Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mewan Riven

Nano_T

Question

Hey Tenno, it's me again, asking for your help. I've gotten my hands on a pretty sweet riven and I don't know how to build for it. I'm really leaning toward a polearm zaw and a status build, please place recommendations here. If it really doesn't suit, do tell.

The riven is a Mewan Loctiata with stats as follows:

• 135.6% Range
  • 185.3% Melee damage
  • -63.9% Impact

Thank you.

1 hour ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Are u high?
Read:
The Combo Counter resets if no enemies are hit after 3 seconds, which can be increased up to 31 seconds with the Body Count, Drifting Contact, and Gladiator Rush mods.

If I have slow Zaw, I cant keep my combo duration!?
Is that clear to you???
My dmg will reset!

Speed is so important to keep combo counter duration active.

The Combo counter resets after 3 to 31 seconds.  Attack speed is totally separate from this figure and dictates how many hits you can make.  

It makes no difference if your attack speed is 0.7 or 2 to the reset time.

A Zaw with a faster attack will get to higher damage levels faster than a slower one but if you can keep the combo active then the stack will stay regardless.  As long as you do one attack before the timer decays.  

Attack speed is a personal choice depending on playstyle not a definitive meta.

As for Nox 

maxresdefault.jpg

or in this case smash it in the face with whatever pointy stick you have

If you're really fixated on combo reset go Naramon 

Edited by Sabreracer

53 minutes ago, noah33noah said:

Melee attacking a paused enemy in the simulacrum activates the stealth multiplier which gives you a 8x damage multiplier.

Cuz u actually dont know how Simulacrum work, then I dont need to much arguing with you.

As long as an enemy is unaware of the Tenno presence, a stealth attack may be executed on them. To perform a stealth attack, the player must approach an enemy from behind and activate the stealth attack prompt. Successfully performing a stealth attack will deal a massive amount of damage during a special animation, during which the Warframe is immune to damage and will not be attacked by enemies. The attack's final damage depends on the melee weapon type used, on top of the 8.0x melee damage multiplier described in the preceding section.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth

Check in first video, time 0.35 sec why Gunners talking, if I'm undetected come them from behind, but I didnt, they wont say anything and I'll have that bonus dmg like u said.

The second video shows u same thing unpaused, not stealth, not from behind, killing on same process.

No have that yours stealth bonus dmg in my videos!

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

No one wants to give wrong info, but one may have misunderstood the mechanics, we are here to help after all. 

Agreed!

But it's not right that if I give my opinion about Zaw and my experience to someone who wants his own Zaw with someone we are good at Riven, you can override that my opinion and my experience with the fact that "Status" and other passive options are better for player seeking help.

I give my opinion and experience and stay on, but I also do not deny that "Status" is good, but someone who wants to help "OP" should have "Mewan" plus "Riven" plus build plus video with some evidence, and not just to talk about how "Status" is good for some other "Zaw" combinations bad and not directly for "Mewan" providing video material from some other players and not own to back up the other assistant that his claims and experience are not at all correct or are negative in the whole context of this thread.

Edited by AvPCelticPredator

29 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

u actually dont know how Simulacrum work

The Simulacrum has plenty of bugs, one of those is stealth damage while AI is paused.

Please, dood. We are not personally attacking you.
(Though you're kinda making it hard not to, stop that.)

Just try to imagine that, when multiple people contradict your statements / opinions / whatnot,
maybe, just maybe, they do know what they're talking about.

Unfortunately i do not have a 2H Mewan , so i cannot really provide direct reference for a good mewan build,

I will however take this opportunity to correct many of teh incorrect info that is flooding here.

First:

On 2018-10-22 at 9:52 PM, AvPCelticPredator said:

Use your "Gas Status"

Go in Simulacrum;
Select "Nox Eximus" lvl 100

Kill him, record on video and show me your status effect and how is possible that "Nox Eximus" is not boss or even small boss!?

Hes just sample enemy who cant get any "Gas Status!" cuz he is immune on status my dear newbie!

here you go:

Now i would like you to apologise for calling me a newbie and take back your statement that nox is immune,

i will also request you to not call anyone a newbie in the future.

10 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

See pal u are say before that there is no enemies whos not immuned on status exept some of bosses etc.

So, Nox's (Cloned Flesh) Impact b  Gas b−−VoidTearIcon b−−  and (alloy armor) Slash b−−  Electricity b−−  Magnetic b−−

is that immunity or not?

No ,its damage reduction,

i suggest you read the difference between damage reduction and immunity then make any comments.

second

5 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Cuz u actually dont know how Simulacrum work, then I dont need to much arguing with you.

Please do your research before making such comments.

there is bonus damage received by unalerted enemies.

please refer the same wiki page you linked and read this specific part , and i suggest you test it personally with an unmodded weapon and realise the difference (pasting here for reference).

"Stealth Damage Bonus" is different from "Stealth attack" damage , please notice the difference.

Stealth Damage Bonus

Standard melee attacks are affected by a +700% stealth damage bonus when attacking unalerted enemies, or when cloaked by an ability (e.g. Invisibility). This damage increase changes the color of regular damage pop-ups from white to yellow (similar to critical hits).

Stealth Melee Damage = Weapon Damage × (1 + Stealth Damage Bonus)

Enemies are not always susceptible to increased melee damage for every melee attack. If the player comes into physical contact with an enemy while attacking it, the damage bonus will be temporarily removed. Attacking from different angles and giving the enemy some distance will help improve the consistency of the attack damage. As long as you are invisible, the bonus will reset about every 2 seconds after an interaction with an enemy (Shooting, melee attack, physical contact).

The Stealth Damage Bonus is affected by the rank of the weapon. As mentioned above Rank 30 weapons deal 700% bonus, while unranked ones only gain 100%. In between that the bonus scales linearly as per the formula:

Stealth Damage Bonus = 1 + (6 ÷ 30) × Weapon Rank
Stealth Damage Bonus = 1 + 0.2 × Weapon Rank

Stealth damage bonus may also apply to enemies that are made vulnerable to Finisher Attacks, as example Excalibur's Radial Blind. For a full list of options please check here.

Critical hits while under these effects will still appear yellow or in their respective color for higher crit tiers. The damage bonus from crits and stealth stack additively with each other.

Stealth Melee Crit Damage = Weapon Damage × (1 + Stealth Damage Bonus + (Crit Multiplier - 1))

Can be seen here.

Third I will one up your original video of 5x LVL 100 heavy gunner eximus , with this 20x LVL 155 Heavy gunner eximus video,

Again i do not have a 2H Mewan so i cannot compare directly , only give general reference for a hybrid build. if you want to see a video of a hybrid Mewan zaw i will need to build one from scratch which is too time consuming and i am tired of farming Ostron rep.

I also want to know why are you considering LVL 100 enemies? although they are strong for star chart , they are rather low level for a full fledged stress test. you should be looking at LVL 150 or higher (like in my video) for better results ,

Hows about you upload a video with LVL 155 eximus heavy gunners and tell me the difference?

Or even how your current zaw compares with a single nox eximus.

P.S. this is not even my best Zaw but the riven has + range, speed and duration and -ve impact , so its the closest i could think of for comparison (notice i have no speed mods other than the riven on my build).

I hope this clarifies most of the doubts.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Added links and stuff

hace 2 horas, AvPCelticPredator dijo:

Agreed!

But it's not right that if I give my opinion about Zaw and my experience to someone who wants his own Zaw with someone we are good at Riven, you can override that my opinion and my experience with the fact that "Status" and other passive options are better for player seeking help.

I give my opinion and experience and stay on, but I also do not deny that "Status" is good, but someone who wants to help "OP" should have "Mewan" plus "Riven" plus build plus video with some evidence, and not just to talk about how "Status" is good for some other "Zaw" combinations bad and not directly for "Mewan" providing video material from some other players and not own to back up the other assistant that his claims and experience are not at all correct or are negative in the whole context of this thread.

The problem its not you giving your opinion , the problem its you being blind about your opinion being wrong . Absolute any decent player knows that Status or Hybrid its better than Crit in melee (if the weapon allows that build ) .... you want proof , google it , there are dozens of videos . Go agains a lvl 300 bombard and see how much its take you to kill it with a crit build and how much it takes with a condition overload build ... ALL the people here told you that you are wrong , maybe its time to stop thinking as you as a special snowflake and face the reality , you are just a noob that want so much to be right .

Edited by Yagamilight123

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

here you go:

Bravo Tenno!

So, u tell me what is differences between: "invincible and stealth" in simulacrum!

Dont use invincible, and repeate that two videos with Nezha!

Or explain to me where "Nox Eximus" and "Heavy Gunners" shooting?

Check my second video and see did I was use "invincible" in simulacrum!

Cya next time!

9 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Bravo Tenno!

So, u tell me what is differences between: "invincible and stealth" in simulacrum!

Or explain to me where "Nox Eximus" and "Heavy Gunners" shooting?

Check my second video and see did I was use "invincible" in simulacrum!

Cya next time!

You haven't apologized yet for your original inaccuracy and incorrect statement, are you incapable of  accepting when you are wrong? Must you keep deflecting? Your statements are confusing people who genuinely came here seeking help. 

And to answer your question when invincible you "receive" no damage, 

When in stealth you do more damage, 

We are discussing damage output not frame build, 

My choice of frame is also not relevant to the damage output only the mods and arcane as I used no frame abilities. 

I have yet to see you put out a video for nox eximus either, I don't mind whether you select invincibility but you cannot use abilities.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

On 2018-10-22 at 2:14 PM, Nano_T said:

Hey Tenno, it's me again, asking for your help. I've gotten my hands on a pretty sweet riven and I don't know how to build for it. I'm really leaning toward a polearm zaw and a status build, please place recommendations here. If it really doesn't suit, do tell.

The riven is a Mewan Loctiata with stats as follows:

• 135.6% Range
  • 185.3% Melee damage
  • -63.9% Impact

Thank you.

The riven is very good. There are better possible combinations but not by a large margin.

Range on a polearm capable strike is always great, flat melee damage is also welcome. Impact is a decent negative to have in this case because it is not only the lowest dmg value the Mewan gets it is also often the least desirable status proc compared to slash and puncture. I recommend stacking range if you have Primed Reach for ridiculous spin/slide attacks and otherwise build as you see fit, really depends on what mods you have available.

I am still waiting for an apology , but since i dont see any further videos i am assuming you accepted defeat and do not want to argue any further.

And since you said:

17 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Here you go:

and this

Yup , i died once cause this is not a walk in the park , i have left it there to let you know that.

Honestly you will likely never face such a situation in real game scenarios, but its good to know you can manage with a good Hybrid stick.

I hope there are no further questions.

*drops mic*

Edited by 0_The_F00l
additional comments about video