deal a lot of Damage.

i can't really decide for you.
though i could say that Zenidisk can be pretty hands off, and can be used as a supporting tool while you are shooting Guns. so it's not opposing using Guns, perse.

Edited by taiiat

Thanks for teh opinions, all! It sounds like all three weapons have their pros and cons, and are at roughly comparable power levels, hmm. All things being relatively equal, I guess I'll go with Azima. It's nice to wield a simple auto pistol sometimes, considering all the weird weapons this game offers! My current go-to secondary is Staticor, but it'd be good to have a hitscan option for a secondary as well!

And yeah, I'm only MR 15, I've gotten lazy about leveling MR ever since I hit 15.

Edited by mmmjuice

10 hours ago, (PS4)DidacoJack said:

Uhm... Kinda OT but.. What's the MR requirement for Sigma & Octantis?

I can't find anything on the matter, except the wiki stating a 0 mastery required.

Now that you mention it, I just looked that up in the codex and I didn't see a MR requirement for that weapon. Was it supposed to be offered along with Zenith, Zenistar, and Azima? Or maybe I missed a 4th option?

11 hours ago, kevekev302 said:

Azima is absolutely amazing with a damage riven...you can prob get a cheap azima riven and roll it 

I've never bought a riven before but I'll look into it! I've only bought and sold mods and prime junk so far when it comes to market stuff. For some reason, I prefer to only use the rivens I've acquired via sortie. Kinda like they are the ones I was meant to use (or turn into endo).

Edited by mmmjuice