Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Time and Space Warframe

(XBOX)MrApple1988

Kairos

LOOK AND FEEL: An almost Celestial looking Warframe, all limbs emerge from tiny portals linked to the torso, almost as if they're being converged from different sections of the universe into one living body. Each limb representing different parts of the cosmos.

Perhaps, one limb could appear as though it where pulled from a dying star, another from an Icy asteroid, etc

The portals could appear visually as Black Holes (Only, in reverse)

(Warframe mechanics can be determined by feedback from my fellow Tenno...)

PASSIVE: When damaged, Kairos has a 25% chance to open a portal on the enemy that hits him, teleporting them to a random spot within 20 meters of the portal. Wherever the enemy exits the portal is where a connecting portal for that specific portal will be made. The portal will linger behind for 5 seconds and any allies of enemies that enter it will extend the duration for another 2.5 seconds.

(Contributed by (PS4)ArtPrince17 )

Ability 1: Portcullis - Open a single gateway that will randomly teleport enemies across the tileset. Or create crowd control by opening a second connecting gateway to funnel enemies to a desired location. Allies can pass through these gateways aswell. (Similar to Nova's wormhole ability, but enemies can pass through too. Also, depending on the distance between two portals, this can add damage to weapons firing through the gateways at enemies).

Ability 2: Deja Vu - On first activation, all stats, health and energy as well as your position will be held in time. A second activation of the ability will teleport your warframe back with first activation stats, etc... (I may need help with the wording). The ability will have an energy drain that works the same as Wukong's Defy.

Ability 3: Temporal Transition - Enemies who pass through this "time wall" are slowed and have a chance to rapidly age and disintergrate to dust. Damage done by enimies through the temporal transition is reduced by a percentage.

(Ability Strength and Range determine potency and size). Allies passing through could be buffed in someway (Up for discussion)

Ability 4 (Ultimate): Universal Convergence - Opens multiple space time gateways (Number of gateways and damage could be determined by ability strength and Level) that fling debris from all across the universe damaging enemies that happen to be in the path of destruction. (AOE damage, Note: debris should exit one portal and re-enter another, this can remove any clutter that may occur during the ability, additionally, enemies caught in the crossfire at low health could be sucked through an exit portal into the unknown)

Edited by (XB1)MrApple1988
Contructive Criticism

Just now, (XB1)MrApple1988 said:

You think?

I was thinking more along the lines of a Janus type character. Utilizing time and space rather than an alternate personal dimension (Rift)... I will make more adjustments....

Yeah, Limbo controls time within his own personal "Space". Though there are differences between Limbo's created space and your concept's control on pre-existing space, I feel that it's too close to Limbo's theme.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Yeah, Limbo controls time within his own personal "Space". Though there are differences between Limbo's created space and your concept's control on pre-existing space, I feel that it's too close to Limbo's theme.

You're right... It would be better if I made the adjustments to seem more like a stand-alone warframe than a copy of limbo.... I'll work on the warframe concept design later today...

Do you have other thoughts for abilities?

Just now, (XB1)MrApple1988 said:

You're right... It would be better if I made the adjustments to seem more like a stand-alone warframe than a copy of limbo.... I'll work on the warframe concept design later today...

Do you have other thoughts for abilities?

I mainly have issues with the 1st and 4th ability. They feel too close to Banish and Cataclysm respectively. Will give a more in-depth explanation in a bit. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I mainly have issues with the 1st and 4th ability. They feel too close to Banish and Cataclysm respectively. Will give a more in-depth explanation in a bit. 

Banish works on the idea of sending the ally/enemy into the rift.... The idea of Portcullis would work on the same principle from the Portal game...

Cataclysm involves a bubble of rift.... which synergizes with Stasis and banish. Whereas the thought for Universal Convergence plays on the idea of flinging space debris from open portals at the enemy....

Gotta' say, I like "Kairos" as a name the most.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)MrApple1988 said:

PASSIVE: Travelling through Portcullis will grant a large energy reduction to next ability cast, works with allies. (May need a cooldown)

Passive shouldn't really work of the back of an ability. That would be a secondary feature to that ability. It should really be the other way around. So how about taking ideas from Portcullis and working it in to the Passive?

• Passive Suggestion - Portcullis
    • When damaged, Kairos has a 50% chance to open a portal on the enemy that hits him, teleporting them to a random spot within 20 meters of the portal. Wherever the enemy exits the portal is where a connecting portal for that specific portal will be made. The portal will linger behind for 5 seconds and any allies of enemies that enter it will extend the duration for another 2.5 seconds

Since Portcullis is the passive in this, we'll need another 1st ability. Preferably one that works off of the Passive.

I was actually going to give my own suggestions but I think it'll be much more fun if you make it. 🙂

3 hours ago, (XB1)MrApple1988 said:

Banish works on the idea of sending the ally/enemy into the rift.... The idea of Portcullis would work on the same principle from the Portal game...

I'm saying that they'd feel too similar not because their entirely similar on their own, but because they both involve sending enemies and allies to a different space and they're both Time/Space Warframes. I understand where you're coming from though, but that's just my personal thoughts.

Time Jump (you can make a more interesting name than that lol) is mostly good, just a tweak or two that I would like. It would make it seem even more like a cool Warframe version of Tracer's Recall from Overwatch (though I think that's what you pulled from already).

• 2ND Suggestions -
    • Instead of it being on critical health, perhaps make it after a certain percentage of health is lost? Maybe 50% would be good?
    • Instead of transporting to an ally, I think that you should jump back to the position you were when you cast the ability, making it seem more like a "Time Jump".

Temporal Transition sounds pretty cool, but depending on the exact values it could range from extremely broken to underwhelming. Ignoring that though, I mainly want to input on allied buffs.

• 3RD Suggestions -
    • health/shield restore over time
    • speed buff
    • (i legit don't know what other buffs I could link to time)

I'd like to see what improvements you could make, but you have some cool ideas going on here. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Gotta' say, I like "Kairos" as a name the most.

Passive shouldn't really work of the back of an ability. That would be a secondary feature to that ability. It should really be the other way around. So how about taking ideas from Portcullis and working it in to the Passive?

• Passive Suggestion - Portcullis
    • When damaged, Kairos has a 50% chance to open a portal on the enemy that hits him, teleporting them to a random spot within 20 meters of the portal. Wherever the enemy exits the portal is where a connecting portal for that specific portal will be made. The portal will linger behind for 5 seconds and any allies of enemies that enter it will extend the duration for another 2.5 seconds

Since Portcullis is the passive in this, we'll need another 1st ability. Preferably one that works off of the Passive.

I was actually going to give my own suggestions but I think it'll be much more fun if you make it. 🙂

I'm saying that they'd feel too similar not because their entirely similar on their own, but because they both involve sending enemies and allies to a different space and they're both Time/Space Warframes. I understand where you're coming from though, but that's just my personal thoughts.

Time Jump (you can make a more interesting name than that lol) is mostly good, just a tweak or two that I would like. It would make it seem even more like a cool Warframe version of Tracer's Recall from Overwatch (though I think that's what you pulled from already).

• 2ND Suggestions -
    • Instead of it being on critical health, perhaps make it after a certain percentage of health is lost? Maybe 50% would be good?
    • Instead of transporting to an ally, I think that you should jump back to the position you were when you cast the ability, making it seem more like a "Time Jump".

Temporal Transition sounds pretty cool, but depending on the exact values it could range from extremely broken to underwhelming. Ignoring that though, I mainly want to input on allied buffs.

• 3RD Suggestions -
    • health/shield restore over time
    • speed buff
    • (i legit don't know what other buffs I could link to time)

I'd like to see what improvements you could make, but you have some cool ideas going on here. 

I am really loving this feedback.... These are great suggestions.... I'm going to restructure the abilities now.....

Thanks 

Edited by (XB1)MrApple1988