Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix The Flux Rifle?

Im_a_Turtle

With the upcoming Fortuna update i dusted off some of my old Corpus themed weapons and remembered why i never used the unlimited ammo Flux Rifle.

What would you guys suggest be added/changed for the Flux rifle or maybe an upcoming Vandal Flux Rifle?

Imo: The damage is too weak even with a 298% damage Riven, Max Serration, Split Chamber, and Heavy Caliber and a plethora of multiple proc status builds (Viral+slash or Corrosive+slash), it still is trumped be even the vanilla Ignis.

The current model is probably in a good place for what it is, but I would appreciate a Vandal. Damage seems to be the main thing holding it back right now, and an increased magazine would be nice so you can fire continuously for longer.

Buffs to damage and status chance I'd say would be the most efficient way of fixing the Flux Rifle. It has the potential to be this really powerful and precise single-target beam that just melts through anything it hits, but because the item was released a long time ago, before many generations of power creep, its stats are too crap now for it to be worth using, even after some rebalances. It already has some augments, so simply increasing some key stats I think could be enough to make it worth using.

After a lot of testing with the flux rifle i would suggest:

1. To increase the Magazine size to from 50 to 75
  2. Increase Fire Rate from 12.00 to 18.00
  3. Increase base damage for Puncture from 4.8 to 6.8 and Slash from 17.2 to 22.2

The Mag increase will allow for longer firing times, the rate of fire increase would allow for more lenient status procs and damage output, and the damage increase is to simply buff it from the 5 forma "+40 lvl mission worthy" gate.

This is really one of the few guns that requires WAAAAY too much work in formas to get it usable in higher leveled missions. Plus the fact that a concentrated laser beam gets outdone by a flamethrower in terms of DPS. Come on.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

7 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

the hting about those weapons that under-preform, is that they r low mastery level

each weapon had to be balanced around its mastery level

The buffs should at least be considered for a Vandal version of the Flux Rifle.

Players can still use an Ignis, Grakata, Dera, etc; almost every other weapon at the same mastery rank or lower and still manage to out perform the Flux Rifle at half the Forma costs (That is if players haven't already moved on to their Prisma/Syndicate/Wraith/Vandal counterparts already if available.

It bothers me that i can out DPS a laser rifle with two forma on an Ignis vs almost 4-5 forma Flux rifle with an augment mod.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

19 hours ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

The buffs should at least be considered for a Vandal version of the Flux Rifle.

Players can still use an Ignis, Grakata, Dera, etc; almost every other weapon at the same mastery rank or lower and still manage to out perform the Flux Rifle at half the Forma costs (That is if players haven't already moved on to their Prisma/Syndicate/Wraith/Vandal counterparts already if available.

It bothers me that i can out DPS a laser rifle with two forma on an Ignis vs almost 4-5 forma Flux rifle with an augment mod.

show us ur build?

I enjoy my Flux Rifle the way it is. 100% status chance, with prime Shred, I just use it as a DoT cannon chewing away at everything's HP like nothing!

Slash procs constantly undercut any armour, gas procs add a little AoE and a second layer of DoT, and a tiny bit of cold so they are forced to sit in front of my laser for longer~

Sure it's not the fastest way to kill things, but DPS isn't everything, this weapon is consistent, sustainable, and amusing to me.