One frame for every mission type.

ChunksAhoy

Question

Typically in games, I stick to one character and I know I need to level up everything to get mastery but I just want a Frame that can do well in everything without having to switch. To give some info on what frames I like to play are Ember, Nova, Nyx, Frost, Volt, Octavia, and Saryn listed in no particular order. But for preference I do like Nyx and Nova a lot.

Edited by ChunksAhoy

5 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, ChunksAhoy said:

Typically in games, I stick to one character and I know I need to level up everything to get mastery but I just want a Frame that can do well in everything without having to switch. To give some info on what frames I like to play are Ember, Nova, Nyx, Frost, Volt, Octavia, and Saryn listed in no particular order. But for preference I do like Nyx and Nova a lot.

You're never going to get one frame that's going to handle every single mission type just as easily as another frame can. I mean, you can boil the list down quite considerably, but even then there's still quite a few frames needed.

That said, Loki is one of the most viable multi-mission frames available. With Irradiating disarm, you can protect Cryopods/Interception Points/MobDef Terminals/Rescue targets, you can Decoy/SwitchTP through spy vaults, and your invisibility lets you kill things/hack terminals/ignore enemies at great speeds. I find myself soloing a lot of sorties with minimal effort due to Loki shenanigans.

Even with his versatility, Ivara or Equinox exceed his aptitude for mass-assassinations, Ivara makes spy vaults even easier, plenty of frames can defend points or targets, and Loki brings nothing to the table in terms of direct damage. Loki's good at filling multiple roles, but he works best if you put in more effort (no lazy play if you want best results on EVERY mission type)

Zephyr. You build her for her Turbulence and there ya go. You defend yourself, and everything that needs defended. You got tornados, tailwind, and air burst as well. Also good abilities for getting around, and soft CC.

The only thing Turbulence can't defend against, is melee attacks so you just watch for those enemies.

She's great for plains, for defense, interception, survival, exterminate because she can be quick, capture for same reason, excavation, sorties, you name it, she can do it. She's just not a super crowd clearing frame like Saryn or Equinox is.

3 hours ago, ChunksAhoy said:

Most noob est asked question on the forums. If you know what you are doing and mastered the movement system then you can do any mission with any frame.