Raspberry

Falcor Heat-Seeking: Please Tone it Down!

It's actually quite difficult to use it when it seldom flies straight and instead veers wildly to the side because it's "smart" enough to seek nearby enemies. Many a time I've killed myself because I'd try to detonate it but miscalculate its position and it explodes basically in my face. No, Cautious Shot is not a valid solution -.-

I've tried to hotfix it with various ranks of Whirlwind, but after a certain point, it has led to Falcor just wildly near-missing enemies; weaker Whirlwinds did nothing to fix the problem in the first place. I'd like for Falcor to try to fly straighter so it's a bit more in control, please and thanks!

P.S. Also, give the Orvius some love and return its shattering sound on throw explosion. Right now, it's degraded into a generic explosion that does not represent at all its innate cold damage.

• Upvote 6

I like the mechanic. I don't want it to be changed. It makes the weapon rather unique. If there was no tracking then it would be just a worse Glaive Prime.
Just play carefully. And if you don't want to do that, then just keep killing yourself. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Simular the White, learn it and use it right. If not, get Glaive Prime, its the better detonator weapon. Every weapon should have a purpose, Falcor is its insane auto target with or without increased bounce.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I like the mechanic. I don't want it to be changed. It makes the weapon rather unique. If there was no tracking then it would be just a worse Glaive Prime.
Just play carefully. And if you don't want to do that, then just keep killing yourself. 

Is it too much to ask for enemy auto-targeting mechanics to stay closer to the player's aiming reticle? Not saying it has to completely go away, and tbh I don't actually think it'd be a worse Glaive Prime since there's still the "chain targeting" where it continues to home in on more enemies even after hitting one.

honestly, all the thrown melee's should have some sort of passive tracking.  Currently only the Halikar (which is crap tracking wise by comparison) and falcor.  Orvius requires you to either be dual wielding and full charge throw or hold the channel button, so that doesn't count.

On 2018-10-21 at 9:52 PM, WhiteMarker said:

Seconded

if you don't like tracking, use a different weapon.

• Applause 1

il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)haphazardlynamed a dit :

Seconded

if you don't like tracking, use a different weapon.

I think y'all are missing the point. The lad is not asking for the tracking to be removed, he's asking for the first lock to be a bit closer to the reticle. In fact the Falcor veers off so hard off target when it locks sometimes it's really useless. If I'm aiming at a Bombard i don't want the falcor to go off chasing a drone 10m to the left because it decided it was better. 

Which is a legitimate request tbh. I hardly use the falcor because of that. It decides what to hit more often than not ignoring what I'm aiming at. Otherwise it's cool to have the targeting, in fact i might for once use rebound instead of quick return. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

meh fine

how about we borrow from Ash's bladestorm

and say, sweeping your reticle across a target during the throw windup animation, will visibly mark them and it then seeks them out

then it'll be obvious where its going

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

3 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

meh fine

how about we borrow from Ash's bladestorm

and say, sweeping your reticle across a target during the throw windup animation, will visibly mark them and it then seeks them out

then it'll be obvious where its going

That...would be nice.

Only thing that needs to be changed with Falcor is its Hitboxes' i seen it return me to after it hit something, but did nothing to the target;

This is the first glaive i ever saw a reason to put Rebound on and i don't want to see it become a glaive prime reskin

I don't mind the heat seeking, but Falcor is bugged:
trying to re-level it with forma, stealth kills in spy mission, the Falcor will actually hit mobs without damaging them!
at first i thought it was because i was scanning the mobs for rep, so i stopped doing that altogether and the falcor was Still alerting mobs without damaging them.
This is against single mobs, the falcor will fly straight at the mob then veer off as it hits them, alerting the mob before making two bounces to come back and kill them!
I suspect it is in the weapons coding somewhere or in the weapons hitbox being bigger than the weapon itself.

Aiming a smidge to the left of a mob helps somewhat to get it to register damage on first contact, but not always, which is why i am suspecting a hitbox problem.

I'd personally dislike a nerf to the Falcor's tracking. 😞 Even if it only affected the first lock-on.

The awesome tracking is why I love this weapon~ Know there's an enemy around the corner or behind something? Throw in in a way that it goes past the obstacle and then homes in on them.