Mewan Riven

Nano_T

Question

Hey Tenno, it's me again, asking for your help. I've gotten my hands on a pretty sweet riven and I don't know how to build for it. I'm really leaning toward a polearm zaw and a status build, please place recommendations here. If it really doesn't suit, do tell.

The riven is a Mewan Loctiata with stats as follows:

• 135.6% Range
  • 185.3% Melee damage
  • -63.9% Impact

Thank you.

Try to roll riven til u get:

• Att Speed
  • Crit Chance
  • Elem Dmg (Heat; Toxin; Electricity; Cold)

Range, Damage and anything else wont help u if u building Mewan polearm.

With proper riven like I was mentioned, and some builds like I have u can all the time have Red Critics.

Have fun!

EDIT: If u looking to build Zaw for Red Crits, u cant go on Status!

And status isnt good cuz many enemies are immune on status.

Edited by AvPCelticPredator

15 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

... why?

Even now that Melee doesn't have infinite Punch Through anymore, more range on a Polearm can be quite fun / useful,
more damage is more damage / can possibly replace Primed Pressure Point, opening up a Mod slot
(with the latter also possibly being true for +Range Rivens and Primed Reach if you don't want overkill for some reason, heh).

17 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

• Crit Chance

With Blood Rush (and at least for now, Maiming Strike) being a thing, a "regular" +Crit Chance boost is pretty meh.

19 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Almost no enemy you'd want to use Melee on is immune.
Slash proc (+ Crit hybrid) builds are kind of popular for a reason.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:
1 hour ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

... why?

Even now that Melee doesn't have infinite Punch Through anymore, more range on a Polearm can be quite fun / useful,
more damage is more damage / can possibly replace Primed Pressure Point, opening up a Mod slot
(with the latter also possibly being true for +Range Rivens and Primed Reach if you don't want overkill for some reason, heh).

• Crit Chance

With Blood Rush (and at least for now, Maiming Strike) being a thing, a "regular" +Crit Chance boost is pretty meh.

Almost no enemy you'd want to use Melee on is immune.
Slash proc (+ Crit hybrid) builds are kind of popular for a reason.

Read about Critical how works:

Critical Hit

Read about Status how works:

Status Effect

And finally watch video, maybe u see something usefull!

Have fun!

27 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Critical Hit

Status Effect

And finally watch video, maybe u see something usefull!

If you have a point / want to explain something you think I'm unaware of / wrong about, please just say it clearly.

(Like, that video doesn't even show your build. What's that supposed to teach me?)

I suggest you keep it as is , + Range is excellent with any polearm Zaw , and + Melee damage is base damage to everything , why wouldn't you want it 😄 and -ve impact is great on Mewan as its base damage is slash , you lose very little and get more weight into the more important status chances.

i would suggest you build a zaw pole-arm with stats that look like:

Speed: 1

critical Chance: 14% ,

Status Chance: 25%,

this is my staple suggestion fro hybrid Zaws ,

The mods would look like Blood rush , Organ Shatter , Condition Overload , 2x dual status Mods (corrosive for grineer, gas for corpus , viral for general purpose) , Drifting contact, Primed pressure point , Primed fury/ berserker.

This will net you one of the best loadouts for melee you can get , you could simply forego fury mods for something else since i find a speed of 1 of polearms to be sufficient - check how it feels for yourself and adjust accordingly.

37 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Critical Hit

Status Effect

You do know that Condition overload is a thing right? i dont even understand what you are trying to say here.

2 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I have no idea where you are pulling this info out of.

the enemies that are immune to status are certain boss enemies (and mini bosses) like the kuva guardians (during their invulnerability phase) , most other enemies are not immune.

Getting off a Gas status on corpus or corrosive on grineer will give you better returns than a pure crit build.

I have built all different kinds of zaws , and i find the hybrid build to be most versatile and powerful.

Your video throws no light on your actual build , you have enemies paused , and hence they are taking stealth damage , hows about you show us what it looks like when they arent paused?

Edited by 0_The_F00l

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

If you have a point / want to explain something you think I'm unaware of / wrong about, please just say it clearly.

(Like, that video doesn't even show your build. What's that supposed to teach me?)

If u have any more questions feel free to ask.

Maybe u wanna know also which parts I was choose to build Mewan!?

Or how is Inaros builded too?

Or maybe why I dont use Maiming Strike!?

Edited by AvPCelticPredator

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have no idea where you are pulling this info out of.

the enemies that are immune to status are certain boss enemies (and mini bosses) like the kuva guardians (during their invulnerability phase) , most other enemies are not immune.

Getting off a Gas status on corpus or corrosive on grineer will give you better returns than a pure crit build.

Use your "Gas Status"

Go in Simulacrum;
Select "Nox Eximus" lvl 100

Kill him, record on video and show me your status effect and how is possible that "Nox Eximus" is not boss or even small boss!?

Hes just sample enemy who cant get any "Gas Status!" cuz he is immune on status my dear newbie!

23 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Use your "Gas Status"

Go in Simulacrum;
Select "Nox Eximus" lvl 100

Kill him, record on video and show me your status effect and how is possible that "Nox Eximus" is not boss or even small boss!?

As someone who is effectively a melee main, I can say confidently that Nox Eximuses are great fun to melee and there's no reason to disregard status just because THEY have unique mechanics.

23 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Hes just sample enemy who cant get any "Gas Status!" cuz he is immune on status my dear newbie!

I wouldn't advise talking down to other Tenno like that.  Not everyone is a newbie and you've made some points that not all melee mains agree with. 

To recap...

1) The riven is fine.  the -impact is nice for slash proccing joy.

2) Status is great for melee.

3) Critical DAMAGE quickly becomes more important than critical CHANCE (pending Melee 3.0 of course)

4) Red crits don't do any more damage than any other attack that has the same number.  Big red numbers are pretty and fun, but numbers are numbers.

5) What status you use completely depends on whether or not you need CC for your specific build

For a good rundown on melee options, Xandypants has a great video (and it's not really 'the one build', he's pretty clear about how multipliers interact) 🙂

Edited by FreeWilliam

16 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

Are they immune though. I just checked it and I definitely managed to inflict corrosive on him. And he died pretty quickly after that.

They've got crazy damage reduction (even to true damage), I assumed the Eximus variant had Venomous (and therefore toxin immunity)...but honestly never verified so I could be totally wrong there, I was assuming it was true because of the convo.

Noxes are one of my favorite units to melee because they're nice and beefy but don't have any annoying invulnerability gates.  They're also NOT a typical enemy in warframe with a couple of unusual mechanics so you don't need to build for them (not that building for 'worst case scenarios' is bad)

Edit: They don't have DOT immunity anymore and Noxes can't get Venomous, so honestly not sure why gas would come up as something not to use because of the occasional Nox...but this is kind of a digression anyway.

Edited by FreeWilliam

56 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

They've got crazy damage reduction (even to true damage), I assumed the Eximus variant had Venomous (and therefore toxin immunity)...but honestly never verified so I could be totally wrong there, I was assuming it was true because of the convo.

Noxes are one of my favorite units to melee because they're nice and beefy but don't have any annoying invulnerability gates.  They're also NOT a typical enemy in warframe with a couple of unusual mechanics so you don't need to build for them (not that building for 'worst case scenarios' is bad)

Edit: They don't have DOT immunity anymore and Noxes can't get Venomous, so honestly not sure why gas would come up as something not to use because of the occasional Nox...but this is kind of a digression anyway.

They are not Immune on "Viral"!

That is my elem dmg, but I dont use Status build, cuz if Tenno who arguing with me didnt know how Crit Hit works and he doesnt know that Crit Chance + Crit Dmg doing synergy and increases dmg then he will never know differences between Crit Hit and Status effect!

The second thing, if u have faster attacking speed on your melee u will faster increased combo counter, and how that work and what affect have on melee u can read here too!

Combo counter table u can look on bootom of that link!

Third thing is Critical Level, mine crit lvl is 4.

If that weapon were to have a Critical Chance of over 100% it would be capable of achieving level 2 (orange) crits and they would have a multiplier of 10.4x, and if that weapon reached a Critical Chance over 200% it would be capable of level 3 crits dealing 15.1x damage.

Which dealing alot more dmg that u can imagine in comparation with status!

Forth thing, if status doesnt have duration, is useless against enemies.

The same thing like have Crit chance + crit dmg!

Must to have duration + status (Synergy) that enemy can bleed when your melee deal "Slash" status on enemies then, they will easy bleed and die!

If u have just status and u hit enemy once they will just bleed once and stop bleeding.

Status is limited with duration, but critical isnt!

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Forth thing, if status doesnt have duration, is useless against enemies.

The same thing like have Crit chance + crit dmg!

Must to have duration + status (Synergy) that enemy can bleed when your melee deal "Slash" status on enemies then, they will easy bleed and die!

If u have just status and u hit enemy once they will just bleed once and stop bleeding.

This isn't practical advise in real-world gameplay. 

For most enemies, status works just fine and how it works depends on the SPECIFIC EFFECT.

Which of those effects you're targeting depends on our ENTIRE build, you can't just say 'status is bad', that's nonsensical.  Are we talking Slash, Viral, Gas, Electricity, Blast, Cold, or what?  

This game is nuanced and has a lot of interactions.  You're making some statements that are only situationally true and apply to how you're building.  That's not good generic advice and you shouldn't be making those statements firmly.

I'm also confused by what you're thinking here...

How much damage happens after the proc varies from proc to proc (and resistance type and so on) and some have DOTs that add damage (Gas, Toxin, Heat, Slash), others just have a proc that adds an effect or does damage independent of the initial source and cold actually extends the duration of status procs. 

Critical meanwhile has NO duration so it's 'limited' in exactly the same way an Electricty proc is, but without the CC.

I'm not saying critical is bad (I do lots of hybrid builds) but leaning into it and ignoring status is neglecting a HUGE part of melee and lots of builds take advantage of specific status effects (like Gas, which is awesome, especially for short ranged weapons...one of which is a Mewan sword)

7 hours ago, Nano_T said:

Hey Tenno, it's me again, asking for your help. I've gotten my hands on a pretty sweet riven and I don't know how to build for it. I'm really leaning toward a polearm zaw and a status build, please place recommendations here. If it really doesn't suit, do tell.

The riven is a Mewan Loctiata with stats as follows:

• 135.6% Range
  • 185.3% Melee damage
  • -63.9% Impact

Thank you.

Don't roll that riven, I'd consider it high tier for polearms.

Mewan Strike, Seekalla Grip, your choice of link.

Condition Overload, Pressure Point, Blood Rush, Berseker, Organ Shatter, Voltaic Strike, Virulent Scourge, and the riven should suffice.  Twirling Spire for stance and you are set.

2 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

This isn't practical advise in real-world gameplay. 

For most enemies, status works just fine and how it works depends on the SPECIFIC EFFECT.

Which of those effects you're targeting depends on our ENTIRE build, you can't just say 'status is bad', that's nonsensical.  Are we talking Slash, Viral, Gas, Electricity, Blast, Cold, or what?  

This game is nuanced and has a lot of interactions.  You're making some statements that are only situationally true and apply to how you're building.  That's not good generic advice and you shouldn't be making those statements firmly.

I'm also confused by what you're thinking here...

Tell me on what is this enemy immuned Nox?

I am not sure why @AvPCelticPredator is being so Polarised or why he needs to call anybody a noob simply because he disagrees. 

And I have clearly mentioned gas against corpus and corrosive against grinneer, not sure if he actually read what is written. And if he is aware that nox is a grinneer enemy on which you should be using corrosive not gas. 

Please stop Making demands, giving situational suggestions and expecting everyone to agree . 

I have given my advice to the OP, he is free to take it or not. 

No one is saying crits are bad, and people know how they work, and how status effects work too. 

Crit based damage will plateau at 3x  combo multiplier, after which gains will be minimal and far apart. 

Condition overload based damage will keep scaling much higher as it will have the Crit + status + combo multiplier adding to it. 

I am suggesting a "hybrid" build with more status chance than Crit.

And again condition overload is a thing. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

See pal u are say before that there is no enemies whos not immuned on status exept some of bosses etc.

So, Nox's (Cloned Flesh) Impact b  Gas b−−VoidTearIcon b−−  and (alloy armor) Slash b−−  Electricity b−−  Magnetic b−−

is that immunity or not?

Just do not crawl your text when you say something.
If you've never looked at the Codex and you do not know what the benefits are and what the weakness of the enemy then there is no purpose to comment on

Next, let me explain why I proposed to use the riven with:
Att speed
Crit Chance
Elem dmg.

The reason is that the higher speed increases the combo counter, with this further increasing the speed of each hit.
Critical chance will increase critical lvl significantly to increase dmg, if you watch the video you saw how dmg increases or decreases depending on the speed of the hit.
One of the elements of the dmg to the riven allows the OP to change at any time and make another element depending on the mission it wants to play and against which enemy.
For example, I have a toxin and I can create all the elements I want, depending on the mission.

Exodia Force - It is necessary or not, it depends on the player to the player:
We know that Exodia Force is activated for status, but that status is not assigned to the arcane number, so if you have 10% status on Zaw, for example, I will activate the arcane that will allow an additional 200% dmg
It is very small to damage the opponent in order to activate this arcane, only if Zaw has a status (Zero) this arcane will never be activated, and there is no combination of parts for any Zaw that will give you a status (Zero).

Only ungilded Zaw owns (Zero) status.

If you do not agree with me or someone else, this is your problem, I explained at least all my reasons and presented the video.
But none of you showed your Status with your experience, your build, and the reasons why and how to do OP his build!

You guys just suggesting, by using other video material as the proof that "Status" is the best solution for "OP"!

Present your personal experience with your personal video material, so if it turns out that you are right and that the basics of your experience are correct, I will retreat to the side and confirm that you are right.

Thx!

(Cloned Flesh) Impact b  Gas b−−VoidTearIcon b−−  and (alloy armor) Slash b−−  Electricity b−−  Magnetic b−−

is that immunity or not?

No, it's damage reduction for those damage types, that's not the same thing as Status immunity at all.

increases the combo counter, with this further increasing the speed of each hit

Charging up your Combo Counter doesn't give you extra Attack Speed.

dmg increases or decreases depending on the speed of the hit

This is utter nonsense.

I have a toxin and I can create all the elements I want, depending on the mission

Yep, Toxin is the most versatile elemental damage type to have on a Riven.

You, however, said before that any element is (equally) great and preferable to e.g. straight +Damage,
which is, at best, an opinion I disagree with (if not straight-up bad advice, alas).

16 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

dmg increases or decreases depending on the speed of the hit

Are u high?
Read:
The Combo Counter resets if no enemies are hit after 3 seconds, which can be increased up to 31 seconds with the Body Count, Drifting Contact, and Gladiator Rush mods.

If I have slow Zaw, I cant keep my combo duration!?
Is that clear to you???
My dmg will reset!

Speed is so important to keep combo counter duration active.

28 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Charging up your Combo Counter doesn't give you extra Attack Speed.

Is misunderstanding by my typing.

I was try to say this: Once a certain number of consecutive hits have been made, a Damage Multiplier will be given to the Melee weapon, increasing the weapon's overall damage including any additional elemental damage.

36 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

You, however, said before that any element is (equally) great and preferable to e.g. straight +Damage,
which is, at best, an opinion I disagree with (if not straight-up bad advice, alas).

Like I said, make video with your Zaw, show me if I'm wrong, ofc if u disagree.

If I was give wrong advice, prove me that u are right.

28 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

If I was give wrong advice, prove me that u are right.

Is any zaw OK? Or do you want it to be Mewan, I don't think I have a 2 handed mewan zaw at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Man this is a trainwreck. Nox is a single, limited enemy and in no way, shape, or form an end-all reason for choosing a build type.

It's OK, best way to beat bullheadedness is through cold hard proof and regular interaction. No one wants to give wrong info, but one may have misunderstood the mechanics, we are here to help after all. 

Your first video is a bad example because the enemies are paused. Melee attacking a paused enemy in the simulacrum activates the stealth multiplier which gives you a 8x damage multiplier. Do the test without paused enemies to get the actual dps. The time to kill in your second video is also not the best, a hybrid build would kill much quicker because condition overload exists, which makes a status build incredibly strong.

Edited by noah33noah