Why does Titania look so weird for a Fairy/ Pixie?

(PSN)calvin_0

oz_the_great_and_powerful___river_fairy_

Artistic interpretation.

Also Fey of the old country were evil little pos. See trows. They are only "cute and pretty" for the past 200 some odd years. Titania like all frames share a alien look because infested. :clem:not that shes that bad looking.

Edited by Firetempest

She's based off the fae queen of Shakespeare, not necessarily just a pixie. There's no specifics about what she looked like, but given that  a lot of interpretations of Oberon, her husband, have horns (including Warframe's own version), there's a good chance that fairy beauty standards differ from human ones.

25 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

She's based off the fae queen of Shakespeare, not necessarily just a pixie. There's no specifics about what she looked like, but given that  a lot of interpretations of Oberon, her husband, have horns (including Warframe's own version), there's a good chance that fairy beauty standards differ from human ones.

What?! Her husband?! 

6 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Terry Pratchett had an entertaining take on faeriefolk.

terry-pratchett-quote-elves-are-wonderfu

Yup. It all depends on how you want to interpret folklore.

LOTR = Elves are hot and noble.

Discworld = Elves are evil trouble-makers...and not things you'd want to get jiggy with (unless you have some pretty weird fetishes).

4 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Yup. It all depends on how you want to interpret folklore.

LOTR = Elves are hot and noble.

Discworld = Elves are evil trouble-makers...and not things you'd want to get jiggy with (unless you have some pretty weird fetishes).

Not to mention Andrzej Sapkowski's elves from the Witcher books or Jim Butcher's Summer and Winter Courts in the Dresden Files series.

35 minutes ago, mikakor said:

What?! Her husband?! 

Well, more like royal Consort. But, yes, they're King and Queen of the Fairies together.

Edit: They are in love. They have an argument during Midsummer's night's dream, but get back together by the end.

Edited by Loza03

They probably didn't design her after the Disneyfied version of fairies.

In most folklores, fairies were almost never cute and benevolent. They were usually depicted as creepy and unpredictable, ranging from mischievous to outright bloodthirsty.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Not to mention Andrzej Sapkowski's elves from the Witcher books or Jim Butcher's Summer and Winter Courts in the Dresden Files series.

Elves =/= faeries... just saying.

Anywho... yea, her design is a bit weird. She obviously is supposed to be some form of butterfly, which is in line with many of her depictions in folklore, where she usually is a fair and proud creature, very unlike her mischievous, and often ugly to look at subjects. Her alt helmet and the Sari Syandana made the look work better for me... but I really hope her deluxe skin/prime give her a more delicate/graceful/magical feel.

Edited by WarBaby2

4 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

isnt Fairy \ Pixie usually look very adorable?

No

To expand: Beautiful and Terrible.  Alien.  Not human.  I actually rather like her because unlike a lot of the female appearing frames she's not super sexualized in appearance or in animation set.

And I mean, it's kinda telling that you're complaining about the 'female' frame not being attractive and not the long goat man being more overtly inhumanly proportioned with his torso.

3 hours ago, mikakor said:

What?! Her husband?!

Yes.

And Mab is Oberon's mother--and wife in some stories.  Fae be F'ed up

3 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

she look like a llama with dog feature to me, 

She looks like a bug to me.

4 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

so why do Titania look so odd?

Quick check: what game are you playing? Warframe? Right. That would do it.

If you want to know why she looks odd in that specific way, my pet theory is that it was brought on by the proximity of her release date to the kavats' release date. Thus the "kavat ears" on the default helmet.