Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing features of Fortuna ?

AVSManfred

Alright so i've been trying to keep track of the features that new oepn map will have that were announced even before Tennocon and must admit that what we're going to get right now looks intresting, still some of the features i would like to see are apsent since Tennocon 

-calm/blizzard weather phases, basically Fortunas equivalent of Plains day/night cycle, yet so far we haven't heard a word of these, and what thye do to the mmap state, and how much harder it is to traverse it during the blizzard state, and will there still be these defrosting stations ?

- corpus rover, yeah the presentation of it on PoE was bit of a fiasco but still was it scrapped afterwards ? czu for me it looksl iek with some better phisics and better model (cuz really it owudl make more sense to give us rover liek ones we hijack  during Europa hijacks) it coudl still be a decent option, i do liek idea of k-drives, or however these hooverboards gonna be named but rolling trough such map in tank-like rover woudl feel awesome too

So i know that these might be kept hidden on purpose, but if it's too much of a spoiler to reveal why these aren't talked about i would like to at least know if these will be a thing  and when, or no

Edited by AVSManfred

I think they scrapped the blizzards. Steve's shown off the equivalent to a day/night cycle and it's a kind of solar reflector changing the light levels. So it doesn't seem like it's what's originally thought of. I guess they wanted to go all-in on the cold.

As for the Rover, there's no more info on it. It IS possible it'll show up as a bounty component though. They've demonstrated that there's a lot more variation in them, and that seems like it'd fit right in to that.

Well, weather wasn't a thing with the Plains until some time after its release so we might see more visual flare later into the release if they can get it working without causing too large of an impact on performance, etc.. They're probably avoiding stretching too far with non-essential visuals until they get some good mileage with players with different hardware specifications.

The day/night cycle is a kind of mood lighting - Steve has a video of it pinned in his twitter. 

Blizzards are possibly related to at least one kind of Corpus spider unit - they showed one at the heart of a storm one dev stream. 

I assume that if the rover is still in there somewhere its influence was reduced as they realized what a pain it would be to give it physics, program the AI to use it, and allow players to use it to get places.  I suspect that the "getting places" aspect is what birthed the K-Drive.